Windows 10: Sony OptiArc AD7240 not seen

Discus and support Sony OptiArc AD7240 not seen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During the install of 10041 I found that it was taking over 10 hours. Forced a reboot and the OS came up. When I tried to run a program install from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jc836, Apr 8, 2015.

1. jc836 Win User

Sony OptiArc AD7240 not seen

During the install of 10041 I found that it was taking over 10 hours. Forced a reboot and the OS came up. When I tried to run a program install from a CD (non-bootable) the drive did not run. Only a bootable installer (W10) on a clean startup is recognized. I suspecthat W10 keeps trying to find the drive as the drivers should be included.

Seems that the AD-7240 is known for this behavior, as it was present in earlier versions of Windows. Oddly, I never had a problem with the drive in Windows XP or 7. It is reported on several sites that it does not matter which version of the drive firmware is in place either. The BIOS for the motherboard sees the drive btw. To test further, I installed a Sony DVD-rom drive using a PATA connection and it is seen both in the BIOS and in Device Manager. I will test further when a new SATA DVD Burner arrives.

Just a heads up.

:)

jc836, Apr 8, 2015

2. Sony DVD Optiarc drives don't work in Windows10. They did work in Windows 7. Microsoft is silent. Any fixes?

But I don't understand. The driver for the Optiarc DVD RW AD-5260s ATA device is provided by Microsoft. There is no driver on the sony-optiarc website. The driver date is 6/21/2006 and the driver version is 10.0.10240.16384 signed Microsoft Windows.

how do I set this driver in compatibility mode, I see no compatibility tab on the properties tab for this device in device manager.

Thanks for yor help.

planckfund, Apr 8, 2015
  3. Win10 driver for Sony Optiarc BD RW BD-5750H please

Is there a windows 10 driver for my laptop dvd drive,

Sony Optiarc BD RW BD-5750H

and where can i download it from please?

I cant get it to write to DVDs

thanks

GeorgeDiceGeorge, Apr 8, 2015
  4. banger Win User

My AD-7241S is seen in Windows 10, although it takes 6 spins to read a DVD, but CDs are ok. Could it be the drive not reading DVDs, try some CDs.

banger, Apr 8, 2015
  5. jc836 Win User
    Banger:
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    The problem is that Device Manager does not list the drive at all. To make matters more complicated-the only way the drive works is to put the W10 disc in and do an install; once the disc is removed (hours later, btw) the drive will not appear in Device Manager. This is likely an interface issue that both Sony and Microsoft never resolved as to the 7240, which is just fine in W7.

jc836, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sony OptiArc AD7240 not seen - Similar Threads - Sony OptiArc AD7240

2. Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Vista. My CD and/or DVD reader/driver/recorder/burner is giving me a fit today. In the past, it has read and recorded CD's and read DVD's. Now, it is unable to burn a readable copy of a DVD tiff video from my desktop. In This PC "My...
  3. Optiarc BD5600s Blu ray player

Optiarc BD5600s Blu ray player: I have a HP touchsmart 600 pc which I have just upgraded to Windows 10 pro. Unfortunately my Otiarc BD5600s blu ray is no longer recognised by the computer. What do I need to do to get it recognised again....
  4. Optiarc bd 600s driver

Optiarc bd 600s driver: I have just upgraded my pc to windows 10 pro. Unfortunately my dvd player a optiarc bd600s now no longer works or is recognised on my computer. I checked the driver and it says it has the latest drivers Can anyone help me to get my dvd player back...
  5. Optiarc BD RW BD drive

Optiarc BD RW BD drive: Device manager says, ''This device is working properly.'' After a windows update the drive no longer recognizes any type of disc. The device driver is up to date. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  6. Sony Optiarc AD-7260S not recognized, problem.

Sony Optiarc AD-7260S not recognized, problem.: For some reason the 7260s won't work in win 10 preview or win 10 home, it's not in device manager, but it's in bios, it can be used to clean install win 10 with iso dvd but it's simply non existent in win 10 after it's done installing. Any ideas? PS, I've got other...
  7. Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive: Hello, Just wondered if anybody has manage to find the Fix the problem with the Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive yet In that under windows 10 it does not see any cd which is in the drive.*Mad*Mad*Mad Thanks 68771
  8. IRQ Problem with Optiarc cd/dvd player?

IRQ Problem with Optiarc cd/dvd player?: I upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 and now my cd/dvd player doesn't work. It doesn't show up as drive in file manager. It does show up under "other devices" in Device Manager, with a question mark next to it. HP print device is also there with a question mark, but it...
  9. Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive: hello, I have a problem in that after upgrading from windows 8.1 pro 64 bit to windows 10 my dvd/cd drive is not working, It shows it as a cd drive which if you try and use it , It comes up with put a cd in ,which doesn't do anything, for some reason it see it as a cd...
  10. hdd not seen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hdd not seen: I am trying to load win 10 but when I get to the screen "where do you want to install windows" the message "we couldn't find any drives........." and only the "refresh and load driver" buttons are enabled. The load driver button points in the direction of the installation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. optiarc dvd rw not seen in device manager