Windows 10: somehow my location data got turned off what are defaults ???

Discus and support somehow my location data got turned off what are defaults ??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all somehow not sure if a update did it but cortana got turned off and so did my location stuff, so anyone know what the defaults are as i never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonyb, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Tonyb Win User

somehow my location data got turned off what are defaults ???

Hi all somehow not sure if a update did it but cortana got turned off and so did my location stuff, so anyone know what the defaults are as i never played with it much, but want to reset it to default if anyone know what it is???

:)

Tonyb, Dec 6, 2015

2. since update

Had a similar problem several weeks ago. Somehow the Cellular data Connection got turned off. Go to Settings -> Network & Wireless -> Cellular & SIM -> turn on Data Connection.

BleednBlue, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Nokia ovi maps is not working on E72-2

Do you have A-GPS turned on or off (it will incur data charges if its on). Normally I have A-GPS off, and getting a signal for me ranges from instant to almost 15min. What I can do to somehow speed up things, at least apparently from my point of view,
    is to go to the Location application, and open GPS Data, it requests the position you have, and once it locks, your Maps would lock as well.

chanchan05, Dec 6, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 6, 2015
  5. Tonyb Win User
    did not help me out but i just turned on what i wanted and left the rest off it seem to work, just wish i new what was default on in there lol, i would turn them on and call it good lol.

Tonyb, Dec 6, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Defaults for what exactly? I can only guess what you're talking about in terms of what you'd like to know the default settings for.

Assuming you mean the privacy settings- O&O Shutup (free) offers an option to reset them to default as I recall.

As various things can disable Cortana, one can only guess..

dalchina, Dec 6, 2015
  7. Tonyb Win User
    yea the location data for apps and privacy settings

Tonyb, Dec 6, 2015
  8. philc43 Win User

I thought the default setting Location History for your Apps is OFF, except for Cortana which has to be ON to work. I just had a look at my settings they are all OFF except for Maps and Mail and Calendar so maybe the default for those is also now ON and probably has to do with Windows providing me with directions to my calendar events, again something I asked Cortana to help me with.

philc43, Dec 6, 2015
  9. Tonyb Win User
    aww ok so i did it right then as those are the ones i turned on as well.

Tonyb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. somehow my location data got turned off what are defaults ??? - Similar Threads - somehow location data

2. My computer randomly turned off, but it somehow still remained on? Is this troubling?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer randomly turned off, but it somehow still remained on? Is this troubling?: I was on a discord call, and randomly my computer turned off, I heard the call audio completely cut out, my computer and mouse have lights on them, and they too turned off, but the RGB lights in my tower stayed on, and it sounded like it was still going. What could have...
  3. How did my location turn off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How did my location turn off?: My location is turned off and last I remember it was on. How do I turn it on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-my-location-turn-off/fd84152c-5bb3-42f3-9515-9f0fa04f2bca
  4. How did my location turn off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How did my location turn off?: My location is turned off and last I remember it was on. How do I turn it on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-my-location-turn-off/fd84152c-5bb3-42f3-9515-9f0fa04f2bca
  5. How did my location turn off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.: Is there a way to fix this. When I checked my windows insiders ring, it said that the diagnostic data collection was turned off. When I try to turn it back on, save it & exit from the settings & then I check again, it the turns itself back off. I turned it back on, the same...
  7. Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.: Is there a way to fix this. When I checked my windows insiders ring, it said that the diagnostic data collection was turned off. When I try to turn it back on, save it & exit from the settings & then I check again, it the turns itself back off. I turned it back on, the same...
  8. USB Drivers got turned off somehow, so i cant use the usb ports.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drivers got turned off somehow, so i cant use the usb ports.: So yeah my usb drivers have gotten turned off somehow. So i cant use my keyboard/mouse because the ports doenst work. Anybody know how i can get into windows to turn the drivers on again?...
  9. Cant turn off location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant turn off location: My location is always on. When i go to settings and then privacy and click location the settings closes by itself submitted by /u/fizzy2001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi08ai/cant_turn_off_location/
  10. Turn off location icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off location icon: Howdy, Thanks to Brink for his good tutorial on how to disable location service here: Location Service - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Settings > Home > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off > Location is ON. I also want to turn it off via registry...