Windows 10: Sonar X3 and Win 10

Discus and support Sonar X3 and Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just a note on installing Sonar X3 (Recording studio software). There were reports, on the Sonar forum, of a user with problems installing/running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fireberd, Nov 28, 2014.

1. fireberd Win User

Sonar X3 and Win 10

Just a note on installing Sonar X3 (Recording studio software). There were reports, on the Sonar forum, of a user with problems installing/running Sonar. I've installed Sonar X3 Producer 64 bit version on my Win 10 system and it installed and what I've tested all works properly.

:)

fireberd, Nov 28, 2014
  2. davjolan Win User

Sonar Software does not work after Windows update

Original title:

I have win 10,it recently did an update.Now my Sonar software wont work.I have Sonar X3 and now platinum.I thought platinum would work as its win 10 compatible

davjolan, Nov 28, 2014
  3. Anyone else found this possible bug: installing .NET 3.5 apps on Windows 10 causes problems with Cakewalk SONAR

Found what I believe is a major bug in the way .NET 3.5 applications now install in Windows 10. Identified the issue with Cakewalk SONAR Platinum, but I believe it is a problem with Windows (as SONAR worked fine in Windows 8.x). I spent over an hour with
    Cakewalk support (very good, it should be said) working through the issue - and it does not seem to be a SONAR issue.

Background:

Using Cakewalk SONAR Platinum (latest builds) which worked fine in Windows 8.1 where I also had Sony Sound Forge Audio 10 (a .NET 3.5 app) and Duplicate Cleaner (another .NET 3.5 app) installed. After the upgrade to Windows 10, SONAR stopped listing various
    key items (custom plug in layouts, etc.).

Then reinstalled Windows 10 freshly on separate disk to make sure clean, and after a number of attempts, going back to backups, etc. have found that as soon as you install a .NET 3.5 app, it breaks SONAR with the above problems. You can have the .NET 3.5
    package installed or not before - that does not seem to cause the problem with SONAR - but as soon as I installed either of the above apps, SONAR breaks.

And to make it worse, the problem (whatever it is) is not recoverable by a System Restore, which I had used at each step.... had to go to a backup before either of these apps was installed and reinstall everything after that point.

It would be good if others have seen similar issues (even with other programmes) as I think it has to be something to do with the way .NET 3.5 apps get installed in Windows 10 (as never had this issue on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1) - but just in
    case it is not a general problem with Windows 10 will also be providing this same feedback to Cakewalk in case it is an edge case in SONAR that gets triggered by this.

TheAndyMac, Nov 28, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Sonar X3 and Win 10

Good to know!
    I could never get the darn Sonar registration to go through so it left me with a half crippled version!
    Use Reaper by Cockos from time to time but haven't tried it on WTP.
    Also, Windows 8 and up won't find drivers for Allen & Heath mixing board! *Sad

Edwin, Nov 28, 2014
  5. fireberd Win User
    On older versions of Sonar, you have to use "run as administrator" when starting Sonar in order to enter the registration code. I've had Sonar since Version 7. The current X3 version does not require the "run as administrator".

My recording interface unit is a Roland Studio-Capture (USB connected).

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sonar X3 and Win 10

1. Sonar X3 and Win 10 - Similar Threads - Sonar

2. Setting up Cakewalk Sonar X1 LE with Allen and Heath Zed Fx10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up Cakewalk Sonar X1 LE with Allen and Heath Zed Fx10: I'm setting up the Cakewalk Sonar X1 LE with Allen and Heath Zed Fx10 according to these instructions https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/Audio-Hardware-Setup-Guide?productId=CXSL100&audioDeviceId=54 I can record the input through the A&H interface but I...
  3. Sonar Platinum crashes when loading a project

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sonar Platinum crashes when loading a project: As soon as I try to load a project or create a new one, Sonar crashes. I'm running win 10 v1903 The error is c0000005 with either ntdll.dll or audioses.dll. I tried re-registering ntdll but 'entry point not found' Thanks - rev 150768
  4. BSOD while using Sonar Artist. Event Viewer 1001 and 18

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using Sonar Artist. Event Viewer 1001 and 18: I posted this on Sevenforums because i totally forgot I was using 10 but here's kind of a repost haha. I was in the middle of using Cakewalk Sonar Artist and the computer randomly BSOD. It a pretty memory and CPU heavy program but I'm curious what happened. I've had a...
  5. Introducing sonar - Linting the web forward

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing sonar - Linting the web forward: In addition to building a great browser and dependable web platform for Windows, we’re passionate about empowering developers to build great websites. With that goal in mind, we launched modern.IE in 2013 featuring a static scan tool to detect optimizations for old versions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sonar x3 studio run on windows 10?