Windows 10: Something Happened to me

Discus and support Something Happened to me in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, With the help of members of this forum I have gotten to the MediaCreation Tool 64 bit and a Windows 10 Pro without the N. I intend to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by glennc, Aug 1, 2015.

1. glennc Win User

Something Happened to me

Hello,
    With the help of members of this forum I have gotten to the MediaCreation Tool 64 bit and a Windows 10 Pro without the N. I intend to download an ISO to burn to a DVD for later installation. Unfortunately when it is run it goes to a "Something Happened" message and only lets me close.
    Can anyone advise my next step?

:)

glennc, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 Mobile & MirrorLink

While this is nice and neat, it is sadly Continuum, not Mirrorlink" it won't work if I pick "Android auto" on my car. If my had an HDMI or DisplayPort port, I would use my Continuum dock.

Something Happened, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Mobile & MirrorLink

I agree. And all they need to do is output Continuum on the car. I think we can all manage as a starting point.

I mean I don't think anyone would do anything beside start the Map app and Groove Music or some other music app. I mean, I highly doubt someone will type a Word document while driving. And then, when their custom special GUI things is ready, assuming they
    are interested in this, then yea, change the system. But it looks like Microsoft doesn't see any benefits of car integration, which is a shame.. as this is the future, and can be the first step for Microsoft to actually be a car OS. Now, Android is taking
    over the car space. Heck, Honda cars with the infotainment console already runs on Android.. and that was since many years. I am sure that they are other car manufacture doing the same. It is sad to see such great company filled with exceptional talent being
    blind by the obvious movement of the market.

I truly hope that I am wrong and that Microsoft is indeed working on something. Else, Windows might only be living in a world of PCs which is dying, as you can bet that Google will be having a Continuum competitor, and the future is mobile device that you
    can take anywhere. And as for cars, I expect to see Google having wireless sync with the connected phone where you go in your car, and you have your pined maps in sync with the car instantly, and have your currently playing music also in sync and playing,
    all apps of the driver available, all by keeping the phone in the driver pocket, and not have a separate experience. In other words, an evolution of Bluetooth integration.

Something Happened, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Total Win User

Something Happened to me

I have the same issue , have not found a solution yet ..

Total, Aug 1, 2015
  5. snafufux Win User
    Check your Windows Update and check if your have the latest update installed. Restart and try again using the MediaCreation tool.

snafufux, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Total Win User
    Done that with the same error ..

Total, Aug 1, 2015
  7. glennc Win User
    Hello snafufux,
    Windows Update shows none available. Previous to the 29th it showed the Window 10 coming soon. Still no luck, but thanks! Checking the last updates show Windows 10 Pro Updates "Important", have failed since the 29th. 10 times...

glennc, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Something Happened to me

Try downloading it in a clean boot environment . Had this issue on my laptop and going into a clean boot allowed me to download and create the installation media with the media creation tool. This link can give you some info as to what I a referring to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135 hope this helps.

Hellishdream, Aug 1, 2015
  9. glennc Win User
    Hello Hellishdream,
    As it happens, I tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution\Download folder clear and wuauclt.exe fix and the Windows Update window suddenly popped open showing it starting to download Windows 10. This was the second time I tried this solution.
    Now it is downloaded and asking to upgrade or schedule a time. I do not wish to do either.
    Thanks for your time and information.

glennc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Something Happened to me

1. Something Happened to me - Similar Threads - Something Happened

2. I can't get into my laptop it says something happened and your PIN is not available. Click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get into my laptop it says something happened and your PIN is not available. Click...: I cant reset the PIN. When I click yes to reset it says you need to install an app. Because I'm not logged in I can't get to the app store. My laptop is in S mode and I would like to keep it that way if possible....
  3. I can't get into my laptop it says something happened and your PIN is not available. Click...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get into my laptop it says something happened and your PIN is not available. Click...: I cant reset the PIN. When I click yes to reset it says you need to install an app. Because I'm not logged in I can't get to the app store. My laptop is in S mode and I would like to keep it that way if possible....
  4. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”: I’ve tried to troubleshoot with shift-reset and do it from there but i don't have advanced options available so i can’t do it. I also tried hard shut down on my pc 3 times to see if i can open a command prompt there, but it also didn't work. Not sure what to do anymore....
  5. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”: I’ve tried to troubleshoot with shift-reset and do it from there but i don't have advanced options available so i can’t do it. I also tried hard shut down on my pc 3 times to see if i can open a command prompt there, but it also didn't work. Not sure what to do anymore....
  6. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

7. Microsoft Store "Try again later, something happened on our end"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store "Try again later, something happened on our end": Hi! I've been trying to download Roblox app when the error appeared "try again later something happened on our end" I have looked at all the other threads and none of the commands or suggestions have worked. It is also definitely not the app problem as my store will not...
  8. Microsoft Store "Try again later, something happened on our end"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store "Try again later, something happened on our end": Hi! I've been trying to download Roblox app when the error appeared "try again later something happened on our end" I have looked at all the other threads and none of the commands or suggestions have worked. It is also definitely not the app problem as my store will not...
  9. Microsoft Store "Try again later, something happened on our end"

10. Microsoft Store "Try again later, something happened on our end"