Windows 10: Something foiling my ISO download

Discus and support Something foiling my ISO download in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Slow connection trying to download ISO overnight. I'm trying to figure out what's foiling my ISO download using Firefox Down Them All. I set Sleep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gregrocker, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Something foiling my ISO download

Slow connection trying to download ISO overnight.

I'm trying to figure out what's foiling my ISO download using Firefox Down Them All. I set Sleep, HD, Hibernate and Display timeouts to Never in Power Options. I disabled the Lock Screen and Password, which also disabled Inactivity Timeout in Group Policy.

So I only turn off my monitor, yet when I come back something has stopped the download. It won't resume, just starts over.

Any ideas?

Also, is turning the monitor off the same as setting Display to Never or is there some display energy being expended anyway on a laptop? And would display timing out affect a download?

Thanks.

:)

gregrocker, Oct 27, 2014

2. Lumia 920 desktop application and data transfer from E71

I commend common sense and professionalism you have developed after abusing the tittle of "professor" , lol, but at least you developed something in your personality. Better than foil hat at least. I know you weren't being biased towards foil hats, you
    were bound to market your family product on Nokia's website. Good luck with your sales job though. : )

Keep smiling without steaming Something foiling my ISO download :) ...

My last day with Nokia and last minute at Nokia discussion forums....

tuberoses---01, Oct 27, 2014
  3. padrinoX Win User
    C6-01 after PR 1.1 touchscreen sensibility decreased - very annoying!

Hi,

I have a theorie. Could it be the foil that comes attached to the C6-01?

Those with porblems, do you have it still attached? I have mine still on, as it covers my needs. Need not to by a new one (for now).

In the pics above I see it on the left mobile, is that the one with the touch problems?

Even if the foil would be the problem, I think, Nokia should take care of this and increase power-flow for the LCD so that such thin foils don't insulate too much...

CU,

Mario

padrinoX, Oct 27, 2014
  4. Something foiling my ISO download

What does "powercfg" report?

lehnerus2000, Oct 27, 2014
  5. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Oct 27, 2014
  6. badrobot Win User
    How are you connected? Wired? Or wireless?

badrobot, Oct 27, 2014
  7. It didn't seem to be interrupted and appears to have finished. Is 9860 x64 ISO correct size 3.70gb?

gregrocker, Oct 27, 2014
  8. Something foiling my ISO download

There is no official 9680 ISO by the way. What is listed on MSDN is the older build, the pre upgrade build. I'm guessing you didn't download this ISO from Microsoft? Or it isn't the 9680 build.

alphanumeric, Oct 27, 2014
  9. badrobot Win User
    Yeah. It's the same file size as the ISO I created:

Something foiling my ISO download [​IMG]

badrobot, Oct 27, 2014
  10. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Oct 27, 2014
  11. badrobot Win User
    badrobot, Oct 27, 2014
  12. AddRAM Win User
    I`m not talking about 9860.

Did you click the link I posted ?

AddRAM, Oct 27, 2014
  13. badrobot Win User

Something foiling my ISO download

I know. I am just saying. We've all been to that site to get the TP.

How was your installation? Did you clean install or just upgraded?

badrobot, Oct 27, 2014
  14. badrobot Win User
    Yeah, me too. I gave up on finding fixes for all the problems and it's really kind of slow after the update. Clean install solved everything.

badrobot, Oct 27, 2014
  15. Ok, then I'm good. Thanks, all. Extracting to flash stick to do Clean Install.

The only thing done differently to finally complete it is that I set Display to Never in Power Options. What I can't understand is why that would be any different than turning off the monitor. Sleep, Hibernate and HD were already set to Never for the Download. Inactivity timeout was disabled along with the Lock and Password screens.

gregrocker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Something foiling my ISO download

1. Something foiling my ISO download - Similar Threads - Something foiling ISO

2. iso file download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iso file download: hi! i have been stuck on bsod and i’m pretty sure the only available option is for me to download the iso file for windows. is there any possible way i could download it on my phone or ipad because i don’t have any other computers i could borrow or anything?...
  3. iso download

iso download: Where can I download the Windows 10 Insider Preview 21390.2025 ISO? I already have 21390.1 but the login brings me to a black screen. It only shows the Language Bar on top; nothing else. Can not start the Task Manager either. So I am thinking to upgrade it to 21390.2025 to...
  4. ISO Image_Health.cmd Download

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ISO Image_Health.cmd Download: I am in need of that handy Image_Health cmdlet to work on a computer, but I can't seem to find a working download link anywhere. Would anyone be so kind to provide me with one? 170544
  5. Download ISO

Download ISO: Hi Everyone, I'm searching for a MS URL link to download, a MS Win10E x32 file. Let me know if you can find such a downloadable ISO file? Thanks, Harold https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-iso/cdd91cbd-7c3e-4d6d-bb4d-7b8cbd812a64
  6. Download .ISO

Download .ISO: I need to download an .ISO of a full install of Windows 10 Professional 64-bit EN with a version number of 1909 AND a build number of 18363.388 or newer. I have to do a repair install of Windows 10 Pro x64 EN with the option of keeping all my files and installed programs. I...
  7. ISO download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISO download: Hi. i was download windows 7 home and the default said that it was to internet explorer instead of the iso burner. How can i change that in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iso-download/6be8e431-bb34-4978-a37d-37a7d0489f2e
  8. ISO Download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ISO Download: Heres my question, i have a laptop with Windows 10 already installed and i plan on building my own PC. Can someone explain if i can use that laptop or an iso file to get windows on my new pc, if it will be a full version, if it will ever expire, and what i need to do so?...
  9. ISO download

ISO download: Hi, I just downloaded the ISO bootable Windows 10 as per your instructions on a USB memory stick. I did not get any further windows instructions for burning it or anything. Do I have to transfer the ISO file to the document file on my computer first? Thanks. Adriaan...
  10. Can't download iso

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't download iso: I'm going to inst/rep my windows 10 insider preview. Trying to download from: Download Windows 10 Insider Preview Advanced Signed in with my MS account. Download gets to varying points and stops with: Windows 10 Insider Preview couldn't be downloaded. No reason. Tried it on a...