Windows 10: Something messed up in windows 10

Discus and support Something messed up in windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; *Sick This might be a little hard for me to explain, but, I will try... My windows 10 gets in a condition where if I try to use some apps, like the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KY COLONEL, May 30, 2016.

1. Something messed up in windows 10

*Sick This might be a little hard for me to explain, but, I will try... My windows 10 gets in a condition where
    if I try to use some apps, like the built in weather app,, or the calculator, it will pop up a big notice that says:
    "this app can't open with the built in administrator account, please sign in with a different account
    and try again" well I don't have any other accounts on this computer... SO, if I go to system restore and
    restore it back to a restore point that I made when it was working right, it will work right again..
    I have loads of questions about this problem, but the most pressing one right now is. how do I correct this, wirhout
    doing a system restore and what puts it in that condition in the first place.??

Sorry for such a long post., but it's the only way I know how to explain it..

Thanks for any and all help. *Nerd

:)

KY COLONEL, May 30, 2016

2. Something is messed up!

Thank you. That should work, but the only thing im going to do different, is fix my partitions when i install Windows 7, not Windows 10

ShawnBybee - NWOrphan, May 30, 2016
  3. JeffR626 Win User
    Something is messed up!

You will need the windows 7 key, on laptops it is usually on a sticker on the bottom.

If windows 10 was activated. you can use the flash drive you created to do a clean /fresh install of win 10. when setup asks for the key click skip. Once its all done windows should activate automatically.

JeffR626, May 30, 2016
  4. AndreyT Win User

Something messed up in windows 10

The obvious first question here is:

The account you are working under - is it really the built-in administrator account or not?

AndreyT, May 30, 2016
  5. Yep, that should have been the first detail included in the OP. Some apps aren't able to be run by the built-in admin, and I'd even go so far as to say it is bad practice to use the built-in admin.

So check your User Accounts in control panel or Computer Management and let us know what account you are using.

DeaconFrost, May 30, 2016
  6. I have checked both the control panel and user accounts in both places and it says I'm the user. It gives my name and email address and right under email it says administrator and under that it says password protected..
    There is no other administrater account listed. If it's hidden, I don't know how to get into it. So please explain.. Thank you.

KY COLONEL, May 31, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    Did you disable UAC? If so, that is the problem. Universal apps don't work without UAC enabled.

Mystere, May 31, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

I speculation is : your admin account is corrupted.

Are you able to use this admin account and create another admin account ?
    If yes, please do so.
    Then login to the new admin and see if the same problem persists.
    If no issues with the new admin, them it is confirmed your "old" admin acct. is corrupted. Backup files you want to keep and delete it.

davidhk, May 31, 2016
  9. cbwilsha Win User
    KY Colonel, run the following command using Admin Command Prompt:

net user administrator /active:no

cbwilsha, May 31, 2016
  10. Well, you seem to have the right answer, that's what it was in this case. While everything was working, I disabled UAC and it
    caused my apps to not work and gave me the notice I was talking about.. I enabled UAC and everything came back to
    normal again. So, I will dump that program from my computer and never need or use it again.. Thanks for the help.. I really
    do appreceiate it.. I can't thank you enough..

KY COLONEL, May 31, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Congrats.
    Now that you have the solution given by Mystere, please mark your thread as solved.
    Others with the same problem will know there is an answer in this thread.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Something messed up in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Something messed

2. Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...: Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  3. Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...: Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  4. Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HELP SOS please: Win11pro I messed up something & cannot repair bymyslef

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP SOS please: Win11pro I messed up something & cannot repair bymyslef: Sympthoms: In the main profile: Right click on empty spot on desktop=restart Explorer; Right click on *.zip= flash and restart explorer; if I change to another user profile everything works as it should.So far I went thru several: sfc /scannow; DISM...restorhealth; inline...
  6. HELP SOS please: Win11pro I messed up something & cannot repair bymyslef

HELP SOS please: Win11pro I messed up something & cannot repair bymyslef: Sympthoms: In the main profile: Right click on empty spot on desktop=restart Explorer; Right click on *.zip= flash and restart explorer; if I change to another user profile everything works as it should.So far I went thru several: sfc /scannow; DISM...restorhealth; inline...
  7. I've messed something on my laptop and now maxxaudio pro no longer detects my headphones....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've messed something on my laptop and now maxxaudio pro no longer detects my headphones....: I've messed up something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-messed-something-on-my-laptop-and-now/44dde2a5-ead0-42e7-b0ed-fab0c39ec91a
  8. I've messed something on my laptop and now maxxaudio pro no longer detects my headphones....

I've messed something on my laptop and now maxxaudio pro no longer detects my headphones....: I've messed up something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-messed-something-on-my-laptop-and-now/44dde2a5-ead0-42e7-b0ed-fab0c39ec91a
  9. I've messed something on my laptop and now maxxaudio pro no longer detects my headphones....

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Working on this for 9 days, messed something up in DISKPART, UNIQUEID GPT or MBR plus FS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Working on this for 9 days, messed something up in DISKPART, UNIQUEID GPT or MBR plus FS...: Ok, here goes, this is my last resort, suffocation, no breathing, don't give a ........ Wait a minute, that's a song. Heh.Ok, I was poking around in a boot disk, in this case a USB Thumb & opened a DOS prompt.I quickly found myself reviewing the HELP DISKPART information &...