Windows 10: Sound Blaster Z - No Sound

Discus and support Sound Blaster Z - No Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys! Some days ago I made a fresh install of Windows 1709 and things appears to be working. Today I`m having some sound problem with my SBZ and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fulvioval, Nov 11, 2017.

1. fulvioval Win User

Sound Blaster Z - No Sound

Hi guys! Some days ago I made a fresh install of Windows 1709 and things appears to be working.

Today I`m having some sound problem with my SBZ and I tried to reinstall driver but since then, I have no sound.

Thanks for any help

:)

fulvioval, Nov 11, 2017
  2. MARC-NY Win User

Sleep/Shutdown issues on windows 10

It turned out it was my Sound Blaster Z causing the issue with my Asus Z170-A motherboard. I removed the Sound Blaster Z and I'm now using onboard sound which sound nearly as good. It was not the Driver for Intel Management Engine Interface after all.

MARC-NY, Nov 11, 2017
  3. ARPW3 Win User
    Creative Media Windows update 19/06/17

I lost my sound too, Sound Blaster Z. Have anyone at Microsoft actually tried these drivers before distributing them on Windows update?

ARPW3, Nov 11, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Check the sound playback panel. If the SoundBlaster is not set as default, that could be the problem. If its not set as default make it the default audio playback device.

As you have the add on SoundBlaster card, if you have motherboard in built sound disable that in the BIOS so it does not conflict and cause problems.

fireberd, Nov 11, 2017
  5. fulvioval Win User
    Thanks for the answer fireberd!

I tried this without sucess:
    -check playback device
    -check volume
    -check onboard soundcard disable
    -reinstall Sound Blaster Z driver

The stranger thing is working, so I started having some problems and after reinstall stopped working...

fulvioval, Nov 12, 2017
  6. Windows Update installs the wrong driver sometimes, which breaks the sound. At first uninstall and remove the driver for both devices via device manager, otherwise you can not install older one over it. Then restart and install again.

TairikuOkami, Nov 12, 2017
  7. fulvioval Win User
    Thanks! I'll try this. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, maybe if I use police editor to block driver updates I can avoid this to happen again but I really don't know if that Police Rule really works to block driver updates from Windows Update.

fulvioval, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound Blaster Z - No Sound - Similar Threads - Sound Blaster Sound

2. No surround sound options with up-to-date WIndows 11 on Realtek or Sound Blaster Z se

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No surround sound options with up-to-date WIndows 11 on Realtek or Sound Blaster Z se: We are running an up-to-date Windows 11 installation on a Dell Alienware Aurora R13 including updated BIOS and drivers. We have attempted to connect a surround sound amplifier via the optical connector at the back of the machine. This audio is provided by a REALTEK chip. The...
  3. No surround sound options with up-to-date WIndows 11 on Realtek or Sound Blaster Z se

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No surround sound options with up-to-date WIndows 11 on Realtek or Sound Blaster Z se: We are running an up-to-date Windows 11 installation on a Dell Alienware Aurora R13 including updated BIOS and drivers. We have attempted to connect a surround sound amplifier via the optical connector at the back of the machine. This audio is provided by a REALTEK chip. The...
  4. Creative sound blaster z not recognised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creative sound blaster z not recognised: [ATTACH] I bought a new Creative Soundblaster Z to overcome problems with the integrated sound card (the audio output was "heard" by the microphone). So i open the case and install it on the PCI Express X 1, restarted the pc but it wasn't working. In the device manager I...
  5. Creative sound blaster z not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creative sound blaster z not working: [ATTACH] I bought a new Creative Soundblaster Z to overcome problems with the integrated sound card the audio output was "heard" by the microphone. So i open the case and install it on the PCI Express X 1, restarted the pc but it wasn't working. In the device manager I...
  6. Sound blaster z audio sometimes sounds low and unclear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound blaster z audio sometimes sounds low and unclear: Windows 7 64 bit Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Z I been having issues with this sound card for a while. This is a strange issue. The problem is that when the issue occurs you cannot hear the audio properly. It would sound very muffled, unclear and low at the same...
  7. sound blaster z , windows 10 1903

sound blaster z , windows 10 1903: sound blaster z audio wont work with windows 10 version 1903, os-version 18362.295. installed the newest creative software driver for the audio system and i have no sound, no sound with bios audio switched on, or that the audio pci system software is installed or not...
  8. Creative Sound Blaster Z Drivers >> Do the Generic Drivers solve sound issues?

Creative Sound Blaster Z Drivers >> Do the Generic Drivers solve sound issues?: I was searching through various forums and found that audio problem are the common after Windows 10 updates. Though I don't know about April 1803 update, the last one did cause some issues for Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card! Personally I don't have it. But as a blogger...
  9. No sound from sound blaster

No sound from sound blaster: I just installed the most recent windows 10 tech preview last night; but my sound blaster pci express sound card did not get installed correctly or something because i am getting no sound at all. Please help me fix this before I roll everything back to the old setup. 3759
  10. Lost sound after latest Windows 10 update (Sound Blaster Z)

Lost sound after latest Windows 10 update (Sound Blaster Z): Hello there, As in the title: I have lost sound after latest Windows 10 update, which happened yesterday (23rd June 2017) - I am using Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, then reinstalling the device, then reinstalling the device and...