Windows 10: Sound and Video Problems

Discus and support Sound and Video Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Been a day since I installed it and I can't for the life of figure out how to enable sound. I've done most of the basic checks that I could think of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rbw2, Jul 30, 2015.

1. rbw2 Win User

Sound and Video Problems

Been a day since I installed it and I can't for the life of figure out how to enable sound.

I've done most of the basic checks that I could think of - Tried to troubleshoot, tried to update drivers via Device Manager, Enabled Windows Audio via Services etc.. but nothing seems to work. Headphones, speakers.....no sound at all.

And my video quality has become terrible (Using VLC) since upgrading.

Help would be great on the above!

:)

2. FLavigne Win User

sound and video problems

T Kiran Kishore:

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. However, neither are helpful in the least.

First of all, before coming to this forum to seek some help I did go through the steps you outline (update driver, uninstall, try using the generic driver). These are usual steps when encountering driver issues in Windows (indeed, in pretty well all versions
    and I have been a Windows user since 3.1).

Second, the problem as I understand it with Beatsaudio is quite widespread. I contacted Windows support and was informed of this fact. So I am a bit surprised that the advice I am being offered here fails to take this into account. I was hoping someone
    out there already has found a fix - or made one. It is also my understanding that Microsoft is working on producing a driver that fixes the issue. I was hoping to find something now that would allow me to have sound that isn't crackly, to resolve the internal
    mic issue and allow me to use Cortana, as well as , have a sound properties console. I really do find this problem quite annoying. I expected Windows would have anticipated this issue and not left me and all the Beatsaudio owners out in the cold so to speak.
    I don't want to roll back to 8.1 but if a so-called "upgrade" turns my notebook into a nineties machine with no high quality sound and limited video, then maybe Windows 10 isn't really an improvement.

Third, as for the video issue, I already have Flash Player turned on and the problem isn't linked to that. As far as I can tell, the audio and video cannot sync so the image "hiccups". Again, I suspect this is a symptom of the audio driver issue, which
    makes getting a proper Beatsaudio driver all the more important.

So once again, I ask if anyone out there has come up with a fix - even a temporary one or a custom one - I would appreciate it. Apparently when its Beatsaudio (which belongs to Apple) support on this side doesn't come very quickly. I know for instance
    that HP doesn't care. They use JBL I think now, so I am stuck with a dodo bird machine, one no one seems to think is worth getting to work properly.

FLavigne, Jul 30, 2015
  3. sound and video problems

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Have you enabled Adobe flash player in EDGE browser?

I understand that you have issues with sound and video after you upgraded to Windows 10.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the below article and check if it helps to troubleshoot the problems related to Sound on Windows 10.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 2:

I suggest you to make sure that you have turned on Adobe flash player on EDGE browser.

• Open Edge, select More (…) (At top right corner) from the address bar, choose
      Settings.
    • Click on View advanced settings and enable the
      Adobe flash player.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Sound and Video Problems

Have you downloaded new drivers for sound card and graphics card?

MortTheBeast, Jul 30, 2015
  5. rbw2 Win User
    I don't think so unless it happened automatically?

Where do I download that?

6. You would have to know what kind of sound card and video card you have... do you know whats installed? Is it a laptop or desktop? I'm going to assume it's a prebuilt system... who is manufacturer and whats the model number?

MortTheBeast, Jul 30, 2015
  7. rbw2 Win User
    It's a Desktop. Sony Vaio PCG71811W.

I'm not sure what kind of cards I've installed....Is there a way to check? The videos card might be Nvvidia I think,

8. Sound and Video Problems

Go to device manager and Uninstall your sound drivers, also check the box says "Uninstall drivers" after click the icons scam for hardware changes, which let's windows find the driver for you. After restart your pc.

That is how I fixed mine.

RealPetChicken, Jul 30, 2015
  9. rbw2 Win User
    Thanks a bunch! That works

10. Awesome how is your video problem going? You can try the same thing as well.

11. torre Win User
    I have the same issue.

When I go to Device Manager, it does not give an option to Uninstall, only to Scan for Changes, which has no effect ? Any ideas ?

Thanks !

torre, Jul 30, 2015
  12. Take a screenshot, make sure you have anything with the word sound expanded in the screenshot.

13. rbw2 Win User

Sound and Video Problems

The videos issues got resolved with the restart as well.

14. That's great to hear, don't forget to mark the thread as solved.

RealPetChicken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sound and Video Problems

1. Sound and Video Problems - Similar Threads - Sound Video Problems

2. 20H2 sound and video problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20H2 sound and video problems: So I updated my my windows 10 a few days ago, which i’m not using anymore because I went back to the previous version, but when I updated it my sound would not work and my videos, browser videos, wallpaper engine and games kept stuttering. The video would work for a second...
  3. Simultaneous sound and picture/video problem on a laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Simultaneous sound and picture/video problem on a laptop: Hi there! About a year ago appeared on my laptop the following problem: While playing a video on e.g. YouTube the normal flow of sound and picture is disturbed, that is to say the sound is distorted and the video freezes. That lasts at the most 1 second. Then a video/sound...
  4. No sound problems on video chat

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound problems on video chat: No expert at all so having big problems on video chat as whilst I can hear and see them they can only see me, not hear. Taken a screen pic of sound settings which hopefully will reveal what's wrong.... Much appreciate any help thanks 153438
  5. No sound problems on video chat

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound problems on video chat: No expert at all so having big problems on video chat as whilst I can hear and see them they can only see me, not hear. Taken a screen pic of sound settings which hopefully will reveal what's wrong.... Much appreciate any help thanks 153438
  6. Problem with sound and video after awhile

Problem with sound and video after awhile: Hi after playing a video on netflix for a few minutes. It suddenly freezes. When I went to youtube to check. The videos just keep loading and the sound doesn't play anymore. No problem with internet. I tried restarting the laptop and it fixes it for awhile but the problem...
  7. video+sound sync problems (and more)

video+sound sync problems (and more): I have not had any BSODs on my system but I am experiencing a range of problems that I cannot find the cause of. Symptoms: The first time I turn on the computer & login, if I play any videos, the sound & video fall out of sync. This is consistent. What is strange is clicking...
  8. PC sound, video and more problems.

PC sound, video and more problems.: Hi! So yesterday, my pc started to act strange. It all happened when I listened to music while playing games. First the music froze and it made a buzzing sound, so I shut my game and music off. Then any program I tried to start after the initial incident either wouldn’t start...
  9. Windows 10 problems with video and sound

Windows 10 problems with video and sound: Hi, I have today after 2.5 years of waiting again try to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 and experienced heavy issues with video and sound not playing smooth. I have updated all drivers and video card to the latest software version, but nothing helps, so just again going back to...
  10. Windows 10 sound and video problems

Windows 10 sound and video problems: I am unable to get sound or other media to play when I first boot up into Windows. If I restart the computer, it clears and everything works normally. Details: If I try to play an audio file it seems to load the file. The transport changes from Play to Pause so it thinks...