Windows 10: Some Windows 10 store taskbar Icons are shown incorrectly

Discus and support Some Windows 10 store taskbar Icons are shown incorrectly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The problem sort of started out of nowhere. Its not a big deal but its really annoying. So far its only Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, as you can see,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OzoneTheGreat, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Some Windows 10 store taskbar Icons are shown incorrectly

The problem sort of started out of nowhere. Its not a big deal but its really annoying. So far its only Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, as you can see, the icon is very small and inside a black box, The desktop Icon shows correctly, as well as the Icon when I search it with cortana, but the start menu also has the incorrect icon.

***UPDATE***
    I just downloaded ProjectSpark for windows 10 and the taskbar Icon For this does the same thing

Some Windows 10 store taskbar Icons are shown incorrectly [​IMG]

:)

OzoneTheGreat, Nov 17, 2015

2. Removed Windows Store from taskbar, but blank space remains after removal

I wanted to remove the Windows Store icon from my Windows 10 taskbar, as I rarely need to visit the Store and I wanted to reclaim the space used by the Store icon on the taskbar.

When I right-clicked on the Store icon and selected "Unpin" as the option, the icon image disappeared but there remains a blank space where the icon used to be. If I add another application to the taskbar, it appears to the right of the blank space.

When I right-click on the blank space, the options shown are: "Store" (with the Store icon showing to the left), "Pin to taskbar" and "Close all windows". If I then click "Pin to taskbar", a new Windows Store icon appears in the taskbar to the left of the
    blank space, but the blank space remains.

How do I get rid of the blank space? Is there a registry area where I can view all the entries used to populate the taskbar with added apps and where I might be able to isolate the entry for the blank space and delete it?

DrTechnical, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 doesn't remember some settings after restart.

Hi!

Windows 10 doesn't remember some settings. When I switch off some taskbar icons or add some widgets to welcome screen and reboot system, hidden icons restored to their defaults and widgets not shown on welcome screen.

What's wrong?

Vasiliy Pupkins, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

Some Windows 10 store taskbar Icons are shown incorrectly

1. Some Windows 10 store taskbar Icons are shown incorrectly - Similar Threads - store taskbar Icons

2. Taskbar icons are not shown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons are not shown?: For some reason after restarting my computer I cannot raise the brightness or the sound and internet and Bluetooth are not working I tried restarting the laptop many times but it didn't work...
  3. Taskbar icons are not shown?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons are not shown?: For some reason after restarting my computer I cannot raise the brightness or the sound and internet and Bluetooth are not working I tried restarting the laptop many times but it didn't work...
  4. windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect: I am experiencing a strange thing since upgrading to Windows 11 - my taskbar icons indicate no internet access and muted sound, when both are in fact working fine. Any ideas?Peter...
  5. windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect: I am experiencing a strange thing since upgrading to Windows 11 - my taskbar icons indicate no internet access and muted sound, when both are in fact working fine. Any ideas?Peter...
  6. In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes: I am facing this in my windows 10 after updating to ver 1909 some of my icons are shown as boxes [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-some-icons-are-shown-as-boxes/fc208cc1-f0f9-457e-ba17-91deac687ace
  7. Incorrect data shown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incorrect data shown: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/z1m9pljt3yx41.png?width=1586&format=png&auto=webp&s=3592ae06dcc2bff3b9da429e292d279fe7c605c9 i want to free up some space in computer and did a little scan. i scanned a single file and then i opened it and scanned all together. the...
  8. Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly: Hello! After a while of being on (5 days, broken up by hibernation) the taskbar starts to do weird things, here's some examples: First symptom (Telegram is showing behind the start menu): [img] Then it starts to evolve [img] [img] I don't have two instances of...
  9. Incorrect Icon In Taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Incorrect Icon In Taskbar: When opening a PDF file today I am seeing an icon for Movie Maker, not an icon for Adobe, in the taskbar. This happens when clicking a desktop shortcut for Acrobat reader Dc, but not happening when using a desktop shortcut for Acrobat XI to open the program (correct icon does...
  10. incorrect memory shown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    incorrect memory shown: I have an 8 gigabyte ram in my pc, but i often experience slow/lag when i use the computer. When this happens, i open up my task manager and check my ram. Here's a screenshot Snaggy - easy screenshots Snaggy - easy screenshots As you can see, the total ram used up by my...