Windows 10: Sort photos the way I want them, and make them stay that way

Discus and support Sort photos the way I want them, and make them stay that way in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I sort my photos and make them stay the way I want them to in a folder. On Windows 7 I downloaded something from the 7 forum that allowed me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ron 1, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Ron 1 Win User

Sort photos the way I want them, and make them stay that way

How can I sort my photos and make them stay the way I want them to in a folder. On Windows 7 I downloaded something from the 7 forum that allowed me to sort them in my chosen order and they stayed that way, ONLY on my desktop! How can I do it in Windows 10??????

:)

Ron 1, Nov 16, 2016

2. Documents Won't Display Way I Want Them To In Folders, Critical Error Start Menu & Cortana Aren't Working & Task Bar Freezes Up......

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience and we will surely help you to resolve the issue.

You may download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool” in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

1. Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need
    to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

2. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.

3. Click, ‘Advanced Options’ and then click on 'Startup Settings' and select ‘Restart’.

4. After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Refer the link for reference:

Change startup settings in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Hope it helps. Please reply us if you face any issues in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Suvarna Govinda, Nov 16, 2016
  3. Je_mezu24 Win User
    Documents Won't Display Way I Want Them To In Folders, Critical Error Start Menu & Cortana Aren't Working & Task Bar Freezes Up......

I want my Documents to display as tiles in every folder in Windows 10 but they keep reverting back to Details instead and it keeps getting very annoying with many documents and folders to keep having to fix this. I have tried EVERY known way to prevent this
    yet almost every few days every document in every folder reverts back to displaying in the Details setting and I totally 100% hate and despise that setting.

Also the same thing is happening with all my folders with pictures, I want them to be Extra Large Icons (some in certain folders I want to be Large Icons and others that aren't really pictures but saved in picture formats I want to display as Tiles like
    Documents). Yet all pictures are displaying as Large Icons instead. This too is very annoying!

The only thing that is displaying right the way I want them are Videos. They always stay as Large Icons.

All of this is very annoying in Windows 10 and for months after upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home the original settings I've had set for these folders stayed the same as they were well using Windows 7 yet all of a sudden for weeks
    now they all have been reverting to the settings I don't want yet under "Properties" for Folders none of my settings have changed.

There are no errors with my computer according to both CMD's SFC/Scannow and also no errors through PowerShell either. Of course the only occasional error I've ever seen and have always been able to get rid of whenever it occurs is the dreaded: "Critical
    Error Start Menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try fixing it for you the next time you sign in." Of course signing out never fixes that and it too is get to be a VERY ANNOYING ERROR as well that Microsoft REALLY needs to fix! The only other error is that
    sometimes the Task Bar and the clock will freeze up and totally stop working. If I'm using the Internet at the time (Microsoft Edge) I can still use that and everyone of my open tabs but if I minimize that the frozen Task Bar won't let me go back to it and
    I'm also not able to use anything on my Desktop when this freeze occurs either. This problem has one common thing to it, my house's digital clock can read one time say 2:30PM for example but the computer's clock on the Task Bar is still at the time it froze
    at, say 2:15PM. Only a CTRL-ALT-DEL and restarting the computer fixes this problem and then sometimes results in that dreaded: "Critical Error Start Menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try fixing it for you the next time you sign in." This error I have
    been always able to fix with a combination of Safe Mode, CMD then a SFC/Scannow, CMD then a dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (which both don't find problems and always finish successfully) (Both in Administrator Mode). I also run Windows PowerShell
    in Administrator Mode with the codes: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} and
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest.

I don't yet know how all these are connected but I have also noticed that the computer loves to use way too much Memory (RAM) on a cold start as in exactly 100% of the available RAM under "System" in Task Manager. The only way to fix this is a direct RESTART
    of the computer and then Memory (RAM) usage is back to normal. This shows me and literally tells me that Windows Fast Start is also part of a serious problem since the only time Fast Start isn't used according to all my Windows 10 research is during a System
    Restart.

I'm literally starting to believe that the "Critical Error Start Menu and Cortana aren't working" error as well as the Task Bar problem aren't just related to when the "New to Windows Apps and Programs" stop responding and crash (like Microsoft Edge since
    it's the major one I use since I don't use Cortana, the Photos App, Groove Video, etc...). All of these problems ARE RELATED apparently why else would one occur right after the other? As in right after Microsoft Edge crashes and stops responding the Start
    Menu doesn't work and becomes in accessible except by "Right Clicking" (unless the Task Bar problem has occurred as well). Restart the computer and there is the possibility of the "Critical Error" message appearing. There is no win! The only other thing I
    have noticed that the "Start Up Sound" doesn't sometimes play when both the Critical Error message appears on the screen or the computer is using all of its Memory (RAM) due to Fast Start.

Je_mezu24, Nov 16, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

More detail needed. You trying to sort names in a list, pick info columns, re-arrange thumbnails, re-name files or what ? Attach a screenshot of what's there now and how you want it.

mrgeek, Nov 16, 2016
  5. Ron 1 Win User
    I takes photos of race cars. LOTs of photos... the cars are all numbered...I want to put the same number car pics next to each other in order to decide which one is the best to use....this takes them out of jpg order......and I wish them to stay where I put them...5 years ago I got a program on windows 7 forum that allowed me to save them the way I need them to be on my desktop only!

Ron 1, Nov 16, 2016
  6. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sort photos the way I want them, and make them stay that way - Similar Threads - Sort photos stay

2. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  3. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  4. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Help! The bold letters are way too thick. Any way to make them thinner?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! The bold letters are way too thick. Any way to make them thinner?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sharp_Breadstick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mohivh/help_the_bold_letters_are_way_too_thick_any_way/
  6. I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I have my; desktop icons arranged. Two rows, on the right And one row, on the left. Here's, the problem. For some reason. Sometimes all of he icons, end up on the left It's like they just, slammed over there. To put...
  7. Sudden Restarts - No way to stop them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Restarts - No way to stop them: Hello, Ever since I got this laptop I've had occasional sudden restarts. I am simply given the message: [ATTACH] And true to its word, Windows will suddenly shut down, restart, and continue to operate for the rest of the day with seemingly no problems for the rest of...
  8. Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?: Any way to do this or am I limited to only date, size, and type? submitted by /u/greatbuy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf5e8/is_there_any_way_to_sort_files_any_way_i_want_in/
  9. I want my files and photos the way they were before onedrive messed them up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want my files and photos the way they were before onedrive messed them up: I want my files and photos the way they were before onedrive messed them up in the cloud. Maybe someone can tell me how to shut off onedrive and my files will be there. Is there a way restore files and photos just the way they before Onedrive took them away. If I turn off...
  10. OneDrive and Carbonite not set up they way I want to use them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and Carbonite not set up they way I want to use them.: I’ve had Carbonite on my Windows 10 PC for years and I want to keep using it on the PC. I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and I only want some of my files on the laptop. I don’t want all of them there. Although my PC had OneDrive I had not ever used it. I want...