Windows 10: Someone is using my phone number to change my password.

Discus and support Someone is using my phone number to change my password. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Someone has sim swapped my phone number and as that is set as my own phone number, they are using this to change my password. I have tried updating the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shannon Petrie, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Someone is using my phone number to change my password.

Someone has sim swapped my phone number and as that is set as my own phone number, they are using this to change my password. I have tried updating the phone number but they cancel the security info request as soon as I've done it. Please help as I can't phone as I don't have access to a phone right now.

:)

Shannon Petrie, Dec 5, 2023

2. Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

I've finally figured out what happened, but the problem is only temporarily solved.

I had changed my wifi password. And the phone won't connect with the new password. If I change the wifi password back to the old one it connects.

So it's definitely a phone issue.
    I wish I could change my wifi password and have my phone working..

Black Panther, Dec 5, 2023
  3. Gmail password incorrect after changing the sim in phone

Hi patricianorthcote

Have you tried changing the password as suggested? And again trying add the account step by step to phone.

MCCshreyas, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Someone is using my phone number to change my password.

Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

This post states that you did'nt Apply the router config after changing the password.

Possible the router memory is bad or not saving new setting
    Change the password reboot the router , check after in router if new password saved
    If not, reset router to factory default and re setup
    check if setting saved after reboot

If do change router password the network will need to be deleted off phone and connect again (or it trying to connect to old saved wifi password ) or could manually change it on phone and save ( as others have stated )

home network
    Wlan
    Configure

Change password and apply , Make sure "Allow new Devices - set to -new stations are allowed (automatically) "

Using same router myself , Free from ISP not the greatest at all *Wink Someone is using my phone number to change my password. ;)

SnakeDoctor, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Someone is using my phone number to change my password.

1. Someone is using my phone number to change my password. - Similar Threads - Someone using phone

2. My phone number is attached to someone else's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone number is attached to someone else's email: I've always used my email address to log in and create accounts for student computers. Today I used my phone number and it came up with a whole other name. How do i disconnect my phone number from someone else's account?...
  3. Someone is using my phone number to change my password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone is using my phone number to change my password.: Someone has sim swapped my phone number and as that is set as my own phone number, they are using this to change my password. I have tried updating the phone number but they cancel the security info request as soon as I've done it. Please help as I can't phone as I don't have...
  4. Someone is using my phone number to change my password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone is using my phone number to change my password.: Someone has sim swapped my phone number and as that is set as my own phone number, they are using this to change my password. I have tried updating the phone number but they cancel the security info request as soon as I've done it. Please help as I can't phone as I don't have...
  5. My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed: My details for my account got hacked, I have spent a lot of money on Microsoft and have a lot of valuable stuff on that Microsoft account please help....
  6. My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed: My details for my account got hacked, I have spent a lot of money on Microsoft and have a lot of valuable stuff on that Microsoft account please help....
  7. My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed

8. Change my phone number and region

Change my phone number and region: I tried to change my phone number and region but it keeps asking me to submit a code sent to my previous one. Since that didn't work I decided to replace my phone number with my other email and it tells me to wait 30 days. All i wanted to do was change my phone number and my...
  9. change my phone number

in Windows 10 Customization
    change my phone number: change phone number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-phone-number/9396ce1c-1b05-4444-8be9-5377ccc1a22e
  10. Were to change my phone number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Were to change my phone number: Were do I change my phone number so Microsoft can text me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/were-to-change-my-phone-number/de7fc9d6-2364-4182-aa5e-9661dbe2b2c4