Windows 10: Something Changed After Windows 10 Auto Update

Discus and support Something Changed After Windows 10 Auto Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 10 64bit Home Premium. The browser is Firefox 57.0.4. Recently, there was an auto update of Windows 10 and after the update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomKunzo, Jan 21, 2018.

1. TomKunzo Win User

Something Changed After Windows 10 Auto Update

Hi,
    I am using Windows 10 64bit Home Premium.
    The browser is Firefox 57.0.4.
    Recently, there was an auto update of Windows 10 and after the update, I noticed something is different.
    Previously, when I saved files to my computer's desktop, I can go back to the saved files and click on the individual items, they will be displayed as normal.
    But now, when I do so, nothing happens!
    Please let me know what's the problem and how I can overcome it.
    Thank you.
    Regards,

:)

TomKunzo, Jan 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 upgrade from 7 first got a black screen then I'm in an infinite loop.

After getting the black screen on upgrade from windows 7 to 10 (system went to auto upgrade something then black). Then entered infinite reboot loop, auto repair sequence. Changed BIOS to hard drive as no improvement.

Can you help, makes me wonder why I upgraded

MichaelEleff, Jan 21, 2018
  3. I also have had this auto startup since the big win 10 update. They changed something. Bug probably.

I also have had this auto startup since the big win 10 update. They changed something. Bug probably.

merlevanosdol, Jan 21, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

It's not happening here but can you right click on them ? Did you look in Users/Desktop folder ?

CountMike, Jan 21, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    It's just called 'Home', Windows 7 did have a 'Home Premium' but the free upgrade for that gave you Windows 10 Home.

What was this 'recent update'? This should be shown in your Update History.

What version of Windows 10 do you have, run Winver to find out. The latest x64 version is 1709, os build 16299.192.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Something Changed After Windows 10 Auto Update - Similar Threads - Something Changed Auto

2. Windows 10 Auto Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Auto Update: My Win 10 Pro PC updated itself and restarted a couple of days ago. I had goodness knows how many apps/files open, I have a court case in 3 weeks and just cannot risk losing data. I have searched for this issue and found some astonishing answers. One that is repeated several...
  3. Windows 10 Auto Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Auto Update: The Windows 10 Auto update on my HP Desktop will not install past 91%. It has run for 3 hours and will not complete the install. Any suggestions to correct this issue?...
  4. Windows not booting after changing something in msconfig.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not booting after changing something in msconfig.: Hi I went into my msconfig to change the cores for my cpu and memory now I keep getting a blue screen and windows whe. I try to boot won't I have already tried some advanced options and made a windows restore so far nothing work can someone help me please and thankyou....
  5. Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig.: Hi I went into my msconfig to change the cores for my cpu and memory It didn't save last time now I keep getting a blue screen and windows won't properly boot I have already tried some advanced options and made a system restore but not working. submitted by /u/nebzi_...
  6. Boot falure after Windows 10 Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot falure after Windows 10 Auto Updates: Last month after an auto update my computer failed to reboot. Since then I have to restart it three 3 times to get to the Windows WinRE then select troubleshoot to reset the computer and reboot it. Once shut off I again get a blank screen that lasts forever requiring me to go...
  7. After Auto Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Auto Update: I installed the 1803 and rebooted. User name and password box is shown but no "switch to PIN" "Reset password" and it is stuck in airplane mode. Essentially a brick at this point. I really hate to do a reinstall as I have no idea where my Office software is :( Any help?...
  8. Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates: I have a Lenovo G500 that is now dead after auto installing Windows 10 updates. Webcam power and Battery light comes once but nothing else. Please advise. I have deadlines that I now will probably miss now. Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update,...
  9. Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates: I have a Lenovo G500 that is now dead after auto installing Windows 10 updates. Webcam power and Battery light comes once but nothing else. Please advise. I have deadlines that I now will probably miss now....
  10. Change Deadline before Auto-restart for Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Deadline before Auto-restart for Update in Windows 10: How to: Change Deadline before Auto-restart for Update in Windows 10 How to Change Deadline before Auto-restart for Update in Windows 10 Microsoft has made it easier for Windows Update to keep Windows 10 updated by automatically downloading and installing the latest...