Windows 10: Something is hijacking my mouse and keyboard

Discus and support Something is hijacking my mouse and keyboard in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It all started when my cousin says her laptop goes crazy like when you use mouse or keyboard, the keys don't work as intended like sometimes the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Calmsea, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Calmsea Win User

Something is hijacking my mouse and keyboard

It all started when my cousin says her laptop goes crazy like when you use mouse or keyboard, the keys don't work as intended like sometimes the "something" intentionally enters the wrong output and then sometimes it bootloops. I looked online and saw some very interesting topics and some of them are quite the same as what is already happening on her laptop, then next thing I thought that would solve the problem is by restoring it to OOB state. I used ethernet cable to backup her files to my laptop. I have done it and the next thing I knew that even while I'm just setting that laptop, that "something" still lives on, so I was shocked by it because I thought that the restoring would answer the problem but it didn't! Then the next thing I knew while I was looking online using "MY" laptop, I noticed that the there is something odd that's happening on my laptop... guess what I just thought... that "something" have also infected my laptop, and then I remembered that I used ethernet port to transfer files then I looked up on the public folder, a new folder showed up and named "Thunder Network". I don't know that thing and that has never been a thing on my laptop since the beginning. I looked it up online and it was a damn trojan. I quickly deleted it and scanned all of her file backups and no threat was found but the possibly trojan is still living on my laptop.

Online, many people have thought that this was a hardware problem but hell no it was on the software side and it's hiding on your damn machine!

Currently, I'm doing a Full scan on Windows Defender on Windows 10

Help me guys to remove this possibly trojan malware!

:)

Calmsea, Jul 8, 2018
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 8, 2018
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Something is hijacking my mouse and keyboard

Keyboard and mouse

Hi Vicki,

The issue you are experiencing when using your mouse and keyboard may be due to a corrupted software or a hardware failure on the computer. However, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this concern. Before we proceed, may
    we know the following:

• Have you tried using a different mouse and keyboard? If so, did you encounter the same problem?
    • Did you try using the said mouse and keyboard on a different computer?

Desiree Yau, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Something is hijacking my mouse and keyboard

1. Something is hijacking my mouse and keyboard - Similar Threads - Something hijacking mouse

2. I clicked something on my keyboard and now my mouse isn't moving normally.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I clicked something on my keyboard and now my mouse isn't moving normally.: I did something on my keyboard accidentally and now my mouse is moving in very short strokes. I have to lift it and move it many times just to get it across the screen. I went to the mouse settings and moved cursor speed all the way to fast but it hasn't changed. I'm not sure...
  3. I clicked something on my keyboard and now my mouse isn't moving normally.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I clicked something on my keyboard and now my mouse isn't moving normally.: I did something on my keyboard accidentally and now my mouse is moving in very short strokes. I have to lift it and move it many times just to get it across the screen. I went to the mouse settings and moved cursor speed all the way to fast but it hasn't changed. I'm not sure...
  4. I clicked something on my keyboard and now my mouse isn't moving normally.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse and keyboard: So i was watching YouTube on firefox and then when i try to open a new tab my mouse double clicks and its new even on a different mouse and keyboard buttons now are different the W key now goes back to the last page and also does it on different apps...
  6. My mouse and keyboard

My mouse and keyboard: So i was watching YouTube on firefox and then when i try to open a new tab my mouse double clicks and its new even on a different mouse and keyboard buttons now are different the W key now goes back to the last page and also does it on different apps...
  7. My mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My Keyboard Digits Have Been Hijacked by Windows Explorer as Hotkeys

My Keyboard Digits Have Been Hijacked by Windows Explorer as Hotkeys: I recently had to resurrect a backup installation of Win 7 Home premium. It was/is a vanilla installation and everything pretty much works fine except for the main keyboard digits. Plain unshifted, vanilla digit keys 1,2,3,8,9,0 launch Win Explorer while digits 4,5,6,7 just...
  9. Is something wrong with my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is something wrong with my keyboard?: I can't write anything at all anywhere, but for some reason the fn + F shortcuts still work though. The problem started when i needed to write the password to my wifi where i just kept typing but nothing appeared, so i thought i'd write it on a note pad then copy it but i...
  10. Mouse Cursor Hijack?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Cursor Hijack?: (Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.476) I have started having a problem in the last week, and my google-fu is failing me. My mouse cursor will be randomly grabbed and moved to a specific location* on my primary screen, and then will start clicking rapidly as it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS KEYBOARD HIJACKED

2. system hijacks my mouse

3. how can i tell if my mouse and keyboard have been hi jacked wielessly