Windows 10: Sometimes I have no background picture on the lock screen

Discus and support Sometimes I have no background picture on the lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sometimes I have no picture on the lock screen. Just a black background with the time and the date. If I go to Lock screen in Settings and select a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tracit99, May 26, 2016.

1. tracit99 Win User

Sometimes I have no background picture on the lock screen

Sometimes I have no picture on the lock screen. Just a black background with the time and the date. If I go to Lock screen in Settings and select a different picture the sign-in background changes but lock screen background is still black. The only time I see a background on the lock screen is after restarting or after signing out. If computer returns from sleep or if I lock my computer it is just black with date and time. This has been on going for past few builds. Any ideas?

Edit: Found on Feedback hub that many others are having the same issue. I also learned from the Feedback hub that if you go to Settings>Personalization>Lock screen and turn OFF Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen then the lock screen picture is displayed correctly. However the sign-in screen will now take on your accent color whatever it may be. It appears that MS has a ways to go before the Lock screen and Sign-in screen sync properly and consistently.

:)

tracit99, May 26, 2016

2. Background slideshow error n screen saver settings reset to "NONE"

1) win10 V1709

2) set background (personalization==>settings) to slideshow and pointed to this folder

a) I created a folder name windows 10 wallpaper (aka wp folder) and it only has ALL .jpg files (not even alternate like jpeg, etc, just jpg)

b) there are 2 extra folders that are empty within the pictures library, called "Camera Roll" n "Saved Pictures" These come with the OS, I deleted them 3x and they "came back" on their own despite I didnt restore from rubbish bin

3) set locked screen to also slideshow

4) set screen saver to photos chose wp folder

5) Power & sleep settings==> screen = NEVER, sleep = NEVER

I have tried the workaround for my slideshow for background and locked screen, so will report back whether I am still getting "cant display slideshow" error once in a while (sometimes it decided to work, sometimes not). This is the part i dont quite understand

========================================

CASE: Set screen saver to photos and choose wp folder FIRST

1) set background, locked screen to slideshow==> screen saver reset to "NONE"

2) set background to picture, locked screen to slideshow==> screen saver reset to "NONE"

3) set background to picture, locked screen to picture==>screen saver to picture ==> works screen saver is still picture

Case: Set screen saver AFTER setting background and locked screen

1) set background, locked screen to slideshow==> background and locked screen reset to picture

2) set background to picture, locked screen to slideshow==>both reset to picture

3) set background to slideshow, locked screen to picture==>both reset to picture

* whether i set background to slideshow or locked screen to slideshow or both or one of them to slideshow, the other picture will get RESET to picture once i set screen saver to photos

======================================

million dollar question: Why system even seems to display screen saver sometimes when its set to NEVER sleep for BOTH screen and sleep settings?

and giving me the error "there is a error to display the slideshow" (or something similar)

====================================

what I have tried so far

1) creating another folder making sure its under "library" and copy ALL my wp jpg files to this new folder and set background and locked screen to use this new folder ==> FAILED. Tried 3x

2) currently i tried a trick that one user says work for him, set locked screen to picture, locked the screen, login, set the locked screen to slideshow ==> will report back whether this work or not as I dont locked my screen

YMLeong1609, May 26, 2016
  3. Windows Lock Screen Intermittently Displays Correct Image / Blank Background / No Date

Hi,

Since a Windows 10 update on or around the 14th November 2017 in the UK, my Yoga Pro 13 lock screen keeps malfunctioning.

Sometimes it displays the image I expect - the first in a slideshow.

Sometimes it displays the blank background colour of whatever my wallpaper happens to be.

When it's blank, if I press a button it briefly display the image I expect before fading to the PIN screen.

Sometimes it displays the clock and weather, sometimes not.

By sometimes I mean per logged in session.

The slideshow images are in a folder in my local One Drive folder. I've tested with slideshow images in a folder on my desktop, same issue.

I've moved the first image of the slideshow (aka, the picture that would be my wallpaper if I selected a single image) but it continues to display briefly before the PIN screen loads.

When I enable the Show Lock Screen Background Picture On the Sign-In Screen option, the lock screen sometimes displays the standard first picture with nothing else and no slideshow functionality, until I hit a button and it briefly fades to the PIN screen,
    with the standard first picture in the background.

When locking the screen with Win+L it sometimes flashes the flat background colour of my wallpaper before displaying the standard first picture.

Hope someone can help, I know it's just cosmetic, but the laptop feels broken every time I start up.

Thanks.

Harvey Deckard, May 26, 2016
Thema:

Sometimes I have no background picture on the lock screen

1. Sometimes I have no background picture on the lock screen - Similar Threads - Sometimes background picture

2. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  3. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  4. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.: Hello everyone.I have acer laptop, and unfortunately, the lock screen background for pictures is not working, the windows spotlight is working while the slideshow or picture just shows a blacked-out screen. Please let me know how it can be fixed....
  6. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.: Hello everyone.I have acer laptop, and unfortunately, the lock screen background for pictures is not working, the windows spotlight is working while the slideshow or picture just shows a blacked-out screen. Please let me know how it can be fixed....
  7. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Removing the lock screen background picture.

Removing the lock screen background picture.: I need a help. How shoud I remove my own pictures as the background for my lock screen?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-lock-screen-background-picture/82c1d201-b55b-424d-b3c4-3d087ad999d1
  9. Issue with lock screen background picture

Issue with lock screen background picture: In Settings Personalize Lock screen, I have checked Windows Spotlight. "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is also checked. Yet every tine I boot my desktop computer, I see the same "background" picture a Paris monument. I am not asked if I like it or...
  10. Lock Screen background picture

Lock Screen background picture: Has anybody had difficulty adding a picture / wallpaper to the lock screen. I have just set up windows 10 screen saver and I see you can change the lock screen back ground picture. I have tried adding either one of the windows wallpapers or one of my own pictures but I...