Windows 10: Sony Optiarc AD-7260S not recognized, problem.

Discus and support Sony Optiarc AD-7260S not recognized, problem. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason the 7260s won't work in win 10 preview or win 10 home, it's not in device manager, but it's in bios, it can be used to clean install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by upcoast, Aug 1, 2015.

1. upcoast Win User

Sony Optiarc AD-7260S not recognized, problem.

For some reason the 7260s won't work in win 10 preview or win 10 home, it's not in device manager, but it's in bios, it can be used to clean install win 10 with iso dvd but it's simply non existent in win 10 after it's done installing.

Any ideas?

PS, I've got other drives even an old Samsung ide flat ribbon drive that'll be recognized and works fine with in win 10. I'm just stumped.

:)

upcoast, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade "Disk Drive Probblems"

RE: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7585H not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire 7551-7422

Checked Sony Optiarc website and it says there is no firmware update for the device. Checked Acer website with no success as well.

Checked Microsoft compatibility list and it says the Optiarc DVD RW AD-7585H is not compatible even though the check before the upgrade showed no problems. Did find a Dell Opticarc DVD RD AD-7585H is showing as compatible. I would think that Microsoft would
    be able to copy that driver as Optiarc DVD AD-7585H driver and we all would not be having this problem. In the mean time I had to purchase an external DVD to burn the Windows 10 iso file to a DVD.

JohnBeetle, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Rudyboy Win User
    Sony Optiarc AD-7580 compatible or not that seems to be the question.

If you look up the hardware id’s listed under details of the AHDC controller, you can use the strings to search the folder(s) for a match. If there is no match then you are out of luck. If there is a match it will list the subfolder that contains
    the inf files. I just pointed the windows installer to that folder and windows selected the one needed.

You do realize that the problem I had was a missing driver for the AMD controller. As soon as I had that installed, windows installed the DVD driver.

So I suggest you spent the time to read the thread and follow the steps. I am assuming that your Acer has the same amd chipset if not than this
    thread will not resolve your problem.

Rudyboy, Aug 1, 2015
  4. jimj Win User

I had the same problem on my Dell desktop after a clean install of Windows 10. The following note refers to Windows 8 but it worked fine for me.

Jim.

You may experience that DVD drive is not recognized in Windows 8 - Microsoft Reduce Customer Effort Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

jimj, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Sony Optiarc AD-7260S not recognized, problem. - Similar Threads - Sony Optiarc 7260S

2. Sony PDW-HD1200 is not recognized in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony PDW-HD1200 is not recognized in windows 11: There is no driver at all for this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-pdw-hd1200-is-not-recognized-in-windows-11/e6f934e8-3a5c-48a2-941f-1c78a1da6792
  3. Sony PDW-HD1200 is not recognized in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sony PDW-HD1200 is not recognized in windows 11: There is no driver at all for this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-pdw-hd1200-is-not-recognized-in-windows-11/e6f934e8-3a5c-48a2-941f-1c78a1da6792
  4. Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Vista. My CD and/or DVD reader/driver/recorder/burner is giving me a fit today. In the past, it has read and recorded CD's and read DVD's. Now, it is unable to burn a readable copy of a DVD tiff video from my desktop. In This PC "My...
  5. sony vaio , problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio , problem: I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have...
  6. Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive: Hello, Just wondered if anybody has manage to find the Fix the problem with the Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive yet In that under windows 10 it does not see any cd which is in the drive.*Mad*Mad*Mad Thanks 68771
  7. Sony handycam not recognized by Win 10

Sony handycam not recognized by Win 10: Hi all, I have an Asus laptop with Win 10 and ever since i updated from 8 to 10, my Sony HDR-PJ240 handycam is not recognized by windows and thus, i can`t transfer my recorded movies to my laptop. Any idea what could be the problem? 42228
  8. IRQ Problem with Optiarc cd/dvd player?

IRQ Problem with Optiarc cd/dvd player?: I upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 and now my cd/dvd player doesn't work. It doesn't show up as drive in file manager. It does show up under "other devices" in Device Manager, with a question mark next to it. HP print device is also there with a question mark, but it...
  9. Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive: hello, I have a problem in that after upgrading from windows 8.1 pro 64 bit to windows 10 my dvd/cd drive is not working, It shows it as a cd drive which if you try and use it , It comes up with put a cd in ,which doesn't do anything, for some reason it see it as a cd...
  10. Sony OptiArc AD7240 not seen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sony OptiArc AD7240 not seen: During the install of 10041 I found that it was taking over 10 hours. Forced a reboot and the OS came up. When I tried to run a program install from a CD (non-bootable) the drive did not run. Only a bootable installer (W10) on a clean startup is recognized. I suspecthat W10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sony optiar ad7260s compatible con windows 10

2. sony optiarc ad-7585h drivers

3. optiarc 7260 driver w10

4. OPTIARC DVD RW ad-7260s DOES NOT WORK AFTER WIN10 UPDATES,
  5. sony support for ad-7260 driver for win 10,
  6. optiarc windows 10 problem,
  7. sonyoptiarcad-7260 drivers,
  8. optiarc 7201s not being recognized in windows,
  9. Ad- 7585h not work