Windows 10: sound blaster in build 10166

Discus and support sound blaster in build 10166 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can not get my sound blaster x-fi titanium pci express sound card to give me sound through the right channels even though Ive uninstalled the support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Siegel, Jul 11, 2015.

1. sound blaster in build 10166

I can not get my sound blaster x-fi titanium pci express sound card to give me sound through the right channels even though Ive uninstalled the support pack for 5.1 surround audio that was compiled from another sb user that did work in the last build; and then reinstalled it. however; now under 10166; I cant get 5.1 surround audio and i cant get into the enhancements for my sound card. again it did work for a short time when I was running it under build 10162; but now that Ive switched to 10166; I dont have jack for audio and to add to it; I keep getting the message that says "the audio device supported by this application is not detected; setup will now close" or something to that extent. Anyone have any idea how to resolve this and whether or not ms will finally once and for all resolve these issues?

:)

Matt Siegel, Jul 11, 2015

2. Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Not Working Right (Windows 10)

Windows 10 current software pack (got my Titanium Champion series and the front panel going):

File Name : XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0015.exe

This download contains the driver and application(s) for use with your Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following devices only:

• Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty® Champion Series
    • Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    • Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Professional Audio
    • Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
    • Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium OEM
    What's New:

• Fix installation issues on Windows 10 32-bit Build 10586.
    Requirements:

• Microsoft® Windows® 10 32-bit or 64-bit
    • Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium audio devices listed above
    Notes:

To install this pack

• Download the file onto your local hard disk.
    • Double-click the downloaded file.
    • Follow the instructions on screen.

Creative Weltweite Unterstützung

Once that's upgraded set the Volume Panel (Default Location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi\Volume Panel\VolPanlu.exe") to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode and reboot.

It's all working for me now.

Nick Phipps, Jul 11, 2015
  3. Build 10166

O download de algumas atualizações NÃO foi concluido.Continuaremos tetando.
    codigo de Erro: (0x80246007), o que significa isso??? Não consigo instalar a build no meu lumia 720...

Maxy dos SantosAraújo, Jul 11, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

sound blaster in build 10166

Did you re-install the drivers under 10166? Soundblasters are notorious for needing to have their drivers re-installed for each new build.. it's been that way since Windows 98.. SB drivers have always been crap when upgrading.

Mystere, Jul 11, 2015
  5. yes. I have re-installed the drivers and software and it still did nothing. Again; it did work under build 10162; but now i only get 2.1 sound only through 2 speakers.

Matt Siegel, Jul 11, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Jul 13, 2015
  7. I tried the above steps in the above link however; I am still not getting 5.1 surround audio under this latest build of 10166 even though Ive installed and uninstalled the newest drivers etc. compiled by a member on the sound blaster forums which apparently have worked for a lot of people except for me it seems.

Matt Siegel, Jul 14, 2015
  8. sound blaster in build 10166

Well i seemed to have solved the enhancements not working issue and the surround sound issue. It was because I mistakenly installed the 3.4 support pack when that one was not designed for my sound card by daniel. So i went back, uninstalled that one and reinstalled the 3.3 support back and voila!; the sound was back to the way i was looking for. So this one is solved for now.

Matt Siegel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

sound blaster in build 10166

1. sound blaster in build 10166 - Similar Threads - sound blaster build

2. Sound Blaster Recon3Di Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Blaster Recon3Di Problems: So I upgraded my MOBO the other day to a GIGABYTE Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition and I believe there is something wrong with the built-in Sound Blaster Recon3Di or it's drivers. Randomly the audio jumps to it's maximum potential and muffled/distorted (whith headphones...
  3. UXStyle v 0.2.4.2 on Build 10166

in Windows 10 Customization
    UXStyle v 0.2.4.2 on Build 10166: Hi everyone Has anyone had this problem installing UXStyle Community Edition version 0.2.4.2 on Windows 10166? When I click on the INSTALL button I get the message "Uh, oh, something went wrong" There is a link to a log file. See picture and log file attached. [img]...
  4. Unable to upgrade to Build 10166

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to upgrade to Build 10166: I've had no problems upgrading to newer builds until now. The upgrade from Build 10162 to Build 10166 stops at 95% on the final install screen 82% on configuring settings, then goes back to Build 10162 when I restart. Any ideas? *Confused 8169
  5. Build 10162 will not update to 10166

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10162 will not update to 10166: I had the same problem with build 10130 not updating to 10162. I had to upgrade with the preview iso. Running it in Oracle VM VirtualBox What is going on? 8035
  6. No sound from sound blaster

No sound from sound blaster: I just installed the most recent windows 10 tech preview last night; but my sound blaster pci express sound card did not get installed correctly or something because i am getting no sound at all. Please help me fix this before I roll everything back to the old setup. 3759
  7. Sound Blaster Z - No Sound

Sound Blaster Z - No Sound: Hi guys! Some days ago I made a fresh install of Windows 1709 and things appears to be working. Today I`m having some sound problem with my SBZ and I tried to reinstall driver but since then, I have no sound. Thanks for any help 97834
  8. sound blaster on build 10240

sound blaster on build 10240: I cannot get my surround 5.1 audio to work with this most recent build of 10240; and i cannot get into the enhancements that are supposed to be available for my card which is the x-fi titanium pci express sound card from creative. Is there any way to resolve this or do I just...
  9. build 10166 device manager

build 10166 device manager: Have a look at the new mmc snap-in manager, right click view customise NICE Roy 8023
  10. Not seeing build 10240 from build 10166

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not seeing build 10240 from build 10166: I am currently running Windows 10 Build 10166 (Canada/French version x64 - Core). It was an upgradfe from build 10162. I have tried to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, rebooted many times, went from Fast to Slow (and then Slow to Fast) ring. Still no updates at...