Sony Vaio (VGN-FW25G) Magic Gate Pro (MMC card reader) driver

Discus and support Sony Vaio (VGN-FW25G) Magic Gate Pro (MMC card reader) driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrading my Sony Vaio (VGN-FW25G) from W10 Ver 1709 to Ver 1803 (Build 17134.137), my Magic Gate Pro (MMC card reader) will not register the MMC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GJB, Jul 11, 2018.

1. GJB
    GJB Win User

After upgrading my Sony Vaio (VGN-FW25G) from W10 Ver 1709 to Ver 1803 (Build 17134.137), my Magic Gate Pro (MMC card reader) will not register the MMC card (Sony Camera Memory Stick Pro Duo card) when it is inserted. A banner comes up and informs me that the location is not available, F: is not accessible and incorrect function) ???

I have exhausted my researched on the net for many hours and still cannot find the MMC card reader driver that will function correctly. I have no question-marks in my Device Manager and presently using -

Diverscape - Richo Memory Stick Host Controller
    Driver Ver 6.3.0.56
    Driver Date 02-07-08
    H/W Id = PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_12
    Windows Digitally Signed as compatible
    Properties states the device is working properly

Driverscape - Richo SD/MMC Host Controller
    Driver Ver 6.10.1.5
    Driver Date 03-09-2009
    H/W Id = PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_12
    Windows Digitally Signed as compatible
    Properties states the device is working properly

Note, I have also installed and using
    Driverscape - Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver

SD Host Adapters using -
    SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller
    Driver-Microsoft
    Driver Date-21-06-2006
    Driver Ver-10.0.17134.1
    PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0822_SUBSYS_00000000&REV_22\4&2115c92e&0&19F0
    Ricoh R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter

I have no problems with my SD card reader....

Please HELP locate correct drivers.....
    Kind Regards Gary

:)

2. Light.1 Win User

Will Microsoft provide drivers for Sony VAIO (VGN-NW130D) computers?

Hello Microsoft,

Thank you for the Windows 10 free upgrade.

My "Get Windows App" tells me that Windows 10 is compatible with my computer. But every time I upgrade it gets stuck at "32% installing features and drivers".

Through further Googleing I discovered that Sony will not be providing drivers for Sony VAIO (VGN-NW130D) model computers. Thus I will not be able to upgrade to Windows 10 even though my computer is compatible. (Sony eSupport - Windows 10 Upgrade information)

It looks like every other PC manufacture is providing driver support for all their models. Extremely disappointed in Sony. Will not be purchasing any other Sony products after this point.

My Question:

Will Microsoft provide drivers for Sony VAIO (VGN-NW130D) computers? If not what can I do to get Windows 10 on my Sony VAIO?

Light.1, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Light.1 Win User
    Will Microsoft provide drivers for Sony VAIO (VGN-NW130D) computers?

Hello Microsoft,

Thanks for the replay, but your answer dose not answer my question?

I can not go to Sony's website and download the correct drivers because they will not provide Windows 10 drivers for my Sony VAIO (VGN-NW130D) computer.

I have read through some of "Andre Da Costa"
    post and will try to do what I understand of it. But I do not think it will help since I know the problem is that I do not have the correct drivers.

My question again is:

Will Microsoft provide drivers for Sony VAIO (VGN-NW130D) computers? If not what can I do to get Windows 10 on my Sony VAIO?

Thanks for the replay
    Jayant Gupta

Light.1, Jul 11, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Sony VAIO Realtek dual SD / Memory stick reader driver - HERE

Hi there

Those testing W10 with Sony VAIO Laptop who have the dual built in SD / Memory stick reader this driver works fine on W10 == am using it on Build 10525 (the latest insider build) W10 Pro.

Memory Card Reader Writer Driver (Realtek) Update version 6.1.7601.92 : Download : Sony India

This will get BOTH cards to work again -- default W10 install only sees the SD card !!! (x-64 version of W10).

Sony Vaio (VGN-FW25G) Magic Gate Pro (MMC card reader) driver [​IMG]

(Note this is the Realtek one not the RICOH driver)

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Sony Vaio (VGN-FW25G) Magic Gate Pro (MMC card reader) driver - Similar Threads - Sony Vaio VGN

2. No Internet (wiered or wireless) on Sony Vaio desktop after system autoupgrading to Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet (wiered or wireless) on Sony Vaio desktop after system autoupgrading to Win10: My parents used a 10+ year old Sony Vaio desktop(WinXP) mainly just for internet browsing. Around Nov 2017 it seemed that they clicked Ok to a pop up message to upgrade to Win10 and now the desktop has Win10 but no internet/wifi even when using an Ethernet cable. We tried to...
  3. Cannot pair my Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile 3600 mouse with my Sony Vaio S series lap top. Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot pair my Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile 3600 mouse with my Sony Vaio S series lap top. Help!: Every other device that I own, can detect the mouse but my lap top does not. I have also downloaded the latest software versions for Windows 10 as well as the Intel bluetooth driver updates. Still no luck connecting the two....
  4. Sony Vaio VGN-FZ460E -- Mass Storage Controller Driver

Sony Vaio VGN-FZ460E -- Mass Storage Controller Driver: Dear 10F members, I have installed Windows 10 to my computer Sony Vaio VGN-FZ460E. But I am having problem with installing the Mass Storage Controller. [img] I would be very glad if one could help me. Thank you. 113578
  5. BSOD in Sony VAIO laptop after RAM change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD in Sony VAIO laptop after RAM change: Hello everybody! I have a Sony Vaio SVE1512E1ESI laptop that has one RAM module with the following characteristics (by CPU-Z, RAMMon and HWinfo) Kingston SNY1600S11-4G-EDEG 4GB SODIMM DDR3-1600MHz, PC3-12800, JEDEC timings: 11-11-11-28, unbuffered, non-ECC, 1,5V I...
  6. Problem with touchpad on Windows 10 Sony Vaio

Problem with touchpad on Windows 10 Sony Vaio: I have a sony Vaio with 4gb of RAM, touch screen, Windows 8 pre-installed. After upgrading to 10 and for 'bout 1 month of usage my touchpad became laggy, freezing sometimes and I couldn't do the right/left click with the touchpad anymore. When I entered recovery mode the...
  7. Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive: Hello, Just wondered if anybody has manage to find the Fix the problem with the Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive yet In that under windows 10 it does not see any cd which is in the drive.*Mad*Mad*Mad Thanks 68771
  8. Sony Vaio SFEP driver

Sony Vaio SFEP driver: I have a Sony Vaio VPCCW2S1E. It was upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade became available, but the Nvidia drivers weren't available so I put W7 back on. I now have a new laptop and decided to try upgrading the Sony again so our son can have it. I have done a few...
  9. How do I replace HDD and windows 10 install [Sony VAIO SVE series]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I replace HDD and windows 10 install [Sony VAIO SVE series]: Hello, Lately I have been getting BSODs due to a faulty HDD and I have been advised to replace it (in another thread). I've been advised to replace it with a SSD but I am unable to purchase a high capacity SSD right now (not willing to downgrade too much in storage space)....
  10. Sony VAIO - revert back to W7 successful

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sony VAIO - revert back to W7 successful: No advice asked for here, it's just a story. I have several laptops, including a ASUS i3 which I took to W10 successfully. This worked so well that I decided to try the same thing on my favorite machine, a Sony VAIO VGN-FW590C. I was initially attracted to this machine...