Windows 10: Something has gone terrible wrong with my laptop Im just stuck?

Discus and support Something has gone terrible wrong with my laptop Im just stuck? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All First a bit about the laptop. I have this Acer V5-571 and right from day one its been a pain its been back 4 times and slow for a i5 Its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oshb5ems, Mar 29, 2018.

1. oshb5ems Win User

Something has gone terrible wrong with my laptop Im just stuck?

Hi All First a bit about the laptop. I have this Acer V5-571 and right from day one its been a pain its been back 4 times and slow for a i5 Its likewatching paint dry. I mean it takes over 5 hours to do a backdate.. So I try not to do anything that I have to do a backdate so I am carfull in what I do with it.. Its getting on its last legs now It is litererly dropping apart.. But that what I have come to accecpt..Its been one of those pigs in a poke that we all get once in our lifetime may it be computer, car , House or whatever But its always going wrong no matter what you do to it But I dont think the problem belowe is of my making???

Right My problem started today First of all I lost all the apps files and programms off the Desktop. Also the Windows screen that comes up is usually a quater of the screen in the laft hand bottom corner Now its a full screen. Also any of the web pages or any of the programmes I run are all full screen I cannot resize them at all no matter what I press. Also when I try to do a right click on the blank desktop nothing happens at all. I seam to have lost all sorts of actions that I used to have up until a few hours ago.. Now I would not call me computer iliterate by any means but this has stumpped me.. So much so that my other computers I run on the network from this laptop via VNC I have decided not to even log on to them ibcase it is a virus.. I have software on my desktop to check for the like but I cannot even find then as yet .Its just a mess and Im pulling my hair out . Well what little I have left. So please if anyone has any ideas Im all ears and willing to try anything .
    Thank you in antissipation..

All the best OS

:)

oshb5ems, Mar 29, 2018
  2. paul865 Win User

Windows phone app for computer

I've tried downloading the windows phone app for the computer but I keep getting a message tha says, " Something has gone terrible wrong, so this app needs to close." Help please

paul865, Mar 29, 2018
  3. blitzkid Win User
    something has gone wrong

If you're having troubles with Anna packages 1 and 2, try following this thread...

discussions.nokia-asia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Anna-package-1-2-amp-2-2-error/m-p/1115901

blitzkid, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Well if its been back 4 times I would just ask for my money back and get something else. I probably would have done that after the 2nd Return

Clintlgm, Mar 30, 2018
  5. skcusime Win User
    Sounds like you may have accidentally turned on Tablet mode. Open Notifications (bottom right hand corner) and check Tablet mode. It may restore your desktop to what it was. It won't fix all your other issues though.

skcusime, Mar 30, 2018
  6. jippee1 Win User
    You're in tablet mode it's the worst excuse for a touch screen interface. Just hit the bottom right button action center then click desktop mode and you should be sorted

jippee1, Mar 30, 2018
  7. oshb5ems Win User
    Well skcusime I take my hat off to you Iv been like the above for around 5 hours and after reading your message iv done what you said and its now back to its old crappy self.. You may think why did he not find that out himself. I did find a few links suggesting this action But I tried it through the settings tab and on in there the Tablet mode was not on. And it was only not till I read yours saying bottom right Dohhhh.

As for the other reply saying I should have taken it back. Well It was bought from Amazon Warehouse and I should have not even gotten support after 3 months but managed to keep moaning at them saying they had not fixed the original problem when they first had it so ended up getting 14 months support and service out of Acer But like I said iv had it now for 4 years and even back when new it was slow The day I had it I messed up installing window and a couple of my first programs so rather than delete and get rid and reload I decided to wipe it and start again That whole episode took 23 hours I ought to have thought then there was something wrong LOL Anyway since then and in the first year the DVD drive failed the screen failed once then it failed again and the 4th time it went back was because it was all dropping to bits the key board was coming away from the bottom. And since then iv been forever replacing screws in the base Some have broke some have split the plastic in the case. And the fan to cool the processor has never stopped since it last came back from service. It starts more or less as soon as the laptop starts up and right till it switches off or ing Its that bad on one side that its now held together with cameo duck tape. with cut outs for power and usb slots.. Also since the last time it was in the shop the fan is on constantly from when the laptop is switched on right till its off or goes into sleep mode. I think when they did it last time they disturbed the heat sink or something because the part I can feel is red hot and the fan is always blowing hot air and its a I5 so some of the crap I do it should not even break sweat should it.. But its like its running on a old Pentium 1 or something LOL.. When I finally get my new laptop im going to rip this one apart to see if they messed the heat

Thanks again and sorry for going on somewhat.. Regards OS

oshb5ems, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Something has gone terrible wrong with my laptop Im just stuck? - Similar Threads - Something has gone

2. Windows update says: something has gone wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update says: something has gone wrong: Hey fellow people, when i woke up this morning and went to my windows update on my pc it says that something has gone wrong, try opening settings later.I opened trouble shooter for windows update and it also said this: "Some security settings are missing or have been changed"...
  3. Windows update says: something has gone wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update says: something has gone wrong: Hey fellow people, when i woke up this morning and went to my windows update on my pc it says that something has gone wrong, try opening settings later.I opened trouble shooter for windows update and it also said this: "Some security settings are missing or have been changed"...
  4. Something wrong with my laptop battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something wrong with my laptop battery: Hello, I've noticed an issue with my laptop. Sometimes when the laptop is plugged in it suddenly stops charging. Example - imagine now the battery is 10% so I plugged the charger and now it's 80% but it doesn't charge furthermore. and when I remove the plug the laptop turns...
  5. Is there something wrong with my laptop for doing that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there something wrong with my laptop for doing that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/08Direwolf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mie4vk/is_there_something_wrong_with_my_laptop_for_doing/
  6. Something's wrong with my Windows Defender. It's..... Gone? It's nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something's wrong with my Windows Defender. It's..... Gone? It's nowhere.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TelepathicPsych [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxjbsq/somethings_wrong_with_my_windows_defender_its/
  7. Something is wrong with my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something is wrong with my laptop: Yesterday, I was watching a movie with my laptop, fullscreen. Suddenly, the screen minimized itself, a few times. Sometimes, I can' t get my screen into fullscreen. I thought it's weird. But, today my laptop is getting weirder. When I type something, it deletes itself...
  8. I Reset My PC And Something Has Gone Wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I Reset My PC And Something Has Gone Wrong: So Basically I Reset My Computer Because I Was Thinking Of Selling It. When All Of A Sudden When Its Finished And Loads Theres A "Other User" With A Password I Am Not Familiar With And Dont Know..Is This Normal?.....
  9. My desktop has something wrong with it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My desktop has something wrong with it...: I have a desktop computer with a ethernet cable going to the wall ethernet port. I get about 300mb/s and evryrhing works fine except that it random drops to like 0 bytes/s or playing games it discconects me and reconnects me. Why is my desktop keep losing connection and...
  10. There is something terribly wrong with the much touted windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is something terribly wrong with the much touted windows 10: For years I've played the same pc games, but when I made the mistake of buying into the Windows 10 hysteria, my games played alright, and then suddenly, they either disappeared, or won't play anymore; and how is it possible that these big house games like Big Fish, Game House...