Windows 10: Sophos Home?

Discus and support Sophos Home? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Have anyone ever heard and tried Sophos Home free antivirus? If yes, than do you think this software worth it to replace Windows Defender? Just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RubberDucky, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Sophos Home?

Have anyone ever heard and tried Sophos Home free antivirus? If yes, than do you think this software worth it to replace Windows Defender? Just curious.

:)

RubberDucky, Oct 30, 2016

2. No CD/DVD drive after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

IT WAS SOPHOS! HOLY COW I LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW! Uninstalled Sophos, rebooted, drives all showed up, reinstalled Sophos and rebooted again and the drives are still present. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evernight2020, Oct 30, 2016
  3. swansojb Win User
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in File Explorer since latest Windows 10 update

Sophos Not installed. From article Sophos appears to be linked with AMD and it's not an AMD PC.

swansojb, Oct 30, 2016
  4. Sophos Home?

Hi:

I have no personal experience with the product.
    But, from what I have seen at other fora, it is relatively new (Feb 2016) and is cloud-based, with the inherent advantages and disadvantages of that approach.
    Aside from MS MSE/WD, most of the "free" AVs carry some disadvantages, including toolbars, upgrade ads/popups, reduced features, reduced support, etc. So one must weigh those factors against the free cost.
    I do not know whether these drawbacks plague this Sophos product, too.
    >>As of March 2016, however, it did lack a quarantine feature or the ability to restore a False Positive -- I do not know if that has been fixed yet.
    >>Slow scan times have also been reported by some users.

Having said that, most of the feedback I see at other fora is generally positive.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 30, 2016
  5. Local settings can be changed only online via IE's interface window, I assume activex?!
    So you need IE to be installed, in order to use it. There are better alternatives than this.
    If you are interested in cloud AV, try Panda, but it can block internet while checking files.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sophos Home?

1. Sophos Home? - Similar Threads - Sophos Home

2. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...
  3. Patch windows server 2019 for ACS Sophos Central

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Patch windows server 2019 for ACS Sophos Central: Dear Microsoft SupportI have install Microsoft Update Catalog KB5005625 for case Central Windows devices: Azure Code Signing changes.But, we can't install the windows patch on windows server 2019.Could you check the windows patch for this case? Central Windows devices: Azure...
  4. Patch windows server 2019 for ACS Sophos Central

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Patch windows server 2019 for ACS Sophos Central: Dear Microsoft SupportI have install Microsoft Update Catalog KB5005625 for case Central Windows devices: Azure Code Signing changes.But, we can't install the windows patch on windows server 2019.Could you check the windows patch for this case? Central Windows devices: Azure...
  5. How do I delete Sophos Endpoint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete Sophos Endpoint?: How do I delete Sophos Endpoint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-sophos-endpoint/0768ee0f-8134-4418-9a1d-5e1da8038fc4
  6. How do I delete Sophos Endpoint?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete Sophos Endpoint?: How do I delete Sophos Endpoint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-sophos-endpoint/0768ee0f-8134-4418-9a1d-5e1da8038fc4
  7. Sophos makes SANDBOXIE a FREEWARE!!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Sophos makes SANDBOXIE a FREEWARE!!: Good news people... Sophos has decided to make Sandboxie free again, and it will be eventually open-source! Click HERE for the homepage. Sophos is excited to announce that we are making Sandboxie a free tool, with plans to transition it to an open source tool. This new...
  8. Windows insider update / hitmanpro (part of sophos security)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows insider update / hitmanpro (part of sophos security): Hi I had to rollback the latest Win10 insider update because i got a 'system service exception' at hmpalert.sys Hitmanpro is a substantial security feature so i don't want to uninstall it. Any experience out there ? kr...
  9. May 2019 updates for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 don't play nice with McAfee or Sophos...

in Windows 10 News
    May 2019 updates for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 don't play nice with McAfee or Sophos...: It seems that the saying "history repeats itself" is true, at least when it comes to Microsoft patches. Microsoft released updates for all supported versions of Windows -- client and server -- on the May 2019 Patch Day. We covered the updates in our monthly security updates...
  10. Sophos home Edition or MSE for windows 7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sophos home Edition or MSE for windows 7: Dear for all, I am wondering if MSE is enough to protect my personal laptop against virus, malware , Trojan and spyware? Or should I unistal it and replaced it by sophos home free edition which I heard it more effective as Best free antivirus. Could you please advice me...