Windows 10: Sony Bravia TV on my network

Discus and support Sony Bravia TV on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is there always a Sony Bravia TV on my network under displays? I don't have one. I've changed my Wi-Fi password, even stopped broadcasting ssid but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Prion, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Prion Win User

Sony Bravia TV on my network

Why is there always a Sony Bravia TV on my network under displays? I don't have one. I've changed my Wi-Fi password, even stopped broadcasting ssid but it keeps popping up. I don't own a Bravia, what's going on?

:)

Prion, Sep 20, 2016

2. View video on TV

My TV is a Sony Bravia

JanSætnan, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Screen Mirroring Windows 10

Hello ,

I have Lenovo Z580 that has windows 10 installed.I am trying to mirror my screen on my Sony BRAVIA TV.This Sony Bravia TV has its own WiFi network but i don't connect to it because this way i can't use my Screen Mirroring.I have a different WiFI network
    that i use for internet on my laptop and i use this network to cast my screen over to the TV.What happens is that it successfully connects and then the laptop screen appears on the TV but then all of a sudden after like 10 - 15 seconds the screen hangs on
    TV and the Sony TV seems disconnected all by itself.Now i am unable to figure out what causes it.

Please help me with this.

Thanks.

Faheem_Rasheed, Sep 20, 2016
  4. PiKo Win User

Your neighbour has one?

5. Prion Win User
    Possibly but do Bravia's broadcast their own WiFi signal that would show up in Windows explorer or is it somehow on my network?

Prion, Sep 20, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    An odd one!

First, I'd check to see if there is a (neigbours?) Sony Bravia that is actually connecting to you or network. You router's 'setup' pages should have a 'Devices' section that lists all known devices that are (or have been) connected by WiFi. You should also be able to delete it from there. You may also be able to find/delete it in the DHCP settings.

Now, if your router has no memory of such a device, it could be that the TV isn't actually connecting to your network at all, but that it is being seen as an independent WiFi connection available to connect to. Your neighbour may be playing with their TV's 'WiFi Direct' settings.
    http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/con...to-tv-via-wifi

PS: try Casting something to it and give them a surprise *Biggrin

7. Prion Win User
    It is definitely WiFi direct, I see it pop up if I search for wireless network, but it's odd that it shows up even if I'm only on a Ethernet connection. I can view it's MAC address. Maybe next time I spot it I will try to block the Mac address in my router. Since wifi direct is used for screen mirroring it creeps me out to think someone's in my network using screen mirroring. I'll feel safer knowing it cannot access my computer in any way.

Prion, Sep 20, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

I think you can probably relax. Apparently you have to initiate the connection from your end, plus you need to know the TV's security key.
    http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custh...-1._Connecting

9. Prion Win User
    Feeling a little less paranoid now, but super weird that it shows up in Windows explorer, it's a little sketchy. I like knowing what's on my network and why.

Prion, Sep 20, 2016
  10. natslovr Win User
    Thanks for this thread. I just noticed the same issue on my network and don't own any Sony TVs so was concerned. Appreciate both the OP and response as this was hard to find information on.

natslovr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sony Bravia TV on my network - Similar Threads - Sony Bravia network

2. Windows 10 1366x768 resolution to sony bravia tv using hdmi cable not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 1366x768 resolution to sony bravia tv using hdmi cable not working: Hi, I am using windows 10 2004 version. My laptop resolution is 1366x768.My graphics card is Amd E1-6010 APU with Amd Radeon R2 Graphics. When I try to connect my laptop to sony bravia tv using hdmi cable sony tv showing "unsupported device output, check your output device...
  3. Windows 10 1366x768 resolution to sony bravia tv using hdmi cable not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1366x768 resolution to sony bravia tv using hdmi cable not working: Hi, I am using windows 10 2004 version. My laptop resolution is 1366x768.My graphics card is Amd E1-6010 APU with Amd Radeon R2 Graphics. When I try to connect my laptop to sony bravia tv using hdmi cable sony tv showing "unsupported device output, check your output device...
  4. New Windows 11 Computer Experiencing Extreme Miracast Lag on Sony Bravia TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 Computer Experiencing Extreme Miracast Lag on Sony Bravia TV: I am experiencing extreme lag on my brand new HP Windows 11 computer when trying to using Miracast on my Sony Bravia XBR-75X850D. The kicker is my old Windows 8.1 computer worked flawlessly with zero lag. I called Sony Tech Support and they confirmed my TV is up to date and...
  5. New Windows 11 Computer Experiencing Extreme Miracast Lag on Sony Bravia TV

New Windows 11 Computer Experiencing Extreme Miracast Lag on Sony Bravia TV: I am experiencing extreme lag on my brand new HP Windows 11 computer when trying to using Miracast on my Sony Bravia XBR-75X850D. The kicker is my old Windows 8.1 computer worked flawlessly with zero lag. I called Sony Tech Support and they confirmed my TV is up to date and...
  6. Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV: Cannot project my desktop using the “Screen mirroring” screen sharing of my SarfaceBook 3 Windows 11 with automatic updates to a Sony XR-65A80J television with version PKG6.4284.0521NAA. The TV is on the same Wi-Fi as the computer. By pressing "Microsoft" & "K" the computer...
  7. Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV

Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV: Cannot project my desktop using the “Screen mirroring” screen sharing of my SarfaceBook 3 Windows 11 with automatic updates to a Sony XR-65A80J television with version PKG6.4284.0521NAA. The TV is on the same Wi-Fi as the computer. By pressing "Microsoft" & "K" the computer...
  8. Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor: I am trying to setup a newly installed Windows 11 PC as a HTPC. It is a 7th gen Intel NUC. It did not give any indication of trouble with Windows 11 when installing. But, the monitor, at least in Device Manager, is showing as generic. Which is odd because it is reported as...
  9. Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor

Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor: I am trying to setup a newly installed Windows 11 PC as a HTPC. It is a 7th gen Intel NUC. It did not give any indication of trouble with Windows 11 when installing. But, the monitor, at least in Device Manager, is showing as generic. Which is odd because it is reported as...
  10. Sony Bravia TV no longer recognized by windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sony Bravia TV no longer recognized by windows 10: My Sony Bravia was perfectly being recognized by windows 10 until I disconnected the Sony Bravia from the pcs hdmi input. Upon reconnecting the Sony into the pc all of a sudden windows 10 stopped recognizing the Sony tv. The display doesn’t show up anymore. I tried a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bravia tv add network windows 10

2. what is bravia_atv2_uc

3. bravia atv2 uc on network

4. cant find sony bravia tv on windows 10 network,
  5. bravia_atv2_uc tv keeps showing up in my network,
  6. braviqa display shows up on my network,
  7. Sony Bravia showing up in windows 10 network,
  8. how to block my neighbors sony bravia from my wifi,
  9. sony bravia windows 10 sharing,
  10. Networking windows 10 to Sony Bravia tv,
  11. windows 10 sony bravia display listed in network,