Windows 10: someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...

Discus and support someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; ok so i found this laptop in the trash I even messaged the person who it belonged to for the password but no response, so i made a media installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jr McClard, Feb 22, 2024.

1. someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...

ok so i found this laptop in the trash I even messaged the person who it belonged to for the password but no response, so i made a media installation for windows 10 on a flash drive which i had to have help to figure out you could do that. anyway i booted to usb drive and installed windows 10. it worked to my surprise!! i was in the computer and stoked. so the problem is i have none of the preinstalled apps nor anything that had todo with asus rog! id like to be able to have all the apps that would normally come on the asus rog laptop if it was just bought or at least be able to change t

:)

Jr McClard, Feb 22, 2024
  2. slo101 Win User

Windows 11 compatibility question on new installations - Intel Core i7-3840QM ( Asus ROG G6VW

Hi,

Will Microsoft let us install Windows 11 on a notebook with an Intel Core i7-3840QM , 8Gb, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M? I don't think the Intel Core i7-3840QM is listed as compatible even if it is still quite powerful for a notebook even in 2023. The notebook is an ASUS ROG G46VW.

Microsoft provides a registery change for those upgrading to bypass this restriction: Ways to install Windows 11 - Microsoft Support

This will be a fresh install from an ISO image. The disc will get wiped beforehand. Does a complete install from scratch bypass the hardware compatibility list?

Regards,

S.

slo101, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Has anyone successfully installed update 1803? It has trashed my ASUS ROG I7 desktop every time it updates!

For the moment I have recovered my Win 10 system after several hours of BIOS hangs and unsuccessful restarts. Not sure exactly which step(s) allowed it to recover but here is what I did in approximately this order.

1. Disabled or powered off all peripheral hard drives (USB) – I have several.
    2. Boot into BIOS and select SetDefaults (F7 in my American Microtrends); save.
    3. Boot in BIOS and set CSM to AUTO; save.
    4. Place a Windows DVD in the DVD drive. Boot into BIOS and set the DVD drive as Primary boot device; save.
    5. Reboot and start a Win 10 repair, then select Recovery (I have a Recovery partition).
    6. Boot into new Win 10 and turn OFF auto updates to stop 1803 from reloading (Google it).
    Not a fun experience.

Comment: My ASUS ROG desktop is a vanilla unit with no overclocking, no odd-ball devices. It is an Intel I7 @ 3.75 GHz, 16 Gb of RAM, 256 Gb SSD C: drive and other basic and usual stuff and it's been running fine for 4 years. I was running 1703 with only
    minor Windows Update problems (some updates never finish). All was OK until 1803 and then it simply fell apart.

Morden2004, Feb 22, 2024
  4. someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...

Windows 10 Version 1709 restart problem ASUS ROG logo stuck

Hi,

Problem:

Windows 10 Version 1709 restart problem ASUS ROG logo stuck

What I did:

Install Windows 10 Version 1709 through Windows 10 Update Assistant

Steps:

1. Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to Install Windows 10 Version 1709

2. Download complete successfully

3.Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to RESTART to complete Installation

4. I RESTART

5. The Laptop Boot

6. Got stuck on the ASUS ROG logo

7. Stay there for 8hs

8. Never get to start WINDOWS

9. I did a hard RESET

10. The Laptop start Restoring to a Previews Windows Version.

11. Windows starts NORMALLY

12. Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to RESTART

13. Back to step 1.

Specs:

Any Solution?

AlvaroGonzalez2, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...

1. someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have... - Similar Threads - someone please help

2. someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...: ok so i found this laptop in the trash I even messaged the person who it belonged to for the password but no response, so i made a media installation for windows 10 on a flash drive which i had to have help to figure out you could do that. anyway i booted to usb drive and...
  3. someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...: ok so i found this laptop in the trash I even messaged the person who it belonged to for the password but no response, so i made a media installation for windows 10 on a flash drive which i had to have help to figure out you could do that. anyway i booted to usb drive and...
  4. Need help bypassing this republic of gamers Asus laptop i found in the trash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help bypassing this republic of gamers Asus laptop i found in the trash.: ok so i was walking down this ally the other day and i saw a dumpster with all this cool stuff so of course i had togo look and see what was in there lol anyways i found this laptop and figured it didnt work but itook it anyway. iget home put charger on it and it works! i try...
  5. Need help bypassing this republic of gamers Asus laptop i found in the trash.

Need help bypassing this republic of gamers Asus laptop i found in the trash.: ok so i was walking down this ally the other day and i saw a dumpster with all this cool stuff so of course i had togo look and see what was in there lol anyways i found this laptop and figured it didnt work but itook it anyway. iget home put charger on it and it works! i try...
  6. Need help bypassing this republic of gamers Asus laptop i found in the trash.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows 11 Asus ROG laptop crashes occasionally after being put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Asus ROG laptop crashes occasionally after being put to sleep: My laptop an Asus ROG Flow X16 has recently started crashing occasionally after putting it to sleep. I have a dump file on OneDrive:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap-LYDiiQ-bDnzxhL86wmR28qcU9?e=bEdr1yI did some quick debugging and found that maybe it has something to do with my Xbox...
  8. Windows 11 Asus ROG laptop crashes occasionally after being put to sleep

Windows 11 Asus ROG laptop crashes occasionally after being put to sleep: My laptop an Asus ROG Flow X16 has recently started crashing occasionally after putting it to sleep. I have a dump file on OneDrive:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap-LYDiiQ-bDnzxhL86wmR28qcU9?e=bEdr1yI did some quick debugging and found that maybe it has something to do with my Xbox...
  9. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT: Hello, I desperately need help as I am a student and I really need my laptop for online class. My laptop won't boot yesterday and was just stuck on the automatic repair screen. After waiting on "repairing disk files," it told me that it is unable to repair my laptop and...
  10. Help with my Asus ROG laptop please!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with my Asus ROG laptop please!: After a routine update my laptop keyboard stopped working! I checked with device manager and everything checks out except for a device called number pad don’t really know what that is. Im not very fluent with computer terms either so please be patient! This laptop was a gift...