Windows 10: Sometimes when I login the login box and icon doesnt pop up

Discus and support Sometimes when I login the login box and icon doesnt pop up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello When my pc turns on (it doesnt always happen maybe like 1 out of 3 times it happens) after I press a button to pull up the login box and icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrOblivion, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Sometimes when I login the login box and icon doesnt pop up

Hello When my pc turns on (it doesnt always happen maybe like 1 out of 3 times it happens) after I press a button to pull up the login box and icon they just don't show up and I am forced to do a force shutdown and i'm not sure why..*sarc

:)

MrOblivion, Apr 3, 2017

2. Attempt to add Microsoft Account to Local Account in Windows 10 Home Fails with Two-Factor Auth

I upgraded a machine from Windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Windows 10 Home x64. I wanted to activate Cortana and add my Live/Microsoft account to my local login. However, every time I try, it fails.

If I go through Cortana, sometimes it will pop up the dialog box to login and I can put in my email address and password but the dialog disappears before asking for my second factor PIN. Sometimes it will not pop up the login dialog at all.

If I go through my account settings, the box pops up but again, it doesn't ask for the second factor and the box disappears after entering the email/password. However, once it just popped up a solid gray dialog box and then would only pop that up.

I've tried restarting the PC but that did not clear up the issue.

Rich_Jefferson, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Windows update today, can't login now

I successfully installed the updates today. It prompted to restart to install updates. When it restarted I couldn't login. It pulls up the screen but when I click or press enter start login box will pop up, it fades like it's about to pop up the login
    box but never does. I've restarted over and over. There were no errors while updating. It won't load my system image off my external drive. It won't let me restart in safe mode. The startup repair says it's fine. Idk what else to do.

AmberMcGlathery Giles, Apr 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sometimes when I login the login box and icon doesnt pop up

Brink, Apr 3, 2017
  5. Ok I have turned it off ill report back soon

MrOblivion, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sometimes when I login the login box and icon doesnt pop up

1. Sometimes when I login the login box and icon doesnt pop up - Similar Threads - Sometimes login login

2. Login box not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login box not showing up: When i start up windows and get to the login screen there is only a log in button and no box where i usually type my pin, when i press the button it first says to wait a moment then just does nothing...
  3. Login box not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login box not showing up: When i start up windows and get to the login screen there is only a log in button and no box where i usually type my pin, when i press the button it first says to wait a moment then just does nothing...
  4. Login box not opening

Login box not opening: I can not open my labtob because the password is not showing up not even the restart button i have tried alt f4 and still not working the only thing i can see is my wallpaper. how do i fix this?...
  5. Missing login box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing login box: I rebooted my PC today and the screen looked normal except there was no way to log in. The screen reacted to the mouse and the keyboard, but there was no place for a user ID or password....
  6. Missing login box

Missing login box: I rebooted my PC today and the screen looked normal except there was no way to log in. The screen reacted to the mouse and the keyboard, but there was no place for a user ID or password....
  7. Blank notepad screen popping up when I login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank notepad screen popping up when I login: I am getting a blank notepad screen popping up when I log in. How do I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-notepad-screen-popping-up-when-i-login/b086d747-b58d-460b-adfc-5eb6511854fe
  8. Login screen doesn't pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen doesn't pop up: I have purchased and downloaded Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. When i try to log in by pressing the 'Sign in' button, the only thing that happens is that the Sign in button disappears. There doesn't appear an Xbox sign in page like on, for example. an android device....
  9. No login box when I turn my computer on

in Windows 10 Customization
    No login box when I turn my computer on: My computer turns on but i do not get a login box. I dont get any prompt. Its just the photo background i see and the time and date Does anyone have any suggestions...
  10. Automate login for pop-up window

in Browsers and Email
    Automate login for pop-up window: Hello everybody, TL;DR : I need to automate a webpage credential form. I am building a kiosk setup for my workplace and I am running into an obstacle that I cannot seem to overcome. What I have is a set of machines that pulls feeds from a set of cameras that are...