Windows 10: "Something Happened" error after downloading

Discus and support "Something Happened" error after downloading in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was downloading Windows 10 32-bit using the Media Creation Tool to my 16 GB pendrive which is empty. Right when it reached 100% it displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arach, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Arach Win User

"Something Happened" error after downloading

I was downloading Windows 10 32-bit using the Media Creation Tool to my 16 GB pendrive which is empty. Right when it reached 100% it displayed "Something Happened". I found the temp file which I believe it downloaded, its called BIT52D1. Is there any way to salvage this file because I do not want to sit through a download again. I have HORRIBLE internet.

:)

Arach, Dec 25, 2015
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Dec 25, 2015
  3. farby Win User
    my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Dec 25, 2015
  4. CmmTch Win User

CmmTch, Dec 25, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    Years ago when I was on dial-up I used a download manager so if I needed to restart a download it would start where I left off and not at the beginning. It's something you may want to consider for large downloads.

Winuser, Dec 25, 2015
  6. CmmTch Win User
    Arach, a more complete instruction courtesy davidhk with links, from this thread https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...upgrading.html

This method worked great for me when the windows update continued to fail. The downside for you is another big download.

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Something Happened" error after downloading - Similar Threads - Something Happened error

2. Something happened and pin is unavailable error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and pin is unavailable error: Today I rebooted my pc because my apps were unresponsive and when I went to login ot said something happened and pin is unavailable. When I try to set up a pin it asks me to download an app and then does nothing. I’ve tried booting into safe mode and that didn’t work either....
  3. Something happened and pin is unavailable error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and pin is unavailable error: Today I rebooted my pc because my apps were unresponsive and when I went to login ot said something happened and pin is unavailable. When I try to set up a pin it asks me to download an app and then does nothing. I’ve tried booting into safe mode and that didn’t work either....
  4. Something happened and pin is unavailable error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fix Something Happened Windows Setup error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Something Happened Windows Setup error: [ATTACH]If when you try using the Media Creation Tool to upgrade to Windows 11 or to the latest version/build of Windows 10, and you encounter the Something Happened Windows Setup error, then this post is intended to help you. In this post, we will provide the most suitable...
  6. Something weird happened after Win update

in Windows 10 Support
    Something weird happened after Win update: I check my Win version from time to time. I did the may update I believe from Blink's Tutorial, then my version was, Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 build 19043.928 Yesterday there was an update, I know from the look of my desktop. I hide all my icons and I have password manager...
  7. Windows Store download - "Something unexpected happened" - 0x87E00005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store download - "Something unexpected happened" - 0x87E00005: I am trying to download Halo from the Windows Store, and I keep getting error "Something unexpected happened" - 0x87E00005. I have seen loads of very different suggested solutions for this, which is kind of worrying. I am running on a pretty new PC with W10. Any ideas on a...
  8. Downloading apps from apps tore error "Something unexpected has happened"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading apps from apps tore error "Something unexpected has happened": I cannot download apps from the app store. First it says "downloading" then it stops and says "Something unexpected has happened" And won't proceed any further. This happened about two Windows Updates ago. And about the same time, all of my photo viewing apps stopped working....
  9. Next Issue after Something Happened!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Next Issue after Something Happened!: Hello, In a previous thread I had become stuck with a Something Happened error during a 64 Bit Media Creation Tool effort to produce an ISO to burn to DVD for future use. I had tried the wuauclt.exe fix with no apparent difference. While waiting I did that fix again and the...
  10. Something Happened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something Happened: I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but I keep getting the Message "Something Happened" Windows is trying to determine if your PC can run Windows 10. I have removed my Virus program (MBAM) and cleaned out my Windows.old directories and made sure that Win 7 was...