Windows 10: Somewhat uncommon BSOD

Discus and support Somewhat uncommon BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've had these BSODs since my updated build a while back and could never figure out the cause so I'll give this site a shot. The BSODs have tended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frish, Jan 8, 2016.

1. frish Win User

Somewhat uncommon BSOD

Hi, I've had these BSODs since my updated build a while back and could never figure out the cause so I'll give this site a shot. The BSODs have tended to be about once or twice a month, though when I was testing set sticks, it's could be a little longer. Recently it's happened a few times this month. Originally I got 2 sets of corsair vengeance ram (4x4 GB) and did a memtest, one of the sticks was faulty so I sent it back, the set I got in return also was faulty so I also had to send that back. I then ran 10+ passes overnight on each stick in different slots which came out clean for all of them. I did redo a memtest a lot later on but that appeared to crash a couple of times when I tried it. I may have tried another version of memtest that I believe showed an error but like I say, it came clean a while ago and after trying to debug it for so long, I gave up since it was a pain not finding anything and the BSODs weren't too common when the system is up over half the day. I have during the time reinstalled windows many times, though keeping some programs on another HDD. I used to use an SSD, but for some reason after updating my GPU, it seemed to corrupt my installation and keep freezing/crashing my system even after several reinstallations of windows so I no longer use it.

I do usually have firefox, chrome, Neverwinter open at the main screen (an MMO), 2 instances of glyph (1 sandboxed, though when the bsods first happened I didn't have it) and sometimes another game running. Though I haven't paid too much attention to temps, I haven't seen any concern. My drivers should be updated and I have tried XMP on and off and also slightly bumping up my ram voltages as suggested in a much older thread on another site with no luck. I do no overclock anything since I didn't feel it was wise if things weren't completely stable. If you can help find the issue then that'd be awesome and appreciated. If not then that's also fine (though it does suck to have felt knowledgeable in computing and never finding a solution to a self build (my 2nd one)). Lastly there's been no common trigger than I've found causing the BSODs.

One annoying thing is that because the BSOD is uncommon, it's also hard to know whether it has actually been solved...

:)

frish, Jan 8, 2016

2. New Laptop; Windows 10 not Activated?

I assume that this is a very uncommon problem as the error codes don't apply to it.

With error codes the devil is in the detail and interpretation can be extremely problematic. Problems frequently appear uncommon when the reality is somewhat different. Google searches get very different results when you use slightly different search criteria.
    It is too early to know whether you have an uncommon problem.

The web page on the Microsoft site containing the error code details was only found by me in the last week. It is quite possible that the page itself is very new, as I keep an eye open for this type of information. It takes time for supporting feedback from
    users to appear in Google to discover how to apply what Microsoft say about the individual error codes and for their meaning to become crystal clear. Microsoft uses its own version of English when documenting information about Windows.

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Periodic Blue Screen Of Death

I do have the recommended settings from my motherboard bios, and GPU Tweak II. Perhaps GPU Tweak II is trying to overclock the GPU. It does not look like it has a "don't overclock or change anything" setting, so I could just disable it from startup.

I have not had a BSOD yet since I took out the extra RAM sticks, HDD, and GPU but it is not uncommon to go this long without a startup BSOD with it all installed either.

AnthonyGDI, Jan 8, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Somewhat uncommon BSOD

Somewhat uncommon BSOD [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

Please try following

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  5. frish Win User
    Please try following
    Thanks for taking the time to look into it. I did use driver booster since installing in previous windows 7 installations and upgrading the drivers from my motherboard website still gave me bsods and since a few websites mentioned it, I figured I'd try it out in case it could update something I was missing. There are 2 things I can't do though. There's no windows 10 usb driver and it won't let me install it, and the same goes for my Creative driver for my soundblaster Audigy (though it is an old card that I actually don't know how it compares to my onboard). I did once try removing my Audigy (though didn't remove the drivers) to see if it gave BSODs still on a w7 build, but it kept doing it. I'll also mention that I didn't install the latest drivers specifically for my windows 10 installation from the mobo site, though did have the same issues for years with latest windows 7 drivers. The drivers I could update, I have now done.

frish, Jan 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I would then suggest you remove the USB device and card for at least the time of troubleshooting.

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  7. frish Win User
    Sorry, could you clarify? I did have usb extension that came with the motherboard, but didn't have a front slot in my case to fit it so the only usb 3 devices I have are from my case and mobo. So do I still need to do anything? Was the card you were referring to my sound card?

frish, Jan 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Somewhat uncommon BSOD

You say there are no W10 drivers for the USB, best is to disconnect it for improved stability.

I'm not sure, I need to check it again what I'll do later when I can.

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  9. frish Win User
    Indeed, so I'm to disconnect the connector to the usb 3 ports for the case? I don't have a separate usb 3.0 card connected is what I was trying to clarify.

frish, Jan 9, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    The Intel USB driver is from 2012, no garantee it works as expected, but until it gives problems you could have the connector connected *Smile

I was referring to the Creative soundcard yes.
    There are 3 kind of drivers known for causing a lot bluescreens, in order:
    • Display drivers
    • Network drivers
    • Sound drivers

11. frish Win User
    Ok thanks, I just wanted to be clear. The sound card was something I questioned with it being older and not as supported nowadays, but with giving it a trial for removing it and getting a bsod a while back I decided to just keep it in. There's one last thing. How important is it to remove truecrypt? Ideally I'd want to keep it since even though I don't often use it or have it loaded and isn't supported anymore, it is still a convenient away to lock and unlock non critical files. But if it's important for testing stability I'll remove it, I'd just need to spend time to sort through my files.

Unfortunately in previous tests a while back, I've had up to 5 weeks without a BSOD or something like that. So hopefully it'll be a while before I can thank you fully, otherwise I'll let you know if another BSOD happens ):.

frish, Jan 9, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    It is pretty important to remove TrueCrypt for stability, a program that hasn't been updated in at least 1 year and 3/4 months causes problems on a newer OS.

13. frish Win User

Somewhat uncommon BSOD

Ok thanks, we'll see how things get on *Smile

frish, Jan 9, 2016
  14. frish Win User
    Just managed to get another bsod. I'm not sure why they seem more frequent recently. Uploaded a new attachment.

frish, Jan 12, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high
    Code: Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGCONTEXT::SubmitCommand+1ba )[/quote]

Thema:

Somewhat uncommon BSOD

1. Somewhat uncommon BSOD - Similar Threads - Somewhat uncommon BSOD

2. Frequent, somewhat random BSODs occuring on my pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent, somewhat random BSODs occuring on my pc?: Hello. My PC has been experiencing BSODs fairly often over the past few weeks. It seems to happen mainly when I leave my PC idle and when gaming. Here are the minidump files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rZtPEmjZf8APaunaqGG6puqMEq-lFuYx/view?usp=sharingSpecs:CPU: AMD...
  3. Frequent, somewhat random BSODs occuring on my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent, somewhat random BSODs occuring on my pc?: Hello. My PC has been experiencing BSODs fairly often over the past few weeks. It seems to happen mainly when I leave my PC idle and when gaming. Here are the minidump files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rZtPEmjZf8APaunaqGG6puqMEq-lFuYx/view?usp=sharingSpecs:CPU: AMD...
  4. Frequent, somewhat random BSODs occuring on my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Uncommon black screen

Uncommon black screen: My build is :CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 6x 3.60GHz MotherBoard : ASUS : PRIME B450M-A II, BIOS UEFI. RAM : 16 GB DDR4-RAM, 2x 8 GB, DUAL CHANNEL, 3000 MHz, Kingston HyperX FURY GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, Palit GeForce RTX 2060 Dual, 6 GB GDDR6, DVI, HDMI,...
  6. Uncommon black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uncommon black screen: My build is :CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 6x 3.60GHz MotherBoard : ASUS : PRIME B450M-A II, BIOS UEFI. RAM : 16 GB DDR4-RAM, 2x 8 GB, DUAL CHANNEL, 3000 MHz, Kingston HyperX FURY GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, Palit GeForce RTX 2060 Dual, 6 GB GDDR6, DVI, HDMI,...
  7. Uncommon black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Somewhat constant BSOD

Somewhat constant BSOD: Hello, I've been having BSODs about daily since a couple of weeks ago. They appear mostly while gaming, however it happened once while listening to spotify and browsing the web. The string that appears the most is: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Though, I encountered one with...
  9. Just a somewhat simple question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just a somewhat simple question: Does Windows 10 support Technicolor for movies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-somewhat-simple-question/1d0fdc90-7d9d-4b03-9836-a5df5678118c
  10. Somewhat temperamental wifi

in Windows 10 Support
    Somewhat temperamental wifi: So having updated my Qualcomm drivers to fix my non existent chance of connecting to my WiFi I am not that impressed with the fix, out of 50 attempts of connecting to it only three were successful, and only one resulted with (slow) access to the internet. What is interesting...