Windows 10: Son changed my product key, now i'm Ska-rude

Discus and support Son changed my product key, now i'm Ska-rude in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Long story short, bought this Acer ES 15 laptop 2 weeks ago. I come back from a xmas party and my 15yrold son says "i got you win 10 pro on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by boobiesr4me, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Son changed my product key, now i'm Ska-rude

Long story short, bought this Acer ES 15 laptop 2 weeks ago. I come back from a xmas party and my 15yrold son says "i got you win 10 pro on your laptop"............ I've restarted, reset, back to factory settings (supposedly) now I still have an inactivated windows 10 pro......... How do I find my original windows key that came with the computer that gave me win 10 home. looked in the box, manuals and no luck I contacted Acer "we don't keep track of the keys that were installed in new systems". Help

:)

boobiesr4me, Dec 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 activation error code 0xC004C003

Tried that but I'm now getting an error message saying that the activation server reported that he product key is blocked...

This is strange as I've just upgraded from Win 7 which was definitely activated. My son spoke to MS last week as well, they told him the key was fine but he could not have activated Win 7 before upgrading - no idea what I'm supposed to do now...

Steve Bliss, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Nokia X6 software update not available

Changed my product key and it works now. No other way I'm afraid ;(

PicardsTea, Dec 28, 2015
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Son changed my product key, now i'm Ska-rude

Showkey Plus Showkey - Windows 10 Forums Tomcat....

f14tomcat, Dec 28, 2015
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    The original key is on the COA sticker. That is on the bottom of the laptop or inside the battery compartment.

6. Awesome, f14tomcat. Just what I've been looking for!

7. whs. I tore the bottom off the laptop, looked thru all the paperwork and there is no COA. I've been in panic mode for the 3 days not being able to find the original key.

8. WHS
    whs Win User

This is how a COA sticker looks like. No PC with Windows can be sold without a COA sticker - that is illegal. I wonder what happened to your sticker.

Son changed my product key, now i'm Ska-rude [​IMG]

9. f14tomcat Win User
    WHS, not to be argumentative, honest, but I bought a Surface Pro 3 from MS about a year ago, pre-installed 8.1, and there is no COA sticker. Anywhere. Maybe lappys are an exception, I don't know.

EDIT: Just scoured all over the case of my desktop. Bought a new Dell 3847 in May, 2015. No Coa sticker. Only thing in common is they both have UEFI and keys are stored there. Dunno.....

f14tomcat, Dec 28, 2015
  10. sml156 Win User
    If worse comes to worse if you reinstall windows 10 Home once you connect to the net your machine will be validated from Microsoft, As long as it is the same motherboard

sml156, Dec 28, 2015
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    If they are UEFI, then you do not need a sticker.

12. cereberus Win User
    COA stickers died out with Windows 7. Since Windows 8 preinstalled oem keys are bios embedded. I understand that is also the case for preinstallec oem Windows 10 as well based on feedback from other users on this forum.

cereberus, Dec 28, 2015
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

In order to get an activated Windows 10 again you are going to have to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home. Skip entering the product key if you are asked for one. Since you had Windows 10 Home activated on that computer before, it will activate again based either upon a product key stored in bios or by retrieving a digital entitlement from Microsoft activation servers.

Then set your son up with a user level account instead of administrator account and keep your own administrator password to yourself *Zip

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Son changed my product key, now i'm Ska-rude - Similar Threads - Son changed product

2. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Product Key: I recently bought a digital key for Windows 10 , before that I was using a KMS IIRC. Now whenever I do slmgr /dlv to check if the key is changed I see it's still says "Partial Product Key : 6MT6Y" which I've looked up and someone said that it's just a generic key used for...
  3. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Product Key: I recently bought a digital key for Windows 10 , before that I was using a KMS IIRC. Now whenever I do slmgr /dlv to check if the key is changed I see it's still says "Partial Product Key : 6MT6Y" which I've looked up and someone said that it's just a generic key used for...
  4. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CHANGING PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Customization
    CHANGING PRODUCT KEY: Hello, I have a almost stupid question... If I change my PC's product key, will I lose all of my personal information/apps? I'm currently using a product key that was given to my boyfriend for his university, but it constantly has me change my password and won't let me...
  6. change product key

change product key: i can't find the 25 digits to change the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-product-key/c1055548-6369-42ba-9073-fa109cd71145"
  7. Change Product Key

Change Product Key: II have a product key for windows pro. When I go into Settings to change product key from Home to PRO, It asks for Product Key which is filled in with X's and 0's. When I try to enter my product key it will not let me enter my key. As soon as I try to enter the first...
  8. Changing product key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing product key.: I recently got a hp computer with windows already installed on it, and I would like to install a game called roblox. it is insisting that I need to change my product key, but to do that I need a 25 digit code. it says I will either have an email or find it on the packaging,...
  9. Product Key Changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key Changing: If I change my product key can I rechange it back to the original product key without loosing my data?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-changing/5e8ae58a-d728-4b81-94ca-4d4fb54a26f8
  10. How Rude...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Rude...: Hi, From what I read I have something called a handshake probelm between my tv (used as my computers monitor) and my conputer. Aparently this is my tv being rude, but I can't make changes to my tv, so I need my comp to rise above it and shake anyway. To jump back a bit,...