Windows 10: Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS)

Discus and support Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Oddly, some icons are not showing up in the bottom left section of the taskbar. I simply see a blue underline without the actual icon. Help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnKusa, Jul 24, 2018.

1. JohnKusa Win User

Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS)

Oddly, some icons are not showing up in the bottom left section of the taskbar. I simply see a blue underline without the actual icon.

Help?

:)

JohnKusa, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS)

Hidden taskbar icons and taskbar icons options in CREATORS UPDATE

Hi Davor,

Taskbar shows us see the programs that we're currently using as well as those that we pinned. It helps us to easily navigate from one program to another. We can update the settings of your taskbar to show it on your desktop. Here's how:

• Press the Windows icon on your keyboard.
    • Click on Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Personalization then go to Taskbar.
    • Check Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode and
      Automatically hide the taskbar in
      tablet mode options. Make sure to turn them off.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your concern.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS)

1. Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS) - Similar Threads - taskbar icons are

2. Some apps show an empty icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps show an empty icon in the taskbar: Weird effect: If I start the Windows 11 native app Calculator and there is already a link to this app in the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, then the Calculator app shows an empty icon on the taskbar. However, if I delete the links to this app in...
  3. Some apps show an empty icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps show an empty icon in the taskbar: Weird effect: If I start the Windows 11 native app Calculator and there is already a link to this app in the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, then the Calculator app shows an empty icon on the taskbar. However, if I delete the links to this app in...
  4. Skype icon in taskbar is in black!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype icon in taskbar is in black!: I have no idea why my Skype icon in taskbar is in black? I tried changing Windows theme to light and it didn't change! I even uninstalled and reinstalled Skype from MS Store but as soon as I pin Skype to taskbar, the icon is black! It's normal blue everywhere else in my...
  5. Skype icon in taskbar is in black!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype icon in taskbar is in black!: I have no idea why my Skype icon in taskbar is in black? I tried changing Windows theme to light and it didn't change! I even uninstalled and reinstalled Skype from MS Store but as soon as I pin Skype to taskbar, the icon is black! It's normal blue everywhere else in my...
  6. Photos Icon not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Icon not showing: Hey guys, what's up!This time, I'm in a great trouble. My MS Photos icon isn't showingNow what to do?Please send the answers ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-icon-not-showing/27d8ea60-9410-455f-85b5-8088cbf5f522
  7. Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.: Hi guys, I have been getting this issue for past week, I updated my windows to newer version 20H2 in this time too, but thumbnails and some icons don't show up. I am not able to preview images in a folder. I already have tried every possible solution in file explorer options...
  8. Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .: [ATTACH] This is coming even though my windows updated till : 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems...
  9. Some Icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Icons not showing on taskbar: I am running Windows 10 Pro Problem is some icons are not showing / blank when related programs are open. It only affects some random programs like Microsoft Store, Image Glass.. etc. and I don't remember when did this issue exactly started to happen. I also googled it and...
  10. Some Icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Icons not showing on taskbar: I am running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 - Build 18362. Since the last 2 Windows update some icons are not showing when pinning to the task bar or when programs are open. So far the programs not showing an icon but just a white line at the bottom of the taskbar are Edge,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype not showing in taskbar

2. skype icon not showing in taskbar

3. skype icon not showing on taskbar

4. skype pin to taskbar not showing,
  5. skype icon missing from taskbar,
  6. task bar icon settings,
  7. Skype window is not showing icons,
  8. skype not in taskbar,
  9. skype icon not visible on the taskbar,
  10. skype icon not visible on taskbar,
  11. some icons are not showing on my taskbar,