Windows 10: Sony Bravia TV on my network

Discus and support Sony Bravia TV on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is there always a Sony Bravia TV on my network under displays? I don't have one. I've changed my Wi-Fi password, even stopped broadcasting ssid but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Prion, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Prion Win User

Sony Bravia TV on my network

Why is there always a Sony Bravia TV on my network under displays? I don't have one. I've changed my Wi-Fi password, even stopped broadcasting ssid but it keeps popping up. I don't own a Bravia, what's going on?

:)

Prion, Sep 20, 2016

2. View video on TV

My TV is a Sony Bravia

JanSætnan, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Screen Mirroring Windows 10

Hello ,

I have Lenovo Z580 that has windows 10 installed.I am trying to mirror my screen on my Sony BRAVIA TV.This Sony Bravia TV has its own WiFi network but i don't connect to it because this way i can't use my Screen Mirroring.I have a different WiFI network
    that i use for internet on my laptop and i use this network to cast my screen over to the TV.What happens is that it successfully connects and then the laptop screen appears on the TV but then all of a sudden after like 10 - 15 seconds the screen hangs on
    TV and the Sony TV seems disconnected all by itself.Now i am unable to figure out what causes it.

Please help me with this.

Thanks.

Faheem_Rasheed, Sep 20, 2016
  4. PiKo Win User

Your neighbour has one?

5. Prion Win User
    Possibly but do Bravia's broadcast their own WiFi signal that would show up in Windows explorer or is it somehow on my network?

Prion, Sep 20, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    An odd one!

First, I'd check to see if there is a (neigbours?) Sony Bravia that is actually connecting to you or network. You router's 'setup' pages should have a 'Devices' section that lists all known devices that are (or have been) connected by WiFi. You should also be able to delete it from there. You may also be able to find/delete it in the DHCP settings.

Now, if your router has no memory of such a device, it could be that the TV isn't actually connecting to your network at all, but that it is being seen as an independent WiFi connection available to connect to. Your neighbour may be playing with their TV's 'WiFi Direct' settings.
    http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/con...to-tv-via-wifi

PS: try Casting something to it and give them a surprise *Biggrin

7. Prion Win User
    It is definitely WiFi direct, I see it pop up if I search for wireless network, but it's odd that it shows up even if I'm only on a Ethernet connection. I can view it's MAC address. Maybe next time I spot it I will try to block the Mac address in my router. Since wifi direct is used for screen mirroring it creeps me out to think someone's in my network using screen mirroring. I'll feel safer knowing it cannot access my computer in any way.

Prion, Sep 20, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

I think you can probably relax. Apparently you have to initiate the connection from your end, plus you need to know the TV's security key.
    http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custh...-1._Connecting

9. Prion Win User
    Feeling a little less paranoid now, but super weird that it shows up in Windows explorer, it's a little sketchy. I like knowing what's on my network and why.

Prion, Sep 20, 2016
  10. natslovr Win User
    Thanks for this thread. I just noticed the same issue on my network and don't own any Sony TVs so was concerned. Appreciate both the OP and response as this was hard to find information on.

natslovr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sony Bravia TV on my network - Similar Threads - Sony Bravia network

2. how connect to my sony tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how connect to my sony tv: how to connect to a sony tv? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-connect-to-my-sony-tv/a5284887-c230-4fa2-9c70-f749ae24860b
  3. Windows 10, Sony Bravia. Casting problems. Casting works and almost immediately quits

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, Sony Bravia. Casting problems. Casting works and almost immediately quits: I cast successfully from several browsers with a laptop and Windows 10 to a Sony Bravia. When I use Windows file explorer, right click on a wmv movie file it connects, starts the movie (real player), and immediately quits and the Sony disconnects. It seems to work fine...
  4. connect to tv in the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect to tv in the same network: how to connect my disk top to tv in the same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-to-tv-in-the-same-network/bf879256-3f07-4039-baff-aff4c25c960d
  5. connecting hp laptop to sony tv using hdmi

connecting hp laptop to sony tv using hdmi: I have a HP laptop I am trying to connect to my sony tv using laptop and have no idea it show nothing when I connect cord and not sure what to do help anyone?...
  6. how to paring the keyboard to my Sony vaio

how to paring the keyboard to my Sony vaio: how to paring the keyboard to my Sony vaio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-paring-the-keyboard-to-my-sony-vaio/ca707bf2-83a5-4365-8903-43eaa10f0007
  7. not able to connect lenovo g550 to sony tv (sonycx32) through hdmi(unsupported...

not able to connect lenovo g550 to sony tv (sonycx32) through hdmi(unsupported...: i have connected two hdmi cable to my tv I always used one cable which was inserted in hdmi 1 of the tv,which I used as a dedicated connection for connecting my laptop to tv it was working fine until I accidentally inserted hdmi 2 cable in my laptop, its not able to connect...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop not outputting HDMI to Sony Bravia

Windows 10 Laptop not outputting HDMI to Sony Bravia: This should be plug and play but Windows 10 and Microsoft can't seem to make stuff work. I made sure Windows 10 was updated and rebootted and I used Windows 10 to scan the computer to make sure it didn't have malware etc. So these hooks aren't available to hang the problem...
  9. Windows 10 HDR not available on capable PC and SONY TV XBR55X800E

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 HDR not available on capable PC and SONY TV XBR55X800E: When I got to Settings -> Display and at the bottom it says "Advance display settings" and in there at the bottom it display what "Color Space" I am using It tells me SDR. Therefore, I cannot go to Settings -> Apps -> Video Playback and adjust Stream HDR Video or play my...
  10. MIracast from HP notebook to Sony smart TV

MIracast from HP notebook to Sony smart TV: Dear, I am trying to miracast my HP notebook to Sony Smart TV where audio is very much distorted & cracked, pl. help me to solve this & view & listen the AV programs smoothly. Regards, Kapil Sathe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find sony bravia tv on windows 10 network

2. bravia_atv2_uc tv keeps showing up in my network

3. braviqa display shows up on my network

4. Sony Bravia showing up in windows 10 network,
  5. how to block my neighbors sony bravia from my wifi,
  6. sony bravia windows 10 sharing,
  7. Networking windows 10 to Sony Bravia tv,
  8. windows 10 sony bravia display listed in network,
  9. Sony Bravia tv on my network,
  10. sony bravia showing up in windows network,
  11. sony bravia windows network,