Windows 10: Somebody else is logged in at shutdown

Discus and support Somebody else is logged in at shutdown in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Since a week or two back I have started to get a popup that someone else is logged on when I am about to shut down the computer. This is a bit scary.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jockep77, Nov 30, 2017.

1. jockep77 Win User

Somebody else is logged in at shutdown

Since a week or two back I have started to get a popup that someone else is logged on when I am about to shut down the computer. This is a bit scary. Has anyone else also got this experience?

/Windows 10 Pro user

:)

jockep77, Nov 30, 2017
  2. saylinen Win User

PC Suite Privacy

Hi, if there's multiple users using same PC, it's recommended to use use Windows user accounts to protect privacy. Log in with own user name into Windows and then we somebody else is going to use Nokia Ovi Suite, log out with your Windows user name let
    somebody else use his own Windows user name to log in.

saylinen, Nov 30, 2017
  3. Cortana thinks my wife is somebody else!

Please help! Cortana has somehow decided my wife is a somewhat grumpy ex-colleague of mine. Cortana refuses to recognise my real wife, simply offering to contact the "other woman". My wife (jokingly, I hope) has suggested that maybe cortana has predicted I
    should be having an affair...

Please advise me of a way to update who Cortana considers to be my wife.

Dan Meggers, Nov 30, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello jockep, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

When this happens, you can cancel shutdown, and use Option 5 in the tutorial below to see what accounts are showing as currently still signed in.

*Arrow Sign out of Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Brink, Nov 30, 2017
  5. roy111 Win User
    I have the same message when i shutdown and restart, since updating to 1709, win 10 pro,
    i don't think someone is actually logged in, hope someone know more...

Step to reproduce:

A

logut

on the login window select shut down or restart

the message appears

B

turn on pc

on the login window do not log in

select shut down or restart

the message appears

roy111, Nov 30, 2017
  6. roy111 Win User
    After the log out as suggested in Brink tutorial it does not happen, all OK!
    thanks brink!

roy111, Dec 1, 2017
  7. roy111 Win User
    after Cumulative Update KB4051963 the phantom user is back, whatever...

roy111, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Somebody else is logged in at shutdown - Similar Threads - Somebody else logged

2. Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward: I've had this happen to me a few times now and one of the more recent times caused a problem. I accept that Windows sometimes deems it absolutely necessary to install an update, and therefore replaces the typical "Shutdown" option with "Update and Shutdown", however I'm...
  3. Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward: I've had this happen to me a few times now and one of the more recent times caused a problem. I accept that Windows sometimes deems it absolutely necessary to install an update, and therefore replaces the typical "Shutdown" option with "Update and Shutdown", however I'm...
  4. Shutdown problem. logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown problem. logs: Günlük Adı: System Kaynak: EventLog Tarih: 23.12.2022 22:52:34 Olay Kimliği: 6008 Görev Kategorisi:Yok Düzey: Hata Anahtar sözcükler:Klasik Kullanıcı: Yok Bilgisayar: DESKTOP-R29RETJ Açıklama: 22:14:11, ‎23.‎12.‎2022 tarihinde gerçekleşen önceki sistem kapanışı beklenmiyordu....
  5. Shutdown problem. logs

Shutdown problem. logs: Günlük Adı: System Kaynak: EventLog Tarih: 23.12.2022 22:52:34 Olay Kimliği: 6008 Görev Kategorisi:Yok Düzey: Hata Anahtar sözcükler:Klasik Kullanıcı: Yok Bilgisayar: DESKTOP-R29RETJ Açıklama: 22:14:11, ‎23.‎12.‎2022 tarihinde gerçekleşen önceki sistem kapanışı beklenmiyordu....
  6. I think somebody logged onto my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think somebody logged onto my computer: I think somebody tried to get into my computer, noticed my apps look kind of weird and there are some tabs that I did not even openAnything I can do to find out who did? Any apps I can download to prevent it from happening again?...
  7. I think somebody logged onto my computer

I think somebody logged onto my computer: I think somebody tried to get into my computer, noticed my apps look kind of weird and there are some tabs that I did not even openAnything I can do to find out who did? Any apps I can download to prevent it from happening again?...
  8. Windows defender showing this and nothing else. Somebody please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender showing this and nothing else. Somebody please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/penny__wise [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flss4y/windows_defender_showing_this_and_nothing_else/
  9. Log Off/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Log Off/Shutdown: Our home W10 PC contains 4 user accounts. Three of the users log in then shutdown the PC when they have finished using the shutdown at the bottom left hand side of the screen. When I boot the PC and log in the other users accounts say that they are still logged in to the PC...
  10. How to disable Win10 warning on shutdown if someone else is logged in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable Win10 warning on shutdown if someone else is logged in?: I have the habit of clicking Shut Down on my computer and walking away. Then 2 hours later or the next morning I come back to see the "Some else is still using this PC..." warning message. Or some program didn't shut down properly, and I see the "Force Shut Down" button. If I...