Windows 10: Sometimes can't change volume level on Bluetooth speak audio receiver

Discus and support Sometimes can't change volume level on Bluetooth speak audio receiver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometimes the volume control stops working for my Bluetooth audio receiver (which identifies as a Roxa Plus). I have tried switching to another audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ricecrispies, May 24, 2017.

1. Sometimes can't change volume level on Bluetooth speak audio receiver

Sometimes the volume control stops working for my Bluetooth audio receiver (which identifies as a Roxa Plus). I have tried switching to another audio device and then switching back, but this doesn't help. Disconnecting the bluetooth device and reconnecting it gets the volume working properly, but this is annoying if I am in the middle of listening to music. Is there a way to fix this problem properly, or at least to get it working again without interrupting the audio stream?

:)

ricecrispies, May 24, 2017

2. Audio Volume progressively decreases - Lumia 930

I listen to audio books (audible application) and audio podcasts (built in application) on my Lumia 930 using Bluetooth ear buds.

Over a period of a few hours (some times longer, sometimes as short as 60 minutes), the volume decreases. I start at level ~13 and need to progressively increase the volume to level 30, after which the audio become so faint I can no longer hear it properly.
    My only recourse is to power cycle the phone.

Is there a fix/setting I'm missing?

Phillip Lynch, May 24, 2017
  3. nyum---01 Win User
    Nokia 700 and Nokia Play 360

Hmm, looks like the issue is with the volume sync between the two devices.

I plugged the cable in and the volume when softest is fantastic. It works extremely well with the audio cable link vs bluetooth.

Now, when I press the (-) and (+) on the device, control is very good.

I've resynced it via bluetooth and the volume seems to have linked itself back to the cable volume. (as in, if I put it on minimum sound level with the cable before connecting to bluetooth, this will be the default "on" sync when paired via bluetooth again.
    And if I put it on max volume via the cable, then when i pair the devices again via bluetooth, the lowest volume is max volume and you can't change anything. Pretty bad user experience...)

When I change the volume from the phone, nothing happens. It is still either On or Off.

When I change the volume on the Nokia Play 360 Speaker, it changes properly and the phone volume bar even moves up and down on screen... yet the control from the phone to control the volume doesn't work at all.

Very confusing.

nyum---01, May 24, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Sometimes can't change volume level on Bluetooth speak audio receiver

By disconnecting do you mean uninstalling?......If not try uninstall then reinstall.
    Have you checked driver in Device Manager?

dencal, May 24, 2017
  5. By disconnecting I just mean disconnecting. When you say "uninstall", do you mean unpairing?

ricecrispies, May 24, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    No completely remove from computer, then reinstall.
    Open Settings, click on Devices, then Bluetooth......clicking on device brings up option to remove device....then reinstall.

dencal, May 25, 2017
  7. "Remove device" means to unpair the device. There isn't a specific device driver to uninstall. The USB audio connection is generic.

ricecrispies, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sometimes can't change volume level on Bluetooth speak audio receiver

1. Sometimes can't change volume level on Bluetooth speak audio receiver - Similar Threads - Sometimes can't change

2. Volume turn up automatticaly to max level sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume turn up automatticaly to max level sometimes: I have similar issue to this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-always-plays-at-max-sound-after-updating/bbb98e58-94df-4870-8ffb-e2d89eb53cb1But there he has a problem on Win 10, i was using 11 version, and it's still occur sometimes, but i see it...
  3. Volume turn up automatticaly to max level sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume turn up automatticaly to max level sometimes: I have similar issue to this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-always-plays-at-max-sound-after-updating/bbb98e58-94df-4870-8ffb-e2d89eb53cb1But there he has a problem on Win 10, i was using 11 version, and it's still occur sometimes, but i see it...
  4. I cant change the volume levels on my headphones connected via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant change the volume levels on my headphones connected via bluetooth: whenever I try to lower or increase the volume on my headphones nothing happens. the slider doesnt go up or down when I use the buttons on my screen to change the volume, and when I use my mouse to ajust the slider I can get it to increase/decrease the number but the volume...
  5. volume levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  6. Microphone Volume Level changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume Level changing: This problem has persisted for as long as I've been using windows 10 and I have never seen a working fix. My microphone Is plugged in, set to default device in sound control panel and I've set the gain on the microphone itself to where I would like it and have also set the...
  7. Audio levels with bluetooth headsets

Audio levels with bluetooth headsets: Hi, I am using a pair of bluetooth headphones and wanted to know if there was a way to add audio inputs such as mic in or line in to the levels tab of the headphones. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The inputs appear for speakers and wired headsets but not for bluetooth...
  8. Volume Levels Always Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Levels Always Changing: To start I generally use a bluetooth headset with my pc but I dont think its the hardware itself. Whenever I'm watching shows, playing games, or just chatting in a call I've noticed that the audio levels just keep becoming louder for no clear reason. It's gotten to the...
  9. Volume Levels

Volume Levels: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop but upon arrival I have noticed a problem with the sound. If I increase or decrease the volume level it does not change the actual volume coming from the speakers, the only time it changes is when it is turned to mute. I have tried...
  10. Audio levels changing

Audio levels changing: I'm probably in the wrong category, but I really couldn't find one that would fit the problem. The sound levels of programs keep changing in the volume mixer. I've tried disabling Dolby Audio sound leveler and putting the windows communications thingy to do nothing, but...