Windows 10: Sorting the all apps list?

Discus and support Sorting the all apps list? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK. I know how to "go to file location" and some of the other basic tips, but I am still having two issues with the Windows 10 start menu after several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dkplayaclub, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Sorting the all apps list?

OK. I know how to "go to file location" and some of the other basic tips, but I am still having two issues with the Windows 10 start menu after several hours of searching reading and pulling hair out.

1) A few of my apps (programs I installed, not apps from the store) were originally in folders with no other shortcuts in them, so I decided to remove those folders and put the shortcut at the top level. This leaves me with a Mozilla Firefox shortcut which I want to rename to just "Firefox". I can rename it, but no matter what, it just stats under M in the all apps list. I also have 2 other apps with this problem, but I listed Firefox as an example.

2) When I open the start menu (before entering All Apps), I wonder if there is a way to replace "File Explorer" with "My PC" or some other label. I have already changed the behavior of this button to open the "My Computer" screen I am used to. I just want to change the label if possible.

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this.

:)

dkplayaclub, Jan 4, 2016
  2. jezba Win User

Text messages sorting

Ok, great!

Thanks for letting me know thisSorting the all apps list? :)

jezba, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Text messages sorting

Just as a point of reference, I am a user like you and just participate in the forums because I enjoy helping others. You comment sounded like you thought I was a MS employee and I just wanted you to know that all the mods here are volunteers and users
    like you.

That said, I agree with your comment that "It all has to come together when these phones release...everything matters!!!"

Jack Cook

http://www.experiencemobility.net

Lead Moderator

Windows Phone Forums

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/phone

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 4, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sorting the all apps list?

Brink, Jan 4, 2016
  5. Thanks for your reply Brink. I was able to rename File Explorer following the guide you linked, so 1 out of 2 issues resolved.
    As per my first question, I have rebooted several times in the course of trying different things and am still having the same issue.

I have also tried completely removing the shortcuts I am having problems with and adding new ones, but no matter what I do Firefox is always listed under M. What other info can I give you that might help us reach a conclusion here?

dkplayaclub, Jan 4, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you haven't already, you might see if deleting it from All apps, then adding a new "Firefox" shortcut may work.

Brink, Jan 4, 2016
  7. Thanks again. Just needed someone to focus me.
    I was deleting and re-making the shortcut and it didn't work. Then I was uninstalling/Reinstalling and trying to change or move the shortcut. All I needed to do was to remove the shortcut completely and then create a new shortcut named "Firefox" and put it in the folder highlighted in the guide you posted.
    I'm now able to do pretty much everything I want with the start menu in Windows 10. It's a shame that every single tweak takes so much work.

dkplayaclub, Jan 4, 2016
  8. caperjack Win User

new OS,s are always fun to customise.
    I just went to start all apps, right click on Mozilla Firefox, went to its location ,and renamed it to Firefox, ,it didn't show as Firefox till I rebooted windows, or so I thought ., I changed a few more and they are changed when I go look

caperjack, Jan 4, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's great news dkplayaclub. *Party

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sorting the all apps list? - Similar Threads - Sorting apps list

2. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...: When File Explorer opens a folder, it sorts all folders and files inside in an order according to the settings of that folder. How to get the list of all folders and files or at least of files only sorted in the same order? Not meaning just to look the list in the interface...
  3. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...: When File Explorer opens a folder, it sorts all folders and files inside in an order according to the settings of that folder. How to get the list of all folders and files or at least of files only sorted in the same order? Not meaning just to look the list in the interface...
  4. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sort contact list in People app in Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sort contact list in People app in Mail: I want to sort the contact list in People on "Last Name". Whenever I change the options for sort order and display name order, these always return to "First Name" and the order is not changed. I cannot find a way to make it stick.Is there somewhere a hidden setting or...
  6. All Apps not listing all apps

All Apps not listing all apps: Hi I have installed "IrfanView" and it is working fine; however, when I list "all apps" it does not show this programme. Is there a fix for this please? Many thanks 154497
  7. All Apps not listing all apps

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps not listing all apps: Hi I have installed "IrfanView" and it is working fine; however, when I list "all apps" it does not show this programme. Is there a fix for this please? Many thanks 154497
  8. All Apps Listing

All Apps Listing: I am trying to find out how come I don't see all of my apps in Windows 10. While there is an alphabetic list of them, some of the letters are missing. For example, instead of A B C D, it's A C E G and so on. This only occurred after having to do a factory reset on my...
  9. All Apps sorting issue

All Apps sorting issue: Greetings all. I have a couple of persistent irritations with my Win10 Pro setup that I can find no remedy for. Posting on various MS forums in the past for other issues has generally only elicited a 'run sfc /scannow', followed by no further comment. So, I'm bypassing them...
  10. All Apps - How to sort by Category?

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps - How to sort by Category?: In Windows 8.1, when I go to the start screen and show the all apps, I sort the apps by Category (instead of alphabetical). I also select an option to show Desktop apps first. Is it not possible to do this in Windows 10? I am using Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build...