Windows 10: Something flashing up on start up

Discus and support Something flashing up on start up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I find out what's making this white box appear on my desktop on boot? It only appears for a split second, had to film it and pause the video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mkr10001, Mar 21, 2018.

1. mkr10001 Win User

Something flashing up on start up

How can I find out what's making this white box appear on my desktop on boot? It only appears for a split second, had to film it and pause the video when it came up. I don't see any text, just the white square.

Something flashing up on start up [​IMG]

:)

mkr10001, Mar 21, 2018

2. Start-up Screen Flashing

When I wake my computer, I do not see the windows start screen. I see a flashing screen and a Iittle flashing square for the mouse. I have to either make my computer sleep and restart several times (up to 30 times) or restart my computer. I have Windows
    10 on an Inspiron 13 7000 Series Dell laptop.

Moved from:
    Windows
    /Windows 10 /Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

Mr Truthsword, Mar 21, 2018
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 21, 2018
  4. sml156 Win User

There are a couple of way's you might be able to find what's causing this.

Look for programs that start during or after the boot process:

Open Task Manager -- Type " Task Manager " in Cortana an it should be the first on the list.

Click on the " Startup " Tab and disable something you think may be causing it

If you are running CCleaner.

Go to " Tools > Startup "

I have never seen this before, If you find the cause I would be interested in what it is.

sml156, Mar 22, 2018
  5. RickC Win User
    As a starting point, perhaps use MS' TechNet/Sysinternals's AutoRuns?

The default Everything tab should show everything triggered for all profiles.

If you're unsure, you can use File > Save to save and post a .ARN file for others to check.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Mar 22, 2018
  6. mkr10001 Win User
    I couldn't see anything in any of those places that stood out but I have uninstalled malwaresbytes and it seems to have stopped doing it now. I guess that was it. Wasn't set to run on start up which was odd though.

mkr10001, Mar 25, 2018
  7. Samuria Win User
    Often these things are set to run on a shedule task check there as well

Samuria, Mar 26, 2018
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Possible it was Malwarebytes trying to quarantine an item on startup, and the item is no longer there. A quick flash of an empty Console window. If you put Malwarebytes back on, check to see if there is anything in the Quarantine section pending. Just a hunch, since you say it stopped when you uninstalled it. Of course if you put Malwarebytes back on, the Quarantine may be empty.

f14tomcat, Mar 26, 2018
  9. Steve C Win User
    OneDrive updates often display a command prompt box on boot.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Something flashing up on start up - Similar Threads - Something flashing start

2. Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up: Getting Flashing Blue Screen for a lessthan asecond on start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-flashing-blue-screen-on-start-up/5676140b-c753-416f-815d-160c63daccb2
  3. Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up: Getting Flashing Blue Screen for a lessthan asecond on start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-flashing-blue-screen-on-start-up/5676140b-c753-416f-815d-160c63daccb2
  4. Flashing Black Screen after Start Up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Flashing Black Screen after Start Up: For the past few weeks, I've encountered this issue pretty much every time I log in. Everything works normally until the desktop starts loading, then both screens start flashing black and the taskbar appears and disappears. I can access the Task Manager via the shortcut or...
  5. Desktop opening page flashes at start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop opening page flashes at start-up: What could be the matter with my laptop? When I try to start it, it flashes off and on. I cannot get it to respond to anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-opening-page-flashes-at-start-up/a27a3df2-3df8-4552-b93f-738659e623f1
  6. pop up or something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pop up or something: C:\ProgramData\SystemConfig000\node.exe I need this removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-or-something/449ac994-7b3e-41d1-bc03-1158c314928b"
  7. Something is up with Youtube (Messed up Layout)

in Browsers and Email
    Something is up with Youtube (Messed up Layout): I was watching some videos on youtube, catching up on my watch later playlist, then when I got done, I planned on looking up some car maintenance vids. Then out of nowhere, youtube's layout went screwy. I use google chrome (stable, version 68.0.3440.106), and I use the...
  8. Is Something up with OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Something up with OneDrive?: Continuously getting OneDrive has stopped working. Has something changed today? Only thing I have seen is about dozen Office 2016 updates. After updates OneDrive started but then stopped and tried to restart and failed. Currently it is not syncing anything. There is no icon...
  9. Continuously flashing start up page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuously flashing start up page: After signing in on W10 sign in page, start up screen comes up but just keeps flashing, no icons on bottom task bar, curser has revolving blue circle, left click and right click has no effect. The only thing I can do is "control/alt/del to bring up the task manager. Tried...
  10. Screen flashes at start up menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen flashes at start up menu: After installing Windows 10 my laptop screen is flashing during thw start up menu. Some of the icons are loaded, others are not. The screen flashes constantly. I have not attempted to go into safe mode yet. My laptop met all the requirements for an upgrage so I am frustrated...