Windows 10: Some Taskbar Icons not working the same as others

Discus and support Some Taskbar Icons not working the same as others in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated from Win8.1 to Win10 over the weekend. I use a number of documents pinned to the icons on my Taskbar. (I right click the icons and pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DougInATX, Mar 13, 2016.

1. DougInATX Win User

Some Taskbar Icons not working the same as others

I updated from Win8.1 to Win10 over the weekend. I use a number of documents pinned to the icons on my Taskbar. (I right click the icons and pin frequently used docs from the recently used file list on each icons context menu) When I right click the Taskbar icons, most have a context menu (Open and Unpin from Taskbar and a list of recently used files) but with Notepad or Excel2016 I don't see the context menu or the unpin option with either of these. The icon seems dead to a right click.

To add to the mystery, I was able to remove the Excel icon from the large start menu Icons but can't seem to get it back now. The icon in the start menu/all apps does not work either and my Taskbar icon for Excel has stopped launching the program since I removed the icon from the start menu. Other MS Office icons and other program icons are working normally except Notepad has similar issues.

I don't want to make things worse by doing a reinstall or other drastic things if I can avoid them. Any ideas or thoughts on how to fix this.

:)

DougInATX, Mar 13, 2016
  2. farby Win User

amber update not as same as others, maybe some file missing while download

Use the QR Codes HERE and update all your System Applications (especially extras+info and touch+display) .. Then check again .

farby, Mar 13, 2016
  3. amber update not as same as others, maybe some file missing while download

I download amber update today through wifi on my Lumia 620, but settings are not as this video does help me.... Maybe some file missing... Please help me...

tamaldhara, Mar 13, 2016
  4. hooked Win User

You're not alone. My context menu is very, very slow to open. If it opens at all. And when it does open, I have to wait several seconds before my cursor is able to move to select an item. The far right icon on the task bar that is the little icon with lines inside the box - where you get notifications - if I left click nothing happens. If I right click, I get the pop up that says "Open Action Center" and I click on it and it does nothing.
    My problem isn't just right click on taskbar. It's right click anywhere. One thing, it's making me learn more shortcuts because I am so pissed at myself when I forget and right click.
    If you search this forum or just Google Windows 10 Start Menu Button you'll see hundreds of hits on some potential fixes. There are 3 fixes that are mentioned several times. But the fixes either don't work, or they are temporary.
    I ran Windows 10 Pro for 7 or 8 months before I got the problem. I was luckier than lots of people who - like you - started having problems right away.
    I've decided that tomorrow I'm going back down to Windows 7 Pro. Then I'll just check in to this forum every so often and see if Windows has actually come up with a solution for this.

Good luck to you. Really sucks, but you have lots of company.

hooked, Apr 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Some Taskbar Icons not working the same as others - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons working

2. The Do not disturb icon on the taskbar and some other icons seems to appear as a small box,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Do not disturb icon on the taskbar and some other icons seems to appear as a small box,...: Updated to windows 11, some icons in the taskbar and notification center appear to be small box, Please provide a solution to fix these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-do-not-disturb-icon-on-the-taskbar-and-some/42281c5d-c238-4e04-ba5f-fda32e9c8716
  3. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  4. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  5. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Some Icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Icons not showing on taskbar: I am running Windows 10 Pro Problem is some icons are not showing / blank when related programs are open. It only affects some random programs like Microsoft Store, Image Glass.. etc. and I don't remember when did this issue exactly started to happen. I also googled it and...
  7. Is there a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others?

Is there a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others?: My taskbar is full, and I would like to know if there was a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others. Like, if I could have something like browser icons | developing tools icons | design tools icons , and so on, you get the idea. Is there a way to do that?...
  8. Some icons blank others not.

Some icons blank others not.: [ATTACH] Some of my windows 10 store apps actually have icons, like Neon Abyss, Overcooked! 2, and Minecraft Dungeons. Others such as Clustertruck, Moving Out, and My Friend Pedro have no icon at all. I've tried to run DISM and sfc in command prompt, and neither fixed...
  9. Some Icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Icons not showing on taskbar: I am running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 - Build 18362. Since the last 2 Windows update some icons are not showing when pinning to the task bar or when programs are open. So far the programs not showing an icon but just a white line at the bottom of the taskbar are Edge,...
  10. Some taskbar icons are "fogged"

in Windows 10 Support
    Some taskbar icons are "fogged": Hi, I have encountered a graphical anomaly, some taskabar icons, (but never the system ones like wifi/battery etc...) sometimes get "fogged" and I do not know what is cause of this. The icon is normal again only at application exit and re-launch, or computer reboot. [img]...