Windows 10: Something called TiWorker.exe keeps changing my power plan

Discus and support Something called TiWorker.exe keeps changing my power plan in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, several times now I have found my power plan changing by itself. I have defined a custom power plan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Eksy61, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Eksy61 Win User

Something called TiWorker.exe keeps changing my power plan

Since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, several times now I have found my power plan changing by itself.

I have defined a custom power plan that puts my computer to sleep after 45 minutes. But several times, I have found my power plan changed to put my computer to sleep after only 5 minutes!

I have now checked the Event Viewer and discovered that in the source UserModePowerService, something called TiWorker.exe has "reset the policy scheme." Here's just one of many:

Process C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.424_none_767fbf7a263fc7d3\TiWorker.exe (process ID:2676) reset policy scheme from {973f78ed-8b25-49b1-8e38-e2364a5f2784} to {973f78ed-8b25-49b1-8e38-e2364a5f2784}

I assume that TiWorker.exe is a Microsoft thing. Any idea what could be going on here?

:)

Eksy61, Jun 18, 2016

2. Power Plan keeps changing on Windows Update

I have tried the same thing. I am running a desktop and the same thing keeps happening with my Power Plan. The power plan changes itself to a "default" or something. I ran the sfc scan, and there were no integrity problems. What else may I try Antoneth
    Ber? Sincerely Derek Allen

DerekAllen1, Jun 18, 2016
  3. When will I get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

I noticed intense activity in TiWorker.exe before getting offered the Anniversary Update. If you don't see TiWorker.exe at any particular point it doesn't mean it can't run, it just means it isn't running then. And I assume a lack of TiWorker.exe means
    you are not about to get offered the update in the next hour. But Tiworker.exe may be more likely to run at a time you are not doing anything on your computer, so give your computer some undisturbed time plugged in and on before concluding the update isn't
    going to happen soon.

Mickey Segal, Jun 18, 2016
Thema:

Something called TiWorker.exe keeps changing my power plan

1. Something called TiWorker.exe keeps changing my power plan - Similar Threads - Something called TiWorker

2. Power options plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  3. Power options plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  4. Power plan keeps changing to "Balanced"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power plan keeps changing to "Balanced": I have a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on a TR3970x workstation fully patched. I install the Radeon drivers for the 6900XT card. I change the power plan to High Performance. After a while it changes back to "Balanced". No other software installed. Things I have tried:1....
  5. Power plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power plan keeps changing: So this has been happening for a couple of weeks now, but it was tolerable. I was just playing Hades (with the best build I ever had, right before the boss I could never beat) and Windows decided that the "Balanced" power plan would replaced my "High Performance" plan that I...
  6. Power Plan keeps changing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Power Plan keeps changing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]One of the issues that many Windows 10 users are reporting is that their […] This article Power Plan keeps changing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows keeps changing my power plan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps changing my power plan: I built my desktop. For some reason when I select a power plan, it sticks with that plan then it switches to power saver. I've looked this up and it's really only happened to people with a laptop. How do I fix this?...
  8. Windows keeps changing my power plan

Windows keeps changing my power plan: the power options i have: power saver, balanced, high performance, ultimate performance, ryzen balanced and ryzen high performance. Currently using ryzen balanced. After i reboot the pc it auto switches to windows power saver. Why is that happening? i did find a fix online,...
  9. Power Plan Keeps Changing back to Balanced...

Power Plan Keeps Changing back to Balanced...: Fresh install of windows right before the 1909 update came out it was doing it. And still doing it afterwards. Change it to High performance and then randomly the next day its back to balanced. I notice it as my computer will go to sleep when idle and I check and sure enough...
  10. Something Keeps Changing My Power Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Something Keeps Changing My Power Setting: I have 4 Windows 10 machines at home, and one of them is showing the infamous "going to sleep" problem. That PC goes into sleep after about 15 seconds of inactivity. -If I reset the power setting and create a new power setting (e.g., sleep after 2 hours), the PC works...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows temp powerplan.log