Windows 10: sometimes music files and videos will not play

Discus and support sometimes music files and videos will not play in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This happens all too frequently lately, mp3s will not play and videos will play in slow motion or not at all. Haven't found a solution to this annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by owen, Jul 21, 2016.

1. owen Win User

sometimes music files and videos will not play

This happens all too frequently lately, mp3s will not play and videos will play in slow motion or not at all. Haven't found a solution to this annoying problem yet.

:)

2. dhanuK Win User

lumia 720 duplicate image..! help me...

Hi,

I Got My NOKIA LUMIA 720 Few Days Back. I Am Facing A Issue With It.

The Issue Is "Music+Video Player".

When I Transfer Music And Video Files On 16 GB sandisk microSD Card....It Transfers Fine.

But I Transfer Only One File But I See Multiple Copies Of It. Sometimes Two, Five, Seven And Last Time I Checked It Was Eight. This Goes On Increasing On The Phone And Happens For Every Music And Video File. But When I Attach Phone To The Computer To Check
    The Music And Video Folder Sometimes It Only Shows One File And No Multiple Copies.

Also If I Try To Delete Any One Of The Files In Those Multiple Copies On The Phone....The File Is Not Playable....I Assume It Gets Deleted....Though I Delete One File Of Multiple Of Seven...Six Are Visible....But Neither One Will Play.

Due To This Issue I Did Not Transfer Music And Videos To My Phone.

dhanuK, Jul 21, 2016
  3. djsubha Win User
    nokia lumia 525 music player

Sometimes in my Lumia 525 when I play music from mixradio Sometimes the music pause automatically................ Not only that when I play music from mixradio or music+video option when I slow the sound useing volume key it was not working ....even when
    the volume is at 00 the song is play loud...... I can't understand why ? and what I do now ?

djsubha, Jul 21, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

What music player are you using? Are you using VLC?

Rocky, Jul 21, 2016
  5. 100055 Win User
    Kindly provide us with some more information. What media player are you using? Do you get any error message (if any)? Please describe the issue in more detail.

100055, Jul 21, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Are these files that are on your computer? are you streaming them live from some web site? If you are streaming videos, like from YouTube, this will have more to do with your internet connection and speed.
    Test your internet speed at Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test if it i less then the speed you are paying for, have your ISP test the lines.

spunk, Jul 21, 2016
  7. owen Win User
    windows 10 64 bit media player 12

8. spunk Win User

spunk, Jul 21, 2016
  9. Rocky Win User
    Rocky, Jul 21, 2016
  10. spunk Win User
    @Rocky, Microsoft Windows Media Player 12 comes bundled with Windows

spunk, Jul 21, 2016
  11. owen Win User
    Tried several apps, set defaults. I have just rebooted and I can play music and watch videos; Something happens when the PC has been left on for a long time, videos don't play in Firefox or chrome.
    So for now it is a quick reboot.

12. Rocky Win User
    So this is good right? This post indicates that you CAN play videos and music at the beginning of the post but towards the end it states that you can not play videos using a web browser. So download the videos first and then view them.

Rocky, Jul 21, 2016
  13. Rocky Win User

I have never used Windows Media Player since there are so many free programs that perform that function better. To tell you the truth, I hate the way that Windows Media Player sounds, it is flat and lifeless.

Rocky, Jul 21, 2016
  14. owen Win User
    The situation is getting worse; download video or mp3 after the pc has been on for awhile, I can't play them.

trying to view or listen via the browser is no longer available, have been running diagnostics on the PC, nothing to report as yet. Am looking for nasty software, which could be the cause of this dilemma. Will let the forum know if I find anything.

15. Rocky Win User
    Have you used an elevated command prompt and ran an

sfc /scannow

It sounds like you are having issues and the video aspect of it is just a symptom.

Rocky, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

1. sometimes music files and videos will not play - Similar Threads - sometimes music files

2. Music files not playing on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music files not playing on PC: I bought a new computer with Windows 11. I copied songs from CDs to my desktop and they show type of file as WMP11.AssocFile.cda. Why won't these play on my PC? If I put these songs on a USB will they play in the car? TY for any assistance you can give....
  3. Music files not playing on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music files not playing on PC: I bought a new computer with Windows 11. I copied songs from CDs to my desktop and they show type of file as WMP11.AssocFile.cda. Why won't these play on my PC? If I put these songs on a USB will they play in the car? TY for any assistance you can give....
  4. Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly: On Youtube, spotify or even a video on my own computer. It constanty pause and play repetitively. I already tried to restart, update drivers, run troubleshoot, use de cmd and nothing seems to work.I have a Asus Tuf Dash F15 with windows 11 updated....
  5. Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly: On Youtube, spotify or even a video on my own computer. It constanty pause and play repetitively. I already tried to restart, update drivers, run troubleshoot, use de cmd and nothing seems to work.I have a Asus Tuf Dash F15 with windows 11 updated....
  6. Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps: I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean...
  7. Music videos now playing on Facebook this weekend

in Windows 10 News
    Music videos now playing on Facebook this weekend: [ATTACH] Today, we’re adding a new way for people to come together around music by bringing official music videos to Facebook in the US. Starting this weekend, you’ll be able to discover, watch and share music videos from today’s top...
  8. sometimes when watching a video or listening to music sounds will break

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sometimes when watching a video or listening to music sounds will break: This has been going for 2 days. I've lately tried to install Docker on my pc which requires a restart to configure windows. and my pc shut down while it's doing that. ever since if I try to watch a video online/ locally or launch a game sounds will break, and the video...
  9. Video and Audio stuttering while playing music, videos and videogames

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video and Audio stuttering while playing music, videos and videogames: 3 weeks ago I noticed that my computer started stuttering for a second or less while playing music, videos and videogames. Video and audio will stutter for a brief period of time randomly almost always 5 minutes after I begin playing media or randomly every 20, 30, 60 minutes...
  10. Music and Videos stutter when playing back

in Windows 10 Support
    Music and Videos stutter when playing back: Hello all, This has been an issue that has been going on for quite some time now. It is weird because it seems to be pretty inconsistent as to when the issue happens. I will do my best to describe my issue. When I listen to spotify there is a stuttering noise, like a CD...