Windows 10: Something is "donating" directories to me.

Discus and support Something is "donating" directories to me. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Also see my previous post: File Explorer has become a real mess - Windows 10 Forums Windows seems to have added to the mess! All of a sudden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARYLIOA, Dec 25, 2015.

1. ARYLIOA Win User

Something is "donating" directories to me.

Also see my previous post:
    File Explorer has become a real mess - Windows 10 Forums

Windows seems to have added to the mess! All of a sudden something (I suspect File Explorer due to its earlier bad behavior) creates and leaves empty directories all over my directory tree. Editing a file in a given directory may or may not wind up with a bunch of truly strange directories created. These all popped up while editing several files using Excel (Office Professional 2003) this morning, so Excel may be playing badly with Windows. I had deleted several of these in other directories over the past few days, so I cannot specifically say Excel was involved with all of them as I was not keeping track of them at the time.

I have no clue to the naming. Nothing there looks at all familiar, and I only speak and read English.

At one time, one of the directories even ended up on my list of programs on Classic Shell. At this point I do not suspect Classic Shell since I opened the files from File Explorer.

Something is "donating" directories to me. [​IMG]

Note: Right now all data is currently on the computer, not my network drive, since we are traveling. So no question about the network being involved in the problem.

:)

ARYLIOA, Dec 25, 2015

2. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

Every single number.. No i've tested in on my mothers phone and her ID isn't set on private but still doesn't show. When i miss the call it automatically sends me a message saying who called, well if there number isn't on private.

hamburglar1, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

I've had this problem since ever... Whenever i recieve a call it doesn't show the caller. All it says is " Call ". Please someone help me get rid of this ! My settings are set as " Say caller's name; - On "

hamburglar1, Dec 25, 2015
Thema:

Something is "donating" directories to me.

1. Something is "donating" directories to me. - Similar Threads - Something donating directories

2. Setting up donated laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up donated laptop: Received a laptop from a school program that had been donated by a local company. The laptop has been reset. Select US and US keyboard, skip 2nd keyboard and then enter local network password. It then ask for a company email. I downloaded a fresh copy of windows 10 and loaded...
  3. Setting up donated laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up donated laptop: Received a laptop from a school program that had been donated by a local company. The laptop has been reset. Select US and US keyboard, skip 2nd keyboard and then enter local network password. It then ask for a company email. I downloaded a fresh copy of windows 10 and loaded...
  4. Donating my PC to a club

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Donating my PC to a club: I want to donate my PC to a social club of which I am a member. I can delete all files and do a Factory Reset and so on, but what do I do about installing Windows 10 on it and how much does it cost?...
  5. donate device

donate device: What should I do because I want to donate this laptop to charity but I don't want them to steal my personal information of my business which is confidential. What is the confidential-est way to do this and how? I am not good with tech so you will have to run me through...
  6. Preparing to donate old computer

Preparing to donate old computer: I have purchased a new computer and want to know if I clean delete all personal information from the older one, will it have any impact on the new computer?...
  7. Donations: Is it possible to donate to Tenforums?

in Windows 10 Support
    Donations: Is it possible to donate to Tenforums?: Hi all, This community has become a very important and integral part of my life. Knowing this, I feel like making a donation would be the right thing to do. I've asked this in the past, but I thought things may have changed. Thank you. 166524
  8. Donating PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Donating PC: I plan to give away my PC, but want to remove all personal data before ding so, including the connection to OneDrive. Best way to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/donating-pc/118d7f87-1257-4007-8cb9-e9dc5d229bec
  9. Something Happened to me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Something Happened to me: Hello, With the help of members of this forum I have gotten to the MediaCreation Tool 64 bit and a Windows 10 Pro without the N. I intend to download an ISO to burn to a DVD for later installation. Unfortunately when it is run it goes to a "Something Happened" message and...
  10. Prep for Donating My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Prep for Donating My Computer: What can I do to protect myself before donating my computer? *Smile 48195