Windows 10: some task bar icons have no graphic

Discus and support some task bar icons have no graphic in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running current W10 on a new PC A handful of apps, when running and appearing on the task bar and anytime if pinned, are there, but are a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Newmarket2, Aug 16, 2018.

1. some task bar icons have no graphic

I'm running current W10 on a new PC

A handful of apps, when running and appearing on the task bar and anytime if pinned, are there, but are a black hole with no graphic.

In particular, Edge and Settings.

Anything I can do?

:)

Newmarket2, Aug 16, 2018

2. Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 16, 2018
  4. some task bar icons have no graphic

No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

some task bar icons have no graphic

1. some task bar icons have no graphic - Similar Threads - task bar icons

2. Task bar icons have stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar icons have stopped working: Tuesday, October 24, 20236:15 PM ESTWhen I booted up my computer this morning and clicked on the task bar icon for my email Thunderbird a small window popped up saying, "Can't open this item.It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted.Do you want to remove this item? -...
  3. Task bar icons have stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar icons have stopped working: Tuesday, October 24, 20236:15 PM ESTWhen I booted up my computer this morning and clicked on the task bar icon for my email Thunderbird a small window popped up saying, "Can't open this item.It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted.Do you want to remove this item? -...
  4. Task bar icons have stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some Task Bar Icons Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Task Bar Icons Malfunctioning: A few of the icons for programs I have pinned to my task bar, appear as a yellow square, one of them a black square. Some of the icons appear normal. I have restarted my computer, restarted windows explorer in task manager. Not sure why I am experiencing this effect....
  6. Some Task Bar Icons Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Task Bar Icons Malfunctioning: A few of the icons for programs I have pinned to my task bar, appear as a yellow square, one of them a black square. Some of the icons appear normal. I have restarted my computer, restarted windows explorer in task manager. Not sure why I am experiencing this effect....
  7. Some Task Bar Icons Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  9. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....
  10. some task bar icons are invisibles

some task bar icons are invisibles: some of the icons disappear only after pinned to the task bar like: settings icon; calender; alarm; sticky notes and others..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/some-task-bar-icons-are-invisibles/5940202c-c44a-416f-a7b0-9a1e4e09f667