Windows 10: Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all...

Discus and support Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I let a friend use my computer and they somehow linked their email to my user. That is the highest administrative position currently on my computer. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Macy Osterdahl, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all...

I let a friend use my computer and they somehow linked their email to my user. That is the highest administrative position currently on my computer. It shows my name but their email. I am having trouble removing this account as when I try to unlink the account it links right back up. Also a honorable mention is that their email is part of a family as a child user. Any known solutions for this?

:)

Macy Osterdahl, Apr 21, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Kari Win User
    different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

4. Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all...

New emails link to old emails and they all show in the inbox

Hi Carlson,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• How many user account you have configured in the Windows Mail app?
    • What do you mean by “New emails link to old emails”?
    If you have configured more than one user account in the Windows Mail app then, I would suggest you to switch the user accounts and check the emails in the inbox.

Follow the below steps to switch the user accounts in the Windows Mail app:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Under the Accounts select one user account and check the
      Inbox
      under Folders.
    If the issue still persist then, I would recommend you to delete and reconfigure the account.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all...

1. Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all... - Similar Threads - Someone else’s email

2. Someone else’s email/microsoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone else’s email/microsoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all my...: I let a friend use my computer and they somehow linked their email to my user. That is the highest administrative position currently on my computer. It shows my name but their email. I am having trouble removing this account as when I try to unlink the account it links right...
  3. Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all...: I let a friend use my computer and they somehow linked their email to my user. That is the highest administrative position currently on my computer. It shows my name but their email. I am having trouble removing this account as when I try to unlink the account it links right...
  4. Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all...: I let a friend use my computer and they somehow linked their email to my user. That is the highest administrative position currently on my computer. It shows my name but their email. I am having trouble removing this account as when I try to unlink the account it links right...
  5. linking all my folders to all my email accounts

linking all my folders to all my email accounts: Two email accounts are linked how do I move emails to my folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-all-my-folders-to-all-my-email-accounts/7d10edf3-07d5-41f0-b204-ee6a6de2c4b6
  6. linking all my folders to all my email accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    linking all my folders to all my email accounts: Two email accounts are linked how do I move emails to my folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-all-my-folders-to-all-my-email-accounts/7d10edf3-07d5-41f0-b204-ee6a6de2c4b6
  7. Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life: Hi, I have a strange problem and it's really defeating my efforts to solve it. Today I got a new laptop and went to set it up. Without thinking about it I used my most commonly used email address, a Gmail account, when signing in. However I forgot that I set up my Microsoft...
  8. Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life

Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life: Hi, I have a strange problem and it's really defeating my efforts to solve it. Today I got a new laptop and went to set it up. Without thinking about it I used my most commonly used email address, a Gmail account, when signing in. However I forgot that I set up my Microsoft...
  9. Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. How to remove someone else's email from my account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove someone else's email from my account?: Hello, I recently had a friend over who logged into their Xbox account on my Windows 10 PC. After they left, I went to use Chrome on the same PC, but this happened: [img] This was totally expected, because my Windows account is NOT part of a family. So I went to account...