Windows 10: Sometimes windows won’t boot unless I switch off and on again

Discus and support Sometimes windows won’t boot unless I switch off and on again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In last few months (maybe only since fall creators installed but that may just be co incidence) I have had issues when switching my desktop on. It’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Sometimes windows won’t boot unless I switch off and on again

In last few months (maybe only since fall creators installed but that may just be co incidence) I have had issues when switching my desktop on. It’s happened about 3 or 4 times where it goes past post and then nothing happens. I’m still stuck staring at the ASUS logo on the loading screen but there isn’t no attempt to load windows. The spinning dots don’t show at bottom of the screen. When this happens there is no keyboard illumination or anything. The desktop is all on as I hear the fans spinning and all the lights are on. But the only thing I can do is tap the power button on the desktop which switches the machine right off. I then turn it on again and everything loads up fine. It’s an SSD so after POST it’s just a few seconds. This is pretty rare as it’s only happened I reckon 3 or 4 times since September-ish but it’s just slightly worrying. I wonder if it’s a windows issue or maybe a power issue. I made sure the power supply was firmly in but it happened again since. The pc is connected to a UPS but I doubt the UPS is at fault because it also powers the monitor and an imac and they never have this issue. I thought maybe the BIOS could be to blame so I updated that as I was very out of date but it’s happened since that was updated. I even checked reliability monitor to endure the shutdowns were clean and there are no complaints in here. It can’t be heat either because the times it has happened can be shortly after it had already been on or after a whole day or so of being off. I know it’s clutching at straws a bit but has anyone experienced similar maybe since fall creators ?

:)

Scottyboy99, Jan 7, 2018

2. Nokia 5800 Update to 40.0.005 not available

Thank you for your reply. My phone is not branded.

Hopefully it won't take long to get the firmware update!!

Sometimes my phone does not receive messages unless I switch it off and on again!!! It is very tedious!!!

Thanks again

IG

ingridg---01, Jan 7, 2018
  3. Wifi connection error

My nokia X7 cannot connect to wifi unless I switch it off . Sometimes it shows an alert of 'System error' until I switch it off . I don't like switch my phone off every 2 hrs . What should I do ?

Sanelmasters, Jan 7, 2018
  4. Sometimes windows won’t boot unless I switch off and on again

I have repaired many computers with your problem it is always caused by failing HDD/SSD drive but your case is strange if the storage drive failing i'm not sure how powering your computer off and on will boot the computer.

Disconnect all externally attached devices to see if computer boot issue will resolve.

CrystalDiskInfo (free) is an easy-to-use, open-source program that can shows the S.M.A.R.T. health status reported by your hard drives.

FreeBooter, Jan 7, 2018
  5. thanks, i think the drives are ok but i will run that tool. I wonder if the internal card reader is causing issues. There are no devices with exclamation marks in device manager but basically that thing doesn't work on the machine. there is nothing in it but a few months ago it decided to stop reading anything in one of the multitude of slots that it has. Trouble is it is internal and so it's not like I can just remove it.

Scottyboy99, Jan 7, 2018
  6. See if you can disable card reader from BIOS if not disable it from Device Manager.

FreeBooter, Jan 7, 2018
  7. wert Win User
    Time will tell, as these issues can be pretty much anything, software and/or hardware related. You could also try a different PSU, if you have a spare one.

wert, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sometimes windows won’t boot unless I switch off and on again

1. Sometimes windows won’t boot unless I switch off and on again - Similar Threads - Sometimes won’t boot

2. My pc won’t boot after I turned it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t boot after I turned it off: One day i turned my pc off fully, then pulled the plug when it was completely off. After that i booted it up with the plug in and it said that something cpu memory was cleared and i had to choose an overclocking profile. It took a while to load to windows but it did. i...
  3. My pc won’t boot after I turned it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won’t boot after I turned it off: One day i turned my pc off fully, then pulled the plug when it was completely off. After that i booted it up with the plug in and it said that something cpu memory was cleared and i had to choose an overclocking profile. It took a while to load to windows but it did. i...
  4. App won’t open unless I restart computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App won’t open unless I restart computer?: So I have the app Cakewalk a daw for music production and I am having trouble opening it on my pc. If I restart my computer and it is the first thing that I open then it works fine, but if I open any other apps before it or close out of it and try to open it again it will say...
  5. App won’t open unless I restart computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App won’t open unless I restart computer?: So I have the app Cakewalk a daw for music production and I am having trouble opening it on my pc. If I restart my computer and it is the first thing that I open then it works fine, but if I open any other apps before it or close out of it and try to open it again it will say...
  6. Soundbar sometimes switches off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soundbar sometimes switches off: I bought an Adelgo 3W soundbar which only requires a USB connector at the beginning of November. It worked well until a week or so ago. Now sometimes when I am listening to something on the soundbar it will stop broadcasting and the sound will come out of the speakers which...
  7. Windows 10 sometimes goes in a strange boot loop and won't start unless i unplug it and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 sometimes goes in a strange boot loop and won't start unless i unplug it and...: submitted by /u/Frack0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6e006/windows_10_sometimes_goes_in_a_strange_boot_loop/
  8. Windows won’t boot off of drive

Windows won’t boot off of drive: Accidentally changed a partition or something on my SSD, and now my BIOS is telling me that there’s no OS on my computer... I have 0 clue how to fix this, can someone help? submitted by /u/LoganKuhar [link] [comments]...
  9. Monitor (television) switches off again and again (win10)?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor (television) switches off again and again (win10)?: Hello, since I have Windows 10, my monitor or the TV I use as a monitor switches off again and again, or the communication breaks down. This worked fine for windows 7 and only started when I installed win 10. It always happens by chance, without a reason. Sometimes every...
  10. Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator

Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator: I’ve been searching up on the web all day to fix this and there’s only a few solutions posted. I’ve done the registry edit “%1”%*, created a new user account - nothing. Please help, thanks. :-) submitted by /u/taromt [link] [comments]...