Windows 10: Sometimes, low fps in all games, sometimes good fps in all games

Discus and support Sometimes, low fps in all games, sometimes good fps in all games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In continuation of my computer problems (previous issue: BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running - Windows 10 Forums), now I am getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mrsuper, Oct 7, 2016.

1. mrsuper Win User

Sometimes, low fps in all games, sometimes good fps in all games

In continuation of my computer problems (previous issue: BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running - Windows 10 Forums), now I am getting poor performance most of the time from all games 30-40fps in games which I previously got 60-100fps on same settings. There is little to no performance difference between different graphics settings. The poor performance isn't just noticeable in games, but also in normal use of the computer. Stuff like: selecting icons on the desktop, the blue rectangle that resizes is really laggy; dragging windows around my monitors; watching videos on YouTube from Chrome (especially putting in fullscreen and watching in 1080p+). The only time I get good performance is whenever the computer feels like it. There is no reason that I have found for when this happens.

:)

mrsuper, Oct 7, 2016
  2. AustinMQ Win User

Low Fps in all my games

After updating windows 10 to the November update I have been getting worse performance in all my games. The average Fps I get in all my games is around 20 when I used to get about 150-200, and it makes the games unplayable.

Pc specs.

GeForce Gtx 970

Intel i5-4670k @ 3.40GHz

16 GB Corsair Dominator RAM

MSI H81m-E33 motherboard

AustinMQ, Oct 7, 2016
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Low Fps in all my games

"Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 8"

Compatibility mode for Win8 ...

Sometimes, low fps in all games, sometimes good fps in all games [​IMG]

Excuse the intro silliness, and I have no definitive suggestions to offer, but
    the 1511 update did not affect

any of my games (similar system), and shouldnot affect gaming performance for anyone.

My games run the same as they did before the update, which is to say they also run the same as

before upgrading from Win7 to Win10.

I still use compatibility settings (XP sp2 or Vista sp1) on only a handful of my 150+ games,and those

are the same games that required this on Win7.

- However, when I did the 1511 update it installed 353.62 driver. I was using 355.60 before the update

(w/ GTX770), but because the update reverted me to the older driver I decided to give 358.91 a whirl.

- I expect that, if you have not done any changes to the system or BIOS settings since the 1511 update,

that there is an odd chance the update may have caused some corruption.

See if these commands help: (I haven't tried it myself, but it is commonly recommended on the forums)

DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

- Are there any errors in Event Viewer ?

- ( because of the low fps, I have to ask) You have verified you are not running on the Intel HD graphics ?

btw - If you have not done so already and don't want Win10 to stuff around with your gpu drivers, you

can use the tool below to block automated driver updates -

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

BossDweeb, Oct 7, 2016
  4. Elias Win User

Check your power plan settings if they limit the FPS. An easy option is to just set it to high performance power plan. Hope this helped!

Elias, Oct 9, 2016
  5. mrsuper Win User
    Thanks for the reply! I have it already set on the High Performence power plan.

mrsuper, Oct 9, 2016
  6. CMARKEY Win User
    You could have a high amount of pressure on your CPU such as chrome and other apps open at the same time

CMARKEY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sometimes, low fps in all games, sometimes good fps in all games - Similar Threads - Sometimes low fps

2. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  3. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  4. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Low FPS issues in all games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low FPS issues in all games: Hello, Over the past 3 weeks I have had a 50% decrease in my fps. It went from 60-30 and I am unable to play all my games except League of Legends. I have updated all my drivers including using rollback drivers. I don’t know what to do as this has been a reoccurring problem....
  6. Low FPS issues in all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low FPS issues in all games: Hello, Over the past 3 weeks I have had a 50% decrease in my fps. It went from 60-30 and I am unable to play all my games except League of Legends. I have updated all my drivers including using rollback drivers. I don’t know what to do as this has been a reoccurring problem....
  7. Low FPS issues in all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. FPS drops in all games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS drops in all games: Since I factory reset my laptop about 2,5 years ago 3 years old laptop now, I am experiencing huge FPS drops when gaming. When FPS drops, voltage also drops significantly from cca. 23 to cca. 13 or even 6. CPU clock drops, GPU clock drops only sometimes resulting in even...
  9. Low FPS in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS in games: Hi - My laptop is reasonably well spec'd: i7, RTX 2070, 32 GB RAM. For whatever reason, games like Minecraft and GTA V don't run as smoothly as they used to, getting only about 70 and 40 FPS respectively. Is there anything I can do to fix it other than updating my...
  10. Sometimes i get low fps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes i get low fps.: So as the title says, sometimes I get low fps. Like the game is running fine (30fps) and bam! 20 fps and lower and i dont know whats causing it. I tried multiple games and its all the same. Drivers are updated. I have laptop with nvidia 740m, i7-4702mq and almost 12 gb of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sometimes good fps some times not