Windows 10: Something seems wrong with my start button

Discus and support Something seems wrong with my start button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Its been getting like this and doesn't always work correctly when I click it Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Anyone know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bright Eyes, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Something seems wrong with my start button

Bright Eyes, Jun 24, 2017

2. Something is wrong with my keyboard (or something else)

So, recently my keyboard died and i bought a new one today, bbut iit made evevrythingg i typed to look like thhis. The charracterers are repeatting themselves a lot.. I goot annoyed and went tto the shhop to get a replacement. One of the clerks tested
    iit on their computer and thee keyboard worked fine, i got confusedd and got a replacement from anotheer model. But I arrivedd home now and tested the replacement and it haavee thhe same probbleem. I already rreduced tthee repeat delay and put repppeat
    rate on fast, but tthe prooblem ccontinuues, i tried every usb port on the computer and thee problem continues. I don't know what to do anyymore, and I need helpp as soonn as ppossibble because I hhave an asssiiggment to dedeliver tommoorow.

LucasFigueiredo1, Jun 24, 2017
  3. start screen lumia 950 problemWhen I push the start button on my lumia 950, my start screen doesn't show. I always stay in the "all apps" environment. Did I something wrong in the settings?

When I push the start button on my lumia 950, my start screen doesn't show. I always stay in the "all apps" environment. Did I something wrong in the settings?

ThomasSwaenepoel, Jun 24, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Something seems wrong with my start button

You posted a edited out picture of the Start button. What is the exact problem that you are having?

bro67, Jun 24, 2017
  5. It should normally look like this: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Like seen in the previous picture, it gets this light grey bar down the middle of the start button and often when this happens clicking it wont work or I have to click it multiple times and It may respond.

It seems to come and go often.

Bright Eyes, Jun 24, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) net user test /add

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

6) shutdown /r

Upon reboot sign on with the new user named test.
    Check the start button.
    If scannow, restorehealth, and scan were all ok then try the new account.
    If the new user account has no windows start button problems it confirms that the other user account is corrupt.
    If the user account is corrupt you could use the new one or you could fix the old one but that takes work in the registry.

zbook, Jun 24, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    There is nothing showing in your screenshot. If you are using Creators Edition, it is known to have graphics drivers issues. Uninstall the hardware and driver then reboot. If you did a inplace update from an older version of Windows 10 to Creators update, you may have to do a clean install. There have been some issues since the beginning with Windows 10 for graphics chipsets that are older and no longer supported by Microsoft and the manufacturers.

bro67, Jun 25, 2017
  8. Something seems wrong with my start button

If you cant see it I dont know what to tell you man. Now Im worried, I was hoping updating might solve the problem. There are two screenshots. One normal one with the bar.

Bright Eyes, Jun 28, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    There is nothing in your two pictures from what you are stating. Graphics drivers have been found to cause issues with Windows 10.

bro67, Jun 29, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Please post the results of the troubleshooting from post #4.
    There are more steps to fix start if you are continuing to have problems.

zbook, Jun 29, 2017
  11. Sorry for the delay everyone. I started the sfc scan zbook suggested and It has not come back yet. I think it might be gone for good now.Thank you all for the support and Im considering this solved.

Bright Eyes, Jul 1, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Something seems wrong with my start button

1. Something seems wrong with my start button - Similar Threads - Something seems wrong

2. Start button, search bar, many other things, not working - something wrong with the Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button, search bar, many other things, not working - something wrong with the Settings?: Last night my laptop froze on me; thinking nothing of it I force-shutdown and then restarted my laptop. Since then, whenever I'm on my laptop, I can't access the start menu or the search bar. I've had to force-shutdown when I stop using my laptop.I've looked around and tried...
  3. Start button, search bar, many other things, not working - something wrong with the Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button, search bar, many other things, not working - something wrong with the Settings?: Last night my laptop froze on me; thinking nothing of it I force-shutdown and then restarted my laptop. Since then, whenever I'm on my laptop, I can't access the start menu or the search bar. I've had to force-shutdown when I stop using my laptop.I've looked around and tried...
  4. Start button, search bar, many other things, not working - something wrong with the Settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu: my start menu has some kind of bugs or something . because it always show white boxes at the sides and also a grey line below the apps . furthermore, there is no response whenever i press it whether it is the apps with grey line under it or the white boxes . i've tried to...
  6. There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu: my start menu has some kind of bugs or something . because it always show white boxes at the sides and also a grey line below the apps . furthermore, there is no response whenever i press it whether it is the apps with grey line under it or the white boxes . i've tried to...
  7. Something seems to be wrong with my graphics driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Something seems to be wrong with my graphics driver?: I've already tried to reinstall drivers and uninstall the device, however this problem still arises, I am not sure what the problem is anymore. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Something is wrong with my file explorer, there seems to be no ribbon or any way to make it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something is wrong with my file explorer, there seems to be no ribbon or any way to make it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lebensmude95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hju1nj/something_is_wrong_with_my_file_explorer_there/
  9. Something seems wrong in my file structure

in Windows 10 Support
    Something seems wrong in my file structure: Using robocopy to back up my boot drive I got literally thousands of errors like this 2020/04/02 05:15:05 (0x00000020) Copying File C:\Users\devon\AppData\Local\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application...
  10. Is there something wrong with my SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there something wrong with my SSD?: So I am trying to decompress a zip file, and when I have it on my D drive (a old school normal hdd) and have it set to decompress onto my C drive (My SSD) why does it seem to extract much slower than just going from D to D drive? I've even had the pc softlock before during...