Windows 10: Sound Cards

Discus and support Sound Cards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a verified sound cards list yet ? Thanks 2414 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by steele84, Oct 11, 2014.

1. steele84 Win User

Sound Cards

Is there a verified sound cards list yet ?

Thanks

:)

steele84, Oct 11, 2014
  2. Earv2015 Win User

Problems choosing between sound cards

Since today I can no longer choose between sound cards in Windows 10. I have a Realtek audiochip on my Asus Maximus VII Ranger motherboard and a Kingston HyperX Cloud II gaming headset that comes with a small external USB sound card.

I used to be able to choose between speakers and headset without problems: sound that was playing immediately switched from one to the other. Now I can still choose between the two, but sound keeps playing only over my speakers (the Realtek chip). In the
    pic below you can see the headset is marked as default device, but the sound is still playing over the speakers. No sound to my headset.

I disabled the Realtek chip, even deleted all drivers, which finally made the system play sounds over the headset, but once I reinstalled the Realtek chip drivers, the problem was back.

The weird thing is that it used to work fine, and I cannot remember doing anything that might have influenced this.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Sound Cards [​IMG]

Earv2015, Oct 11, 2014
  3. Problems choosing between sound cards

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. What happens when you set "speaker" to default?

2. When you connect the headphone while playing audio, does it not automatically set itself as the current audio output?

3. Did you try using the headset on a different computer?

4. What happens if you disable the speaker while the headset is connected?

As you mentioned it was working fine before, I would suggest you to perform a system restore and check if it helps.
    If you are having recent problems with Windows 10, then you could do a System Restore to restore Windows back to an earlier point in time, called a restore point.

Please refer the link below to restore Windows back to an earlier point in time.

How to Perform a System Restore?

Note: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed after the restore point has been created will be removed.

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 11, 2014
  4. CountMike New Member

Sound Cards

Should be the same as 8/8.1.

CountMike, Oct 12, 2014
Thema:

Sound Cards

1. Sound Cards - Similar Threads - Sound Cards

2. Windows audio is in 16 bits at 48khz, but I have an external sound card that works in 24...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows audio is in 16 bits at 48khz, but I have an external sound card that works in 24...: I have a Behringer UM2 sound card, which works in 24 bits at 48khz. When configuring the sound in Windows, the 24-bit options do not appear. When I work in my DAW, I can safely use 24 bits, but not in WindowsH8U5.png 499×456 imgbrr.coPS: Behringer works with Asio4All, but...
  3. I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...: I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but it does recognize the headphones output. I need help PLEASE!!!!...
  4. I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...: I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but it does recognize the headphones output. I need help PLEASE!!!!...
  5. I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?: I have a huge problem. My mic is picking up my voice and every single soundf.e system sounds, game sounds And I think it's because of my codec alc887, because Microsoft community managerif i remember told me that your video codec is too old. And I want to can soundcard fix...
  7. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?: I have a huge problem. My mic is picking up my voice and every single soundf.e system sounds, game sounds And I think it's because of my codec alc887, because Microsoft community managerif i remember told me that your video codec is too old. And I want to can soundcard fix...
  8. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

9. No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card

No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card: audio driver automatic disabbled / eliminated. Reinstall no effect.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-problem-with-my-nvidea-videoaudio-card/cbfbdb49-1420-4152-8468-1890d0d29b52
  10. No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card: audio driver automatic disabbled / eliminated. Reinstall no effect.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-problem-with-my-nvidea-videoaudio-card/cbfbdb49-1420-4152-8468-1890d0d29b52