Windows 10: Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Discus and support Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Just wondered if anybody has manage to find the Fix the problem with the Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive yet In that under windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by samIOW, Nov 2, 2016.

1. samIOW Win User

Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Hello,

Just wondered if anybody has manage to find the Fix the problem with the Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive yet

In that under windows 10 it does not see any cd which is in the drive.*Mad*Mad*Mad

Thanks

:)

samIOW, Nov 2, 2016

2. Sony DVD Optiarc drives don't work in Windows10. They did work in Windows 7. Microsoft is silent. Any fixes?

My Dell has a Sony DVD Optiarc drive AD-5260s which has ceased to function correctly. It fails to burn CDs correctly and hangs the whole machine if you try to play a CD. I see a number of people with the same problem and a lot of frustration. These were
    common drives on Dell machines for example. Is a fix going to be made available or should I go back to Windows 7?

Cheers

plackfund

planckfund, Nov 2, 2016
  3. BL119 Win User
    DVD Player No Longer Works Since Windows 10 Upgrade

Same issue. My CD drive is no longer operational since upgrade to Win 10. My Dell Laptop has a "Optiarc DVD +/- RW AD -7700H" that shows in "Device Manager" as "other devices." Windows searching for driver - NEGATIVE. Total runaround as to who's responsible
    for fixing this device. It worked fine under Win 7. My searching for a driver for this optical drive that will function under Win 10 was a waste of time. I end up with Sony website saying it's Microsoft's responsibility to fix this driver issue in Win
    10, and the only windows help I can find suggesting looking for the manufacture to have an updated driver that will work with Windows 10. Obviously the upgrade didn't include compatible software for the CD/DVD drive that previously existed under Win 10.
    My guess is we wait 635 minutes for a Microsoft Tech Rep to be available, or wait till all the rest of the Dell computers out there with this problem to add to this post, and get the attention we need to fix the problem, with an update.

BL119, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

What exact model of PC is it in? Amongst others both Sony and Dell seem to have used this drive.

Bree, Nov 2, 2016
  5. samIOW Win User
    Sony Vaio laptop VPCEB2E9E. thanks for your reply.

samIOW, Nov 2, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    I presume you are aware that your model doesn't seem to be listed by Sony as supported for Windows 10.

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/windows10

Their Support page for the VPCEB2E9E only lists software and downloads for Windows 7, Vista and XP, there is however a firmware update for the drive...
    https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/co...B2E9E/list#os1
    Apparently...
    To add further to your problems, There are unlikely to be any new updates for the Optiarc drives because...
    Optiarc - Wikipedia

Is it just CDs that you can't see, or do you have the same problem with DVDs? Does the CD/DVD drive appear in File Explorer? Does Device Manager show it as working?

Oh, strike that, I see you've already said...
    ...and have been struggling with this problem for a while now...
    Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive
    ...it may be time to accept that this drive can't be made to work and go for an external USB drive instead. *Sad

Bree, Nov 2, 2016
  7. samIOW Win User
    Thanks for your replies, and yes I have had this problem now for a while, ( BUT ) sometimes after a update it works only until it has rebooted and then It is back to normal!!!

I think that the only option is a usb external drive, which is a bit of a pain, also I know it doesn't show my model as a suitable upgrade to windows 10 But it scanned it first before it updated it, so I am not sure why??

samIOW, Nov 2, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

I wouldn't worry too much, my Toshiba isn't a supported model either. Seems I'm luckier than you - it works OK with the generic MS-supplied drivers.

In your case it sounds like there may be an old driver on your system that works, but it soon gets replaced by an MS one that doesn't. You could see if you can roll back the driver in Device Manager. It may also be worth looking in your Update History (or Uninstall an Update) for a CD/DVD driver update that you could uninstall. If you do ever get it to work, then you may be able to keep it working by disabling any further driver updates.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive - Similar Threads - Sony Vaio optiarc

2. Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Vista. My CD and/or DVD reader/driver/recorder/burner is giving me a fit today. In the past, it has read and recorded CD's and read DVD's. Now, it is unable to burn a readable copy of a DVD tiff video from my desktop. In This PC "My...
  3. Sony vaio sve14126caw

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony vaio sve14126caw: I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY SONY VAIO LAPTOP BUT I CAN ONLY ACCESS THE BIOS BECAUSE IF I START UP THE LAPTOP, IT WILL JUST BE STUCK AT THE VAIO LOGO. I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY LAPTOP THROUGH BIOS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?...
  4. SONY VAIO FINGERPRINT SENSOR DRIVE

SONY VAIO FINGERPRINT SENSOR DRIVE: HI TO ALL .... PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME ... I CANT FIND SAONY VAIO VPCSB3AJ DRIVERS ... SPECIALLY FINGERPRINT DRIVER AND IntelR CentrinoR Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 ...... PLEASE IF ANYONE COULD HELP I WILL BE GREATFULL ... THANKS...
  5. Help! Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Sony Vaio: Hello. I have a old Sony Vaio that came with a i3-350M, i bought a new CPU (i5-560M) and changed it. I started the computer, everything was ok. But i notice the fan was kicking way more times. When i downloaded the Intel Processor Identification Utility i found that my CPU...
  6. My DVD drive is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio

My DVD drive is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio: My DVD drive (Optiarc DVD RW AD-7740H) is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio. It worked on earlier versions but not lately. CDs still work....
  7. My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my...

My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my...: My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my Sanyo Vaio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-player-with-optiarc-dvd-rw-ad-7700h-is-not/1324bd38-7f18-4cfd-ac27-b2e1516be465
  8. IRQ Problem with Optiarc cd/dvd player?

IRQ Problem with Optiarc cd/dvd player?: I upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 and now my cd/dvd player doesn't work. It doesn't show up as drive in file manager. It does show up under "other devices" in Device Manager, with a question mark next to it. HP print device is also there with a question mark, but it...
  9. Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive: hello, I have a problem in that after upgrading from windows 8.1 pro 64 bit to windows 10 my dvd/cd drive is not working, It shows it as a cd drive which if you try and use it , It comes up with put a cd in ,which doesn't do anything, for some reason it see it as a cd...
  10. Sony OptiArc AD7240 not seen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sony OptiArc AD7240 not seen: During the install of 10041 I found that it was taking over 10 hours. Forced a reboot and the OS came up. When I tried to run a program install from a CD (non-bootable) the drive did not run. Only a bootable installer (W10) on a clean startup is recognized. I suspecthat W10...