Windows 10: sound card problem

Discus and support sound card problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys! I could use some help. I have an ASUS p5q SE2 motherboard, which after the windows 10 update would not launch VIA HD. The sound was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dienes90, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Dienes90 Win User

sound card problem

Hi Guys!
    I could use some help. I have an ASUS p5q SE2 motherboard, which after the windows 10 update would not launch VIA HD. The sound was not working, so I bought a Sound Blaster sound card. After installing it in the computer, I disabled the integrated sound card in BIOS, installed the drivers, but only the front panel headphone jack works, there is no sound on the 5.1. Can someone please help? Thanks *Sad

:)

Dienes90, Jan 25, 2016

2. ppc 6700 sound problem

Everything on the phone is working fine except all of my sounds went out. I can hear calls that come in but they can't hear me; screen taps, music, etc.--no sound except for a little static or jusort of short circuit type sound. Have no idea what the problem
    is, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've had the phone for over a year with no problems.

Also, the date and time jumped back 3 years.

Thanks again!

ppc6700 sound problem, Jan 25, 2016
  3. ppc 6700 sound problem

Yes, I have tried that several times.

It appears that my sound has "died".

I have no upgraded or additional software on my phone.

Thanks for your reply.

Please any help would be great!!

ppc6700 sound problem, Jan 25, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

sound card problem

I do not see any Software drivers for this VIA since Windows 7 in 2009. Did the VIA drivers get updated from Windows and did you check Device Manager under Sound,Video and Game controllers to see if it was listed ?

No need to disable integrated Sound device when installing a PCI sound card. How are you hooking up this new card to external speakers and which model Sound blaster card did you purchase ? Usually front jack will only work for integrated card unless hooking PCI card to a motherboard connector i believe.

jds63, Jan 25, 2016
  5. Dienes90 Win User
    yepp but not find. *Sad
    that's the weird , the front panel jack works, but sound card jack panel no,I own the CD driver works.
    Sound Blaster Audigy Fx sound card, and this card have front panel jack possibility
    sound card problem [​IMG]
    See .

Dienes90, Jan 25, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Jan 25, 2016
  7. Dienes90 Win User
    Here the setting. Your downloaded from your location .http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/160126/3...toltes.hu_.jpg

Dienes90, Jan 25, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

sound card problem

And ? Looks like have it right in Sound settings. I just see your VIA card as disabled in Device Manager is all.

jds63, Jan 25, 2016
  9. Dienes90 Win User
    so the device manager is disabled VIA card is configured for Sound Blaster ,
    but it is not only about 5.1 of the front panel headphone.
    I do not understand why, where , or what I did wrong?

Dienes90, Jan 25, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    Do not get 5.1 from front panel, only stereo. What and how are you hooking up the speakers to the back of the new Sound Blaster card ?
    Only way you get front jack to work is to set it as default in Sound Properties, but from what you showed me it is set to Speakers there.

To hook to 5.1 speakers you use the green, black and orange on Sound blaster card this cord comes with the 5.1 speakers.If have only 2 speakers believe it is the green jack only.

jds63, Jan 25, 2016
  11. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Jan 25, 2016
  12. Dienes90 Win User
    I have bought an Sound Blaster soundcard. It is in the slot now, i have turned the onboard souncard off in BIOS, but my problem is, only the front panel working from my new soundcard, but nothing works on the back panel. No mic, and no sound.

Dienes90, Jan 26, 2016
  13. Dienes90 Win User

sound card problem

Dienes90, Jan 26, 2016
  14. jds63 Win User
    O.k. bit hard watching what you were doing. I think you are having an issue for one because how you are trying to hook it up and to what you are hooking it up to. Looks like you are trying to split each 3.5mm jacks on back of the Sound card you bought, but what you need to know is the Green connection is an output and carries 2 channels (stereo), Black connection carries 2 channels for rear speakers sound stereo and the Orange is the center channel (voice) speaker and Subwoofer (Bass-Low Tones). This makes it 5.1.

Seems you are trying to connect this to a regular Stereo system not 5.1 PC speakers with the proper Green, Black and Orange inputs. If that is true,this Stereo needs a left (White) and right (Red) input connection not an output connections on this Stereo. You can not get 5.1 surround unless your Sound card had a Output Digital Optical connection and the Stereo had a Digital Optical input connection.

If this system you are trying to hook the Sound card to has only Stereo connections and again has to be an input connection you can use this, but will loose Center, Rear and Subwoofer. Need this type of connector going just from the Green on Sound card to the input on the Stereo.

Might of needed to see back of the unit you were hooking it to.

Proper cable that usually goes from the sound card to 5.1 speakers

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

sound card problem

1. sound card problem - Similar Threads - sound card problem

2. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  3. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  4. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound card: Because of recent updates by Microsoft, my soundblaster compatible sound no longer works. What is the reason and what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/d2ad0a8e-fd0e-4931-af94-5c46e325642e
  6. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Hi! I have an old dell laptop. Is it possible to download ASIO sound card to my laptop? or is there any external sound card or drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-cards/3e8a3888-f755-4f2d-a26e-c1e15f59f37d
  7. Sound Card

Sound Card: Hello, I recently upgraded from windows xp to windows 10 and my sound doesnt work. Then I later found out that my sound card doesn’t support windows 10, I looked online for new ones but I couldn’t find any that supported windows 10. What should I do?...
  8. Realtek driver/sound card problems

Realtek driver/sound card problems: Recently my headphones wouldnt connect to my computer, I've updated all my drivers from their site and my motherboard drivers, I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them, I've tried many things but nothing would change. My computer is a Windows 10 Home and an ASUS H310...
  9. Sound Card

Sound Card: HI, I have a Razer blade 2019. I am connecting my dj controller that has a built in sound card, windows recognize it and I can use it with the Serato software, but the line in volume meter do not pick up the sound coming from it and I can not use it with OBS. I can hear the...
  10. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Is there a verified sound cards list yet ? Thanks 2414