Windows 10: Something Happened Windows 10 installation failed (Grey box)

Discus and support Something Happened Windows 10 installation failed (Grey box) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok so I've tried every fix I can find/think of and Windows 10 still will not download on my husbands laptop, mine however upgrade perfectly on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trishcpht, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Trishcpht Win User

Something Happened Windows 10 installation failed (Grey box)

Ok so I've tried every fix I can find/think of and Windows 10 still will not download on my husbands laptop, mine however upgrade perfectly on the first try.
    He has Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack1
    Processor is AMD E-350 Processor 1.60 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.60 GB usable)
    System type: 64-bit Operating System
    And it shows Windows is activated
    computer is Lenovo b575

The Windows 10 app to do the registration for Windows 10 never came up on his computer, KB2952664 update will install but then it is shown to not be on the computer even though I can see it. When I try to do the update with 54% of the memory available at the point of install, it goes through everything all the way to what was the last screen on my update where it shows, Windows 10 installing, Your computer may reboot several times, Your computer will reboot in a moment, please wait, it sets on that screen for an hour + and then goes back to the Windows 7 desktop with the grey box showing Something happened in the top part and Windows 10 installation failed in the inside.
    I can't figure out what is going wrong with this update but it's driving me nuts and I don't like to not be able to figure something out.
    Any advice?? Ideas???

:)

Trishcpht, Aug 4, 2015
  2. JascuAlex Win User

Windows 10 hardware requirements

Thank you, I will upgrade ASAP.

But there is a problem about installing Windows 10.

When it reaches 18% on the purple upgrading to windows 10 screen, a grey popup box appears which says:

Title: "Something Happened"

Text: "Windows 10 installation has failed."

Why is this happening?

JascuAlex, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Something Happened Windows 10 installation failed!

Your're welcome.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Something Happened Windows 10 installation failed (Grey box)

1. Something Happened Windows 10 installation failed (Grey box) - Similar Threads - Something Happened installation

2. Grey box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  3. Grey box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  4. Strange grey box on windows 10 dekstop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange grey box on windows 10 dekstop.: [ATTACH] So recently I have noticed a gray rectangle on my desktop. This will go away after restarting my pc but will come back when my computer goes to sleep. I also noticed that when i change backgrounds it blinks and loses opacity then comes back. When it appears there...
  5. Grey text box in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Grey text box in windows 10: This seems to be an old problem but since two days it appears to me: Every time I do anything with text in Microsoft office I get a large rectangular box pop up, it is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. What is the purpose of this box and how can I avoid it? I use microsoft office 2019...
  6. Grey box in settings | Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey box in settings | Windows 10: I'm trying to change my account password but when I click 'change', a grey window pops up for about 20 seconds then closes. This also happens when using Cortana. Does anyone know how to resolve this? [img] 43416
  7. Win Upgrade - "Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win Upgrade - "Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed": Good morning, I have a Dell Inspiron 32 bit machine that I am trying to upgrade (one of about 10) from Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit to Windows 10 Enterprise 32 bit. All of the Windows Updates have been installed and every time I try to upgrade to Windows 10 I get the...
  8. Solved: "Something Happened" Installation Failed" Error 80070005

Solved: "Something Happened" Installation Failed" Error 80070005: I know there are a handful of threads with the above error message and code, but I have yet to see a thread with what was my reason for the error code. I wanted to pass on what I discovered and how I fixed it. I started with a standard Windows 7 Pro install joined to a...
  9. Something happened: Windows 10 installation has failed

Something happened: Windows 10 installation has failed: Hello everybody, I'm having issues upgrading to Windows 10 on my Windows 7 PC. I've tried to install it using countless methods - triggering the upgrade via console command, burning an ISO to USB, editing the registry, but on all but one occasion I got the error message...
  10. Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed error.

Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed error.: About 24 percent into the Windows 10 upgrade installation from Windows 8.1, using the Windows Media Creation Tool, I get the error "Windows 10 installation has failed" error. I searched around, and found a similar post. The popup looks the same. But, I have a lot more free...