Windows 10: Sound Card Installation, Windows 10

Discus and support Sound Card Installation, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Neither ASUS nor Creative Sound audio cards will process "Mic" input from the back panel. I have updated the vendor drivers to Windows 10. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by whistlewicket, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Sound Card Installation, Windows 10

Neither ASUS nor Creative Sound audio cards will process "Mic" input from the back panel. I have updated the vendor drivers to Windows 10. I have tried "update," "disable," and "uninstall" approaches in the Device Manager. Audacity doesn't work. I'm trying to copy old LP's and can see that there is some actively in the segmented graphs but no usable throughput to be recorded or listened to in the speakers.

:)

whistlewicket, Dec 23, 2015
  2. Hanns3163 Win User

Why does windows 10 make me re install my sound card drivers windows wants to update ?????

That sucks.... Why does windows 10 make me re install my sound card drivers windows wants to update ?????

Why does windows 10 make me re install my sound card drivers windows wants to update ?????

Hanns3163, Dec 23, 2015
  3. My sound doesnt work properly

well if you replaced the sound card

Did you install the software and drivers for it. If not, go to manufacturers website and download and install the driver package that card for windows 10.

then go to device manager and find the sound and select on each one to uninstall the device. restart pc and windows will detect the card and it should install the new drivers. restart pc again.

Unplug everything from sound card before doing this.

seahawks65, Dec 23, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Card Installation, Windows 10

First, if you are going to copy audio, such as LP's, use the "Line IN" which is stereo and not the MIC which is only mono.
    Audacity defaults to "Stereo Mix" for recording. Stereo Mix should be set as the default recording device in the Sound Panel, recording section and no an individual device. With Stereo Mix set, any input can be used. With Creative/SoundBlaster, the Stereo Mix is called "What You Hear".

Conflicts may be causing some of your problem. If you are going to use a separate sound card (e.g. the SoundBlaster) then disable the Integrated (on the motherboard) sound in the BIOS. If you are going to use the Integrated audio, remove the SoundBlaster card.

fireberd, Dec 23, 2015
Thema:

Sound Card Installation, Windows 10

1. Sound Card Installation, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound Card Installation

2. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  3. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  4. sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound card: Because of recent updates by Microsoft, my soundblaster compatible sound no longer works. What is the reason and what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/d2ad0a8e-fd0e-4931-af94-5c46e325642e
  5. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Hi! I have an old dell laptop. Is it possible to download ASIO sound card to my laptop? or is there any external sound card or drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-cards/3e8a3888-f755-4f2d-a26e-c1e15f59f37d
  6. Sound Card

Sound Card: Hello, I recently upgraded from windows xp to windows 10 and my sound doesnt work. Then I later found out that my sound card doesn’t support windows 10, I looked online for new ones but I couldn’t find any that supported windows 10. What should I do?...
  7. Sound Card

Sound Card: HI, I have a Razer blade 2019. I am connecting my dj controller that has a built in sound card, windows recognize it and I can use it with the Serato software, but the line in volume meter do not pick up the sound coming from it and I can not use it with OBS. I can hear the...
  8. Sound Card lost in Windows 10

Sound Card lost in Windows 10: Sound card, no Sound card troubleshoot sound doesn't work. Suggestion below " Hello JSALVANS, Thank you for your post. In device manage is there a device with a question mark or explanation mark? If there is then it’s probably your sound card. Right click on it and...
  9. Cannot install driver for sound card

Cannot install driver for sound card: I have an Asus Xonar DGX sound card installed and I have tried to install the driver from the CD disk but will not do anything with it . Any ideas greatly appreciated 120297
  10. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Is there a verified sound cards list yet ? Thanks 2414