Windows 10: Someone Has Hacked My Hotmail Email Address...

Discus and support Someone Has Hacked My Hotmail Email Address... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm desperately worried here so much so that my anxiety levels have gone through the roof! I'm feeling nausea just typing this post. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NiceAndShy, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Someone Has Hacked My Hotmail Email Address...

Hey guys, I'm desperately worried here so much so that my anxiety levels have gone through the roof!

I'm feeling nausea just typing this post.

I can still login to the email account no problems, but I'm worried that the person has access to my email address and can login and read my emails and so on without me knowing.

Is there any way I can check which IP addresses have logged into my Hotmail email account for the past few months?

Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated! *cry

:)

NiceAndShy, Dec 15, 2016

2. can i get a phone number to contact hotmail

Someone called me describing Windows support regarding people who were hacking my computer and giving me options to pay for protection - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

LoisReinehr, Dec 15, 2016
  3. How to fix wrong Email Alias showing in Outlook on Windows 10

The display name does indeed change with the registry hack, but after sending an email the "From" address comes in as something rather cryptic and without the desired (changed) email address;

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** on behalf of; [My Microsoft account email address]

I just can't believe that Microsoft has made this so difficult. I am trying to manage a hotmail account here. You would expect that the from address would be for hotmail, not the account email address.

Mike from NC, Dec 15, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Someone Has Hacked My Hotmail Email Address...

OldMike65, Dec 15, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
  6. Kari Win User
    Nobody (I repeat: nobody) can sign in to your Microsoft email account (hotmail.com, outlook.com, live.com, msn.com) if you set up two step verification.

Go to https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...account-two-step-verification.1224/']tutorial).

Having two-step verification on, whenever I or anyone else tries to sign-in to my account from a non-trusted device, I or a possible unauthorized intruder will be asked to enter a security code which will be sent to my mobile phone. Without this code sign in will be declined. A non-trusted device is any PC or any browser I have not used to sign in before.

Because Microsoft offers this two-step verification, all unauthorized log ins are user's own fault because user has selected not to use two-step verification.

7. Asuza Win User
    Hello Nice and Shy,

I personally use KeePass.
    It is basically a program that manages your passwords in an encrypted database.
    You can learn more about it here: KeePass Password Safe
    For example the password for my gmail is now 100 characters long including numbers, letters both uppercase/small and special characters.
    By the time that password gets cracked, the sun has already consumed the Earth *Biggrin
    But be aware: you MUST use a very good Master Password and not forget it; there is no backdoor or way around to open your database without it. I personally carry mine in a USB stick and I have it on DropBox so I can acces it with my android phone.

Asuza, Dec 15, 2016
  8. RolandJS Win User

Changing the password to a much stronger one is very important -- one's email address is very often the gateway to many many other online accounts, be such forums, banking, purchasing places, and so on.

RolandJS, Dec 15, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just so you are aware, Nice and Shy does not trust companies other than Microsoft to access his data. It's in his other posts.

NavyLCDR, Dec 15, 2016
  10. BrandonR188, Dec 15, 2016
  11. Asuza Win User
    I think you are confusing KeePass with LastPass.

KeePass is open source & free. You are fully responsible for the storage of the file by yourself. ( You could even use Microsoft's OneDrive *Wink )
    Also, it uses Rijndael 256 bits encryption, wich is considered to be very secure and became effective as a U.S. Federal government standard and is approved by the National Security Agency (NSA) for top secret information.

Asuza, Dec 15, 2016
  12. Bree New Member
    I think you are confusing KeePass with LastPass. KeePass is open source & free...
    . No, Nice and Shy is very specific. He won't run any non-Microsoft software in case it grants the authors some hidden 'access' to his data.

13. Bastet Win User

Good to know Kari however I have a question, after reading this post I checked my own account & it said unusual activity detected & requested that I change my password on the account - I have two-step/factor authentication enabled & haven't received any notification that someone has accessed my account or even tried to. Is the notification just saying that someone tried or did someone actually access my account? The access was from the US & I'm in the UK.

Bastet, Dec 15, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    I'll bet the Russians can! ;-)

NavyLCDR, Dec 15, 2016
  15. Mobile phone number can be spoofed without having a physical access to it, not to mention other methods.
    Two-step verification it a great way to loose access to your account though, I would never use it, again.

TairikuOkami, Dec 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Someone Has Hacked My Hotmail Email Address... - Similar Threads - Someone Has Hacked

2. My hotmail account has been hacked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hotmail account has been hacked.: My hotmail account has been hacked. Strange emails are being sent to my contacts in my name phishing for cash. I went in to change my password and realized the phone number was incorrect. I first changed my cell number, and was then locked out from changing my password for 30...
  3. My hotmail account has been hacked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hotmail account has been hacked.: My hotmail account has been hacked. Strange emails are being sent to my contacts in my name phishing for cash. I went in to change my password and realized the phone number was incorrect. I first changed my cell number, and was then locked out from changing my password for 30...
  4. Someone just hacked my account and remove my email address to @rumbler.ru

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone just hacked my account and remove my email address to @rumbler.ru: Today when i was trying to get appps on microsoft store it prompt me a login window popup saying that there is no microsoft account with my email address. So i quadriple check it to make sure that im not doin anything wrong like typing error or misspelled character it still...
  5. Someone just hacked my account and remove my email address to @rumbler.ru

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone just hacked my account and remove my email address to @rumbler.ru: Today when i was trying to get appps on microsoft store it prompt me a login window popup saying that there is no microsoft account with my email address. So i quadriple check it to make sure that im not doin anything wrong like typing error or misspelled character it still...
  6. Someone just hacked my account and remove my email address to @rumbler.ru

7. Someone created a Hotmail address and hacked into my Facebook account. I have never had a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone created a Hotmail address and hacked into my Facebook account. I have never had a...: How do I find what this email address is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-created-a-hotmail-address-and-hacked-into/098c7cc6-e9f9-4d7e-8fd7-22f2fb1e5932
  8. Someone created a Hotmail address and hacked into my Facebook account. I have never had a...

Someone created a Hotmail address and hacked into my Facebook account. I have never had a...: How do I find what this email address is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-created-a-hotmail-address-and-hacked-into/098c7cc6-e9f9-4d7e-8fd7-22f2fb1e5932
  9. Someone created a Hotmail address and hacked into my Facebook account. I have never had a...

10. my hotmail email address has been hacked - how do I change and update to outlook with new...

my hotmail email address has been hacked - how do I change and update to outlook with new...: My hotmail account has been hacked. How do I upgrade to outlook with increased security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-hotmail-email-address-has-been-hacked-how-do-i/5fab4830-5af9-4ffc-9592-6dbb8c135532