Windows 10: some tool or something for force deleting folders

Discus and support some tool or something for force deleting folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi sometimes i get stuck with a error that it cant delete a folder because of too long filename or it says it's in use when infact it isn't is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by premier69, Jan 15, 2016.

1. premier69 Win User

some tool or something for force deleting folders

hi

sometimes i get stuck with a error that it cant delete a folder because of too long filename or it says it's in use when infact it isn't is there some nice tool for this?

:)

premier69, Jan 15, 2016

2. You need permimssion from <Computername>/<CurrentUsername> to delete this folder

I had some folders in my C drive from a program that I was trying to delete. However, when I tried to delete them, it told me I needed administrator priveledge to delete them. My account is an administrator, so I went ahead and clicked continue. However,
    it gave me an error saying

"you require permission from MyLaptop/tyler to make changes to this folder", despite that being the current user. I can traverse some parts of the folder inside, but I can't get to any of the lowest layers and view the files. Is there any way to force delete
    the folder, as it's something I would like to get rid of and reinstall.

Thanks!

tyler.fost, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Can't remove windows.old because of point64.sys

I used "Wise Force Deleter" to delete the point64.sys file. This was the first time I've used that utility, but it doesn't seem to work for folders and couldn't delete the "Windows.old" folder. I changed that folder & its children owner to myself, and
    then deleted normally.

Looks like some random Windows 10 bug.

Jeff Windows 10 user, Jan 15, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Jan 16, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    You're quite welcome. Please mark the thread as "solved" if you are satisfied. *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. some tool or something for force deleting folders - Similar Threads - tool something force

2. UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.: Hi Support,I am using Windows 10 OS. I am able to see some of the unknown folders with some characters.If I open it, nothing is there in that folder.I am not able to Delete that folder.What is the root cause of the issue and how to delete the folder.Your immediate response &...
  3. UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.: Hi Support,I am using Windows 10 OS. I am able to see some of the unknown folders with some characters.If I open it, nothing is there in that folder.I am not able to Delete that folder.What is the root cause of the issue and how to delete the folder.Your immediate response &...
  4. UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Question about deleting some folders in appdata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about deleting some folders in appdata: I've been deleting folders in appdata of stuff with old program names etc and just found out its a risky thing to do because it might make windows or programs not work properly. everything seems to still work ok though. Should I reinstall windows or will Windows be fine....
  6. Force deletion of folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Force deletion of folders: Last week sometime, Windows 10 did an automatic update 64-bit Home Edition. I'm not sure how to find out the new version number but the update must've been a big one because I've been left with a folder on my C:\ drive calledwindows.old which I'm guessing is the previous...
  7. How do I force to delete a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I force to delete a folder?: I have been trying to get rid of one of my folders in my laptop, but whenever I click delete it says "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in [directory]. Verify the item's location and try again." Can anyone please help me? submitted by /u/Van-DarkALBERT...
  8. Deleted something

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted something: My son has an Acer laptop. In an attempt to make more space, it appears he deleted something ne shouldnt have. Now it wont start up. It starts, but none of the programs load. I click on the windows menu and nothing. Even trying to use the window button, nothing. Any ideas on...
  9. Any way to force delete a folder, regardless of permissions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to force delete a folder, regardless of permissions?: Hello, As often happens, I have an undeletable folder on my Windows 10 PC. I am logged in as me, the only user, an administrator, but, infuriatingly, when I recently updated Windows 10, Microsoft left a trail of junk lying around, including a folder called WindowsApps. I've...
  10. Cannot delete some weird folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete some weird folder: hie i cannot delete a folder which is occupying around 300 gigs its named like "7b31b96adb099d631d03e9c5" if i tried to delete it i have to change the ownership but cannot do it it doesnt make me change the ownership please help 52466