Windows 10: Some Windows 10 apps not working with DCOM error

Discus and support Some Windows 10 apps not working with DCOM error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having this problem for a while now. There are some apps not working on a W10 Pro install, specifically: Microsoft Finance app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cooperdale, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Some Windows 10 apps not working with DCOM error

Hello, I have been having this problem for a while now. There are some apps not working on a W10 Pro install, specifically:

Microsoft Finance app

Microsoft Weather app

Facebook Messenger app

I get these errors in event viewer:

Finance app:

Error 10010: "AppexFinance Server did not register with DCOM within the required timeout"

Error 5973: "Activation of app AppID failed with error: app not started"

Weather app:

Error 10010: "App Server did not register with DCOM within the required timeout"

Messenger app:

Error 10010: "App Server did not register with DCOM within the required timeout"

This doesn't happen with any new app I install, just with Facebook Messenger for now and the two Microsoft apps.

Is there a way to fix this without creating a new user account? I really need to keep this account.

PS: I have already tried sfc /scannow, which as usual amounted to nothing.

I've also tried this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5-56817b072905

:)

Cooperdale, Jun 9, 2016

2. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643.

Thanks but already tried that and it didn't work

I think this is a DCOM permission error

I found KB3081704 download from Microsoft and tried to manually install it and got DCOM permissions errors

I think these errors came from a bad update back in august

the bad update broke the store and it's apps and the start menu

it was later fixed but the dvd player app never worked and I saw a lot of DOM permissions errors in the event viewer

I tried the online update troubleshooter and the .net troubleshooter but it didn't fix the problem

I don't like messing with DCOM permissions since you also need to modify the registry permissions to enable the DCOM permissions editor.

Is there a DCOM troubleshooter?

Is there a way to disable KB3081704?

it doesn't show up to allow it to be disabled.

thanks

Rob

Robfly80-2, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Start, search and task bar not working.

In System Windows Log are errors such as:

The server App did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

The server Windows.Security.Authentication.Web.Core.BackgroundGetTokenTask.ClassId.WebAccountProvider did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

The server CortanaUI.AppXn73w0hsq3g4wx1h9fhf7q02vw2wta6qc.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

shane_aspirence, Jun 9, 2016
Thema:

Some Windows 10 apps not working with DCOM error

1. Some Windows 10 apps not working with DCOM error - Similar Threads - apps working DCOM

2. DCOM errors = no windows apps working + user data gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM errors = no windows apps working + user data gone: Something of a cross-post from reddit, because I'm desperate for a solution to these problems as they affect very major things for me and Nothing has worked thus farpreface: i'm running windows 10 home, ver 21h2, os build 19044.1348.uhhhh so i've been struggling with this for...
  3. DCOM errors = no windows apps working + user data gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM errors = no windows apps working + user data gone: Something of a cross-post from reddit, because I'm desperate for a solution to these problems as they affect very major things for me and Nothing has worked thus farpreface: i'm running windows 10 home, ver 21h2, os build 19044.1348.uhhhh so i've been struggling with this for...
  4. DCOM errors = no windows apps working + user data gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DCOM Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    DCOM Error: My system crashes whenever i open a particular game and if i look in event viewer!! i get error like The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and...
  6. DCOM error

in Windows 10 Customization
    DCOM error: I have an app from Canon which transfers images from my camera to the la[ptop. This has worked seamlessly for a couple of years. All of a sudden after a windows update? it won't run. from my own local administrator account. It will run from other accounts on the laptop. Canon...
  7. DCOM ERROR

DCOM ERROR: My laptop keeps crashing and the only thing i saw in my event viewer is DCOM error 10016 Error 1: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager and...
  8. Dcom error

in Windows 10 Support
    Dcom error: Over several generations of Windows 10 (now 2004) the Pro 64-bit version throws a DCom error that the Home version (shown on top) does not, when clicking on "Com+ Applications. And the "running processes" entry is missing in the Pro version. This doesn't appear to be causing...
  9. Some apps randomly started crashing on launch just now (DCOM errors)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps randomly started crashing on launch just now (DCOM errors): Closed down Gears 5 to make some food, now it won't launch. This is happening to a handful of apps and I have no idea why. Event viewer is showing DCOM errors. This happened a while ago too and only a reinstall fixed it, which I really don't want to do again. Error is as...
  10. DCOM Error

DCOM Error: Hi i have been having an issue with the following error: My surface pro displays a bluescreen a quick error message the pc has experienced an error. Boots to UEFI and I have to manually restart. I have done all my updates and I even went back to factory default and the issue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 apps dcom

2. cortanaui did not register with dcom

3. regestering microsoft account in my windows phone

4. how to add DCOM permissions to windows 10 mail app,
  5. windows app dcom,
  6. windows 10 app did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.,
  7. windows apps dcom error,
  8. windows 10 microsoft apps are not regestering with dcom,
  9. dcom registration of windows store,
  10. windows 10 not launching microsoft apps with dcom error,
  11. windows apps dcom 10010,