Windows 10: Something wrong after sleep mode

Discus and support Something wrong after sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm having a serious issue with my PC. After I leave it for an hour or so, the mouse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Diplomacy65, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Something wrong after sleep mode

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm having a serious issue with my PC. After I leave it for an hour or so, the mouse, keyboard and all other USB devices aren't responding. Originally it would be in sleep mode, however I turned off the sleep to 'never', and it still won't respond.

To give an example of what's happening: The keyboard has a light for when the numpad lock is turned on. However I can't turn it on or off through the keyboard, and when I unplug it and put it back in, it doesn't illuminate again. Same story for my wireless adapter, it's lit until I unplug it and then when it's returned it won't start up again. The computer still has the on light flashing.

Please help, it's driving me nuts, it started happening yesterday. I updated to Windows 10 around 3 weeks ago.

:)

Diplomacy65, Dec 28, 2015
  2. nout72 Win User

I want to complain.

There's obviously something wrong with your phone (or is there something wrong with mine?), my 3720 classic has the same power save options.

If I activate all three; the screensaver, the power save mode and the sleep mode, the screensaver will go on after approximately 9-10 seconds, it then takes another 15 seconds for the screen to dim (power save mode) and another 10 seconds for the screen
    to go in sleep mode - do note that my 3720 only goes in sleep mode 10 seconds after the screen hasdimmed when its at the start/home screen, when the phone is inside a menu or folder it takes ages before it goes to sleep mode...I didn't have the patience to
    check how long it takes

If I do not activate the screensaver, the screen will dimm after 25 seconds.

nout72, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Power settings (sleep/hibernate) not working properly in Windows 10.

Have the same problem with Lenovo YOGA 3 Pro (1370) notebook, Windows 10.0.15063. Can get into sleep mode in just several minutes after inactivity. Have set it to get into sleep mode in 2 hours and blank screen in 5 min, so if I see screen just turning off
    and immediately find my note is in sleep mode, - something is obviously wrong. Played a bit, and when sleep is set to NEVER it did not get to sleep mode at all which is correct and not some hardware glitch.

Just another customer who would very much like to get a solution / fix.

Igor Fedchenko, Dec 28, 2015
Thema:

Something wrong after sleep mode

1. Something wrong after sleep mode - Similar Threads - Something wrong sleep

2. Something wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something wrong: So I deleted an account that I was on in the lock screen because I had cmd prompt in th lock menu and now it won't let me change accounts and everytime I try to login it says "the user profile service failed the sign in user profile cannot be loaded" and then when I press ok...
  3. Something's wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's wrong: So I was charging my computer recently. It registered for a second that it was charging, and then didn't charge. I've tried switching cords. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somethings-wrong/c88de674-26d3-405b-958a-bd58bacbb6df
  4. Something's wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something's wrong: So I was charging my computer recently. It registered for a second that it was charging, and then didn't charge. I've tried switching cords. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somethings-wrong/c88de674-26d3-405b-958a-bd58bacbb6df
  5. Something went wrong with my compatibility mode

Something went wrong with my compatibility mode: There is something wrong with my compatibility mode.I right-clicked the game Half-Life and clicked properties. Then I go to compatibility tab and selected Windows XP Service Pack 3. I applied and when I started, it appears admin that wants to run as administrator. Although...
  6. Something went wrong with my compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong with my compatibility mode: There is something wrong with my compatibility mode.I right-clicked the game Half-Life and clicked properties. Then I go to compatibility tab and selected Windows XP Service Pack 3. I applied and when I started, it appears admin that wants to run as administrator. Although...
  7. Something wrong after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something wrong after update: Hi, A few weeks ago, I let an update run which took quite a lot of time. Since that update, I've been having some serious issues with windows 10. First, my background image just suddenly disappeared, and got replaced with a full black background color. Second, the...
  8. is something wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is something wrong?: Today, I had opened up my PC. After I entered in the password, it showed something like I had just started up Windows for the first time. After I completed everything, my PC was back to normal. Was anything wrong? submitted by /u/TurtlezDaTurtle [link] [comments]...
  9. Something Wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something Wrong?: I already coming 3 month onedrive can't link at my laptop.... Pesonal drive can Busines and edu drive cannot At web side can login in can open everything ok Can't login in laptop only Personal login in not problem but not used becouse this my working laptop personal drive...
  10. somethings wrong

somethings wrong: hi I did the windows 10 update and it has made my laptop go crazy I am unable to watch any youtube the sound is fine but the picture breaks up into squares and starts moving backwards and forwards it aslso does it when I try to watch any anime's my laptop is a ADVENT...