Windows 10: Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option

Discus and support Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is the option on many things in windows expolorer, if you right click, "Pin to start" .. for instance.. say you have a folder you want to pin a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markm75, Aug 19, 2015.

1. markm75 Win User

Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option

There is the option on many things in windows expolorer, if you right click, "Pin to start" .. for instance.. say you have a folder you want to pin a shortcut to.. you right click that.. pin to start.. it should then appear in the start menu.. well on my system it doesnt..

I have to manually make a shortcut, then copy that to the programdata or local users windows start menu folder for it to then be pinnable to start via the start menu..

I think it must be a bug.. just wondering if others have ran into this?

:)

markm75, Aug 19, 2015
  2. iAlexQA Win User

"unpin from start" and "use start full screen" not working!

You have same problems like others - Pin to start - NOT WORKING.

Looks like start menu is badly broken, pin/unpin not working, any other customization options for start menu won't work too, some users report that click on start menu won't open it at all.

iAlexQA, Aug 19, 2015
  3. SarahN27 Win User
    Netflix app will not launch in taskbar

Unfortunately still no success =( it now no longer even appears in my start menu despite the 'pin to start' option being greyed out in my Microsoft store.

SarahN27, Aug 19, 2015
  4. NCguy Win User

I've had to do the same thing. Either bug or most likely incomplete release

NCguy, Aug 19, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    Just to make sure you are looking in the right place. Please ignore if you already knew this.

• When you right-click on something and select "pin to start" Windows will create a metro-style tile.
    • The tile gets placed at the bottom of the metro/tile section of the start screen.
    • You may have to scroll down to find the new tile at the bottom of the metro/tile area

Right-clicking and selecting "pin to start" is not meant to make any changes to the start menu.

WhyMe, Aug 19, 2015
  6. NCguy Win User
    Speaking for me, yes I do get that but I am running across many instances where it says pin and it doesn't post to anything.

NCguy, Aug 19, 2015
  7. markm75 Win User
    Same here

markm75, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option - Similar Threads - things Explorer won't

2. File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu: I can no longer start File Explorer from the Start Menu link, or task bar link on Win 11. When pressed the screen goes off, reappears without icons or task bar then goes back to normal. File Explorer isn't visible but is running in Task Manager. Shortcuts to existing folders...
  3. File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu: I can no longer start File Explorer from the Start Menu link, or task bar link on Win 11. When pressed the screen goes off, reappears without icons or task bar then goes back to normal. File Explorer isn't visible but is running in Task Manager. Shortcuts to existing folders...
  4. Odd thing on windows start menu

Odd thing on windows start menu: I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?...
  5. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd thing on windows start menu: I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?...
  6. File explorer and start menu won't open

File explorer and start menu won't open: I was trying to fix an issue I was having with all windows/store apps crashing on startup. I used this website and followed the steps of changing permissions for the things listed there. Now when I try to open file explorer get an error message of this file does not have an...
  7. How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu

How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu: Pls. tell me how to pin File Explorer to the Start menu, so that I will have it in 2 places (also on taskbar), so that I can open it separately (twice) at the same time....
  8. Some programs won't show up in/get pinned to the Start menu

Some programs won't show up in/get pinned to the Start menu: Hi, Something a bit weird with the Win 10 start menu. I'm using Oracle VirtualBox, and installed the latest version after upgrading to Windows 10 (5.0.1 beta). It works fine, but for some reason I can't pin it to the start menu, nor does it show up in the start menu when I...
  9. Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?: Not sure whether this is the appropriate forum, but, when you right click on the file explorer icon on the start bar you see, among other things, some frequently accessed folders and you see some pinned folders (downloads, pictures etc.) and I'm wondering whether there's any...
  10. Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?: Any of the items under games in this screen shot will not pin to my Start Screen? They will pin to my taskbar though. It's windows 10 Enterprise if that matters. I can right click and select Pin to Start, but nothing happens. Right click again and Pin To Start is still listed...