Windows 10: sometimes i get disconnected (ethernet)

Discus and support sometimes i get disconnected (ethernet) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; its been happening from time to time without warning. at first iam thinking its from a program or other.. whats causing this? -one would think just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pathfinder, Dec 1, 2016.

1. sometimes i get disconnected (ethernet)

its been happening from time to time without warning. at first iam thinking its from a program or other.. whats causing this? -one would think just because I have performance pro -"Comcast" you'd think I have great connection, not. what I do is bring up cmd, and do ipconfig/release -ipconfig/renew which usually clears it up.

:)

Pathfinder, Dec 1, 2016
  2. Patoska Win User

Ethernet connection disconnects automatically and shows a yellow mark

Original Title: Ethernet connection

Hi, i have a problem with my ethernet connection. I turn my pc on and the ethernet is working fine, but after a few minutes (sometimes ten, sometimes half an hour) it disconnects automatically and shows a yellow mark. Then i restart my laptop and the ethernet
    works fine, but then it goes again and after a few minutes it disconnects again. What should i do?

Patoska, Dec 1, 2016
  3. Ethernet connection gets disconnected automatically

Original title: Ethernet

My ethernet connection gets disconnected automatically after 5minutes

GokulNathk_94, Dec 1, 2016
  4. Stephanie Win User

sometimes i get disconnected (ethernet)

Hi Malcom

Check your Device Manager (there should be no red Xs) also have a look at your Router Settings (just type your IP address in your browser)

sometimes i get disconnected (ethernet) [​IMG]

Stephanie, Dec 1, 2016
  5. hi steph. there are no red x's present. my area seems to have a lot of hiccups such as this.. I guess ill have to bear with it unless I move out of area.

Pathfinder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

sometimes i get disconnected (ethernet)

1. sometimes i get disconnected (ethernet) - Similar Threads - sometimes disconnected ethernet

2. Random Disconnection Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Disconnection Ethernet: Hello, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Event viewer logs two of the same errors:The name "PCNAME :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.33. The computer with the IP address 169.254.38.155...
  3. Random Disconnection Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Disconnection Ethernet: Hello, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Event viewer logs two of the same errors:The name "PCNAME :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.33. The computer with the IP address 169.254.38.155...
  4. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  5. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  6. ethernet disconnecting

ethernet disconnecting: i have changed my router to a new fast one but suddenly I found my PC cant read the ethernet cable it seems that It keeps disconnecting and connecting every 2 or 3 seconds and i have to restart the PC for 15 or 16 times unplugging and plugging the ethernet before it works...
  7. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: My pc keeps showing that I have no internet connection and in network adapter setting its showing my ethernet cabble is unplugged but I can temporarily fix it by disabling and enabling the network adapter but the internet again disconnects after a few minutes....
  8. Ethernet disconnects

Ethernet disconnects: Hello In January I got my new PC. My SO built it, it that helps at all And since I have had it I've had an issue. After a while or if I tried to load up a heavy game like R6, the ethernet on my pc will disconnect. This will freeze my whole screen, mouse and keyboard. At...
  9. Ethernet and keyboard disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet and keyboard disconnect: I have recently just built a gaming pc so can run games better. Everything worked fine for a few days while it was setting up and installing all the games. But now it does not. Generally, my pc will last for 10 minutes before disconnecting my keyboard and ethernet but my...
  10. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: Since upgrading to Win10 (1903 then 1909) I have had frequent disconnections on my broadband. I use a standard CAT 5 ethernet cable connected to my router, and after about 10 minutes or so of internet connectivity my broadband drops. I can still connect to the router which...